It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:37 am

Free Newsletter

Mickey's Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:14 am

hey mickey

even though lite n easy wasnt for you, you gave it a go and it gave you some knowledge as to the foods you should eat as well as the portions.

good on you for not eating the cake or nibblies as well!

i often like to take heidi to the local oval for a run around. however without having a car at the moment we cant get there but it is great exercise and kids seem to love it dont they!

looking forward to reading your food and exercise diaries :)
kate_turner2000

Postby sassi » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:36 am

hi mickey

sounds like you've got your focus back :)

i know what you mean about lite n easy not being for you - but as kate says, it was good that you gave it a go. i tried having shakes for breakfast but i've come to the conclusion that it's not really for me.

1200 cals is quite low - i tried it & then went up to 1500 because i read some things that said that it's better to eat 1500 if you have more than 5kg to lose. i've found a huge diff between 1200 & 1500.

good luck with the new resolve :D
sassi

Postby MickeyB » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:12 pm

I am very motivated today, I have cleaned up the kitchen and made it a safe zone again. I went through the big meat shop last night and bagged up all the meat to suit individual meals so that I can just grab whatever for lunch, (I want some kind of meat every lunch).

I also went through the fridge and did what I should have done a long time ago and prepared bags of vegies for the freezer, cut them up in bite size pieces and weighed them all out to be the same. They just have cauliflower, broccoli and corn in them, but they are ideal for chucking in a quick stir fry, or steaming in the microwave to have on the side. They're only 113cal a bag, and now I don't have the excuse of 'can't be bothered' because it's all done I just have to zap it.

Here is my food diary for today, and it's all planned out ready to go in the fridge so no deviation:

Breakfast
1/2 cup (135g) of Lowan Whole Foods: Muesli: Fruit & Nut
1 serving, 1/2 cup (125mL) of Milk: Cow, Non-Fat / Skim (0.1% fat)

Lunch
100 g of Chicken Raw: Breast Meat, no skin, no bones, raw
1/2 cup (100g) of Vegetables, fresh: Bean Sprouts, raw
20 g of Vegetables, fresh: Capsicum, Red, raw
1 roll of: Bread Roll, Country Grain Round
1/2 cup slices of Vegetables, fresh: Cucumber, Green, common, raw, peeled
1 large leaf: Lettuce, Common, raw

Dinner
1 meal of Lite n' Easy: Frozen Meals: Spinach & Ricotta Tortelloni

Snacks
101 g of Fruit, fresh: Strawberries, raw
1 tub (150g) of Fruche: Vanilla Creme
2 medium fresh: Mandarin,
1 freddo Milky Top

Food Total:
Cals / Fat / Carb.
Day Total: 1370 / 25.7g / 206.9g
Mic
Waiting for baby #4 to arrive then getting stuck into losing the 25kg that needs to come off!
MickeyB

Postby milkyway » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:01 pm

Hi Mickey- good to read that you are feeling very motivated. Your meals today sound great!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Ally » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:42 am

I'll say Sandra!! Wow Mickey that is a great food diary, you certainly have balance worked out really well there!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:20 am

You sound really motivated and focused Mickey and that is great. Lite n easy certainly isn't for everyone but you gave it a go and it looks like you have a very nicely balanced meal plan happening. Whatever you introduce try to make it things you can do for life.

:D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby MickeyB » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:10 pm

Thanks for all the encouragment! i really do appreciate coming in and seeing all this support here, it really helps to stay focussed and I just know that I'm not doing this all by myself.

Well here's my food diary for today:

Breakfast
1 thin rasher of Bacon, Lean
1 medium Chicken Egg, whole
1 serving, 2 slices of Bakers Delight Bread: Wholemeal Country Grain

Lunch
150 g of Beef Steak: Rump, Raw, lean
1/2 cup Bean Sprouts
20 g of Capsicum Red
1/2 cup slices Cucumber, Green, peeled
2 large leaf Lettuce

Dinner
1 serving of Lite n' Easy: Frozen Meals: Special Lasagne

Snacks
2 medium Mandarin
1 tub of Yoplait Le Rice, Smooth Caramel
1 freddo, Milky Top

Food Total - Cals / Fat / Carb
Day Total - 1234 / 32.6g / 127g

It's on the low side today, because I ran out of time for morning tea, so I may bump it up this arvo with some crackers
Mic
Waiting for baby #4 to arrive then getting stuck into losing the 25kg that needs to come off!
MickeyB

Postby MickeyB » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:59 am

Minor blow out yesterday that meant my totals went to 2000 for the day, but no major damage done, and I'm back to it today even more determined not to let it happen again. I wasn't feeling well at all yesterday and ended up skipping snacks and swapping dinner, plus had some chippies :oops: Done now though, can't change it, learnt from it and moving on.

Sassi - you're right about 1200 being very low, last year when I was going through the 70's before my tummy tuck I was on a 1100-1200 plan and I was very strict on myself and didn't have a lot of room to move. I enjoyed it at the time and felt like everything was ok, but I can see now that I wasn't allowing myself enough freedom and it's ended up with me going crazy whenever I could now. So up to 1400 is my limit for now, and when I get out of the 80's again I'lls tart fiddling if my weight stalls.

Food Diary:

Breakfast
1/2 cup of Lowan Whole Foods: Muesli: Fruit & Nut
1/2 cup (125mL) of Milk: Cow, Non-Fat / Skim (0.1% fat)

Lunch
1/2 breast, bone & skin removed (86g) of Chicken Grilled: Breast,
1 serving, (75g) of Bakers Delight: Bread: Loaf, Wholemeal Country Grain
1 medium leaf Lettuce,
50 g of Woolworths Pasta Salad

Dinner
1 meal (460g) of Lite n' Easy: Frozen Meals: Braisied Lamb Shanks 368 8.7 25.8

Snacks
2 medium fresh: Mandarin
4 crispbreads of Paradise: Crispbreads: Vive, Wellbeing, 7 Grains
30 g of Luncheon Meats: Shaved, 97% Fat-Free, Leg Ham
4 tablespoon of Dairy Farmers: Cottage Cheese, Low Fat Salt Reduced

Food Total - Cals / Fat / Carb.
Day Total - 1379 / 30g / 157.3g
Mic
MickeyB

Postby MickeyB » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:20 am

Well AF is well and truly on the way, should be here tomorrow. Trying very hard to resist the urge to go and drown my sorrows in a cheesecake from the cheesecake shop. Major PMS zone today, so going to go and make myself busy around the house, might go and shop a bit instead of eating :wink:

Here's food diary for today. Overall it should be a good day if the rain holds off.

Breakfast
1/2 cup of Lowan Whole Foods: Muesli: Fruit & Nut
1/2 cup of Milk, Non-Fat / Skim (0.1% fat)

Lunch
1 medium leaf Lettuce
20g Capsicum, Red, raw
1½ slice of canned: Beetroot, drained
1/2 serving, of Cucumber, Green, raw, peeled
1/2 cup of canned Sweet Corn, drained
100 g of Chicken Raw: Breast Meat, no skin, no bones,
1 medium Eggs, hard boiled

Dinner
Lean Cuisine: Frozen Meals: Tasmanian Salmon w. Pasta

Snacks
1 tub (150g) of Fruche: Vanilla Creme
1 Freddo, Milky Top
2 medium Mandarin, peeled
125gm of Rice Crackers, cheese and onion

Food Total- Cals / Fat / Carb
Day Total-1370 / 30.1g / 200.2g
Mic
MickeyB

Postby KimE » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:51 am

AF is never a good time. My hubby gets on my case particularly at that time and tells me to take it easy as he says I get very pale just before. Of course I never do, not very good at the slow down approach!

Stay strong and remember why you are doing this. Good idea to keep yourself busy and don’t forget plenty of water. Cheesecake will just make you feel full and bloated. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby yummymummy » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:24 pm

it looks like you are well and truely back on track;lite and easy seemstobe working for you!
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Re: Mickey's Progress

Postby MickeyBoo » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:35 pm

Well I'm back! not that I was here for long and I'm probably long forgotten LOL But if you skip back to thread one, you'll get my life story again ;)

I'm under a new username because I lost access to my old one when the site changed over. Reading back over this was such an eye opener.

After my last post saying that AF had arrived, the next month we conceived! I had a beautiful baby boy Jett Michael in May of this year. All my fears about the pregnancy were unwarranted. I put on 13kg, lost 9kg straight after birth, had a very breezy pregnancy, even with daily insulin injections with the diabetes, and bubs was a teeny 6lb 4oz, major difference to my last 11lb baby!

At the moment I am sitting at 101.5kg. I haven't done much in the way of exercising seeing as Jett is only 7 weeks old, but this is my start week! I have no clothes that fit except trackies and i did my measurements and was shocked to see an average 20cm gain across my hips/waist/chest. Got a lot to change and all the time in the world to do it. I have started back at calorie king, I'm on day 2 with no slip ups so far, and I plan on keeping it that way. Hoping to be back in the 90's by weigh in day on Saturday. AF is due then too, so it might be pusing it, but then again, I might be lucky! I want to see 95kg on the scales in 2weeks time. (taking into consideration a lot of this is fluid weight and excess birth weight that hasn't had time to settle in properly, so it should come off quickly, it's getting under 90kg that's going to be the big hurdle).

I'm working from home now, so that's one less stress, as in not having to fit exercise in around a work schedule, my work schedule now fits in around my exercise time. I've bought a Wii Fit, great litle machine and something that is working for me with toning etc so far. As of next week when school holidays finish I will be getting into the routine of walking my DS to school everyday for my daily exercise session and thene verything should fall into place.

I really enjoyed this site the last time I was active here, so I'm hoping that it will continue to be a great motivation!

Mic
Mic

MickeyBoo

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:57 pm

I joined after you went on hiatus so we haven't met, but let me say welcome back anyway! :D

Congratulations on your new baby. How brilliant! You must be absolutely stoked.

There's quite a few people here using the Wii Fit. It sounds really good. You'll have to tell us what you think of it. Good luck with your weight loss. It sounds like you have a good plan set out. I'm sure you'll do excellently!

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby MickeyBoo » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:47 pm

Thanks for the welcome back Ali!

The Wii fit is great! I've done yoga/pilates etc at gyms before and the moves are exactly the same, stretch the same, and the best part is the machine won't let me overextend, so there's less chance of hurting my back. The cardio stuff needs ramping up a bit, but it's a good start to just get the heart rate up a bit and working the body better, even with the muscle workouts. The balance I find is more 'game' than working anything in particular, but it's good for a bit of a break and personal challenge. Overall I am finding it a fantastic starting place for my toning routines, and hopefully over time I can incorporate my hand weights into it, and the new releases at xmas time should help move things along as well. Highly recommend one! the other bonus is that I'm a facts and figures type of girl, and doing the body test each day and having it automatically graphed out is fantastic.

Ok, well diary entry...

Day 3, point of no return and I had a tough day. Temptation everywhere, my mum is a 'food pusher' and thinks I'm being too anal about my food intake when I'm counting calories so although she's supportive, it's in a backhanded way. The old nurturing mother routine

Example of which being, today, we had planned a trip to McD's for morning tea. Before we left I got on Calorie King and searched a few of the McCafe cake/muffin/slice options to see what I could fit into my day as a treat without blowing everything out of the water (remembering my 'Everything in Moderation' rule too). So I ended up with an orange and poppy seed muffin and a skinny flat white. As it turns out we were there past lunchtime and I then made a poor choice of having a McChicken over a deli choice roll, poor judgement on my part, but I didn't get chips and had water, so baby steps etc. Plus I really wanted th double quarter pounder LOL

Anyway, we stop later on in the arvo at a shopping centre, where my mum gets a big bag of donuts for the 4 adults to share. I say "No-thankyou, I still have to fit dinner in and that will blow my figures out too much" all the while giving myself a pat on the back for avoiding the temptation and asserting some self control. But then the pushing begins 'here just have one' / 'one won't hurt' / 'you've just had a baby you're allowed to be overweight' / 'there's nothing wrong with you' / '20kg is nothing to lose' blah blah blah. This is what makes the fight even harder because although these people love me, they just don't get where I'm coming from and don't understand that my relationship with food needs to be purely a food=fuel with the occasional pitstop, not a free for all, and a 'one major treat a day won't hurt' rule.

But I had this argument with my family last time. I asked my mum straight out - Why on earth when I was 118kg and not going anywhere great, did no-one say anything to me? Why didn't someone who loves me pull me aside and ask me if I was prepared to do something about my weight? Why didn't anyone care enough to say HEY you're morbidly obese and you are slowly killing yourself with food? - if I was drugging myself with anything other than food you can bet they would have stepped in quicksmart. It's depressing to think that in our society strangers freely make you understand that you are obese and should do something about it, but family and friends that care just let you stay that way, thinking that saying something will be too hurtful, when the truth is letting me gain so much weight I can't walk up a small flight of stairs is far more hurtful than a few well meant words.

Anyway, I did go over my calories today, we got home later than expected, I had a small bag of peanut m&m's left from my pig out fest on Sunday, and arvi sugar hit = self control at an all time low. They blew everything out, but now they're gone, it's the last of the tempting food and shopping day tomorrow means the cupboards will be stocked with healthier options again not quick fatty fixes. I did do a lot of walking with the pram today, and I plan on doing some Wii workout as soon as I am finished here.

But this is the beautful part, the part I have been waiting for everytime I've tried to re-start since i started re-gaining. Instead of feeling like I've failed because I slipped up today, I am feeling that old resolve and willpower taking hold, and it's refreshing.

First goal was to not eat past 8pm, day 3 and it's all good, this is an easy rule for me to implement, but still a goal is a goal and by the end of this first week I know it won't be a hurdle anymore.

My biggest hurdle is the binge eating, my two major vices are that I will eat a full bag of potato chips whenever I get the chance, or we get a KFC megafeast and I overeat the chicken. It always happens on a weekend and I always do some serious damage. In the two years it took me to lose 50kg, I still kept doing it and everytime I tried to stop I failed. I have never figured out why I do it, other than it's a comfort, a ritual that I feel happy doing and so far haven't found something to replace it. Maybe when I'm truly happy and can accept myself 100% I won't need my little creature comfort anymore.

Mic
Mic

MickeyBoo

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:16 am

You're doing really well Mic! I think it's terrible that your mum keeps trying to tempt you with food. I'm guessing that's her way of showing love. I need to remember to try and curb this tendency when I have kids. As soon as someone steps through our door I have the instinct to feed them non-stop until they leave!

You're upset that your family didn't point out your weight gain and how it was affecting you. I'm not criticising your feelings there because it's a very valid viewpoint, but I am curious as to how you think you would have reacted if they had pointed it out. What if your mum had turned to you one day while shopping and said "You're putting on a lot of weight aren't you?". Would you have responded with gratitude? Or would you have been horrified that they were judging you by your weight and quietly resented them for it? Your story touched a chord with me because I can tell you my answer from personal experience. My mum is brutally honest and was quite happy to tell me when she thought I was getting fat. When she told me I was gaining a fair bit of weight I was hurt. I was angry. And the worst thing was that it didn't give me any incentive to lose weight. It wasn't until I decided enough was enough for me that I made a decision to change to a healthier lifestyle. Granted I wasn't obese, but she says the same thing to my father constantly who is obese and it seems to only get his back up and make him eat more. It was only when the doctor told him he was in danger of diabetes that he really made an effort to get healthier. He hated mum telling him how fat he was. I hated mum telling me how I chubby I was. Some people react differently to criticism, and maybe your family has a more supportive way of wording things than mine, but do you think that a comment from a family member or friend would have been the 'wake-up call' that you needed to get healthy again?

I think you're doing brilliantly Mic. I think it's great that you're looking at why your eating, not just what you're eating. I'm enjoying reading your progress report and I'm sure you'll do really well on your weight loss journey!

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress