It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:15 pm

Free Newsletter

Mickey's Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Mickey's Progress

Postby sassi » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:54 am

hi & welcome back mic!

congrats on the new baby!

i've just been re-reading your thread & i agree with Ali - you seem to be doing really well & are very aware of the reasons why you eat & also how external factors (like your mum!) influence you.

how did the wii workout go? i'm definitely buying wii fit with my next pay, which is next week. between you & cass talking about it, i REALLY want it now :lol:

anyway, just wanted to stop by & say hi. i'm looking forward to reading your progress :)

ps - nice work on saying no to chips & the donuts!
sassi

Postby MickeyBoo » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:03 pm

Today was a much better day, in control and on track, willpower is kicking back in and I feel so much better for it. It feels nice to be back in control of what I am doing to my body and my health. I know it's early days, but a positive attitude can only help and I feel like I'm getting back in the zone.

I jumped on the Wii at lunch time, even though I had to force myself to do it, I felt great afterwards and more awake and energetic too, even got my big pile of ironing done!

I felt quite focussed today,
Good points
- I didn't have my usual take out lunch
- didn't get anything from the bakery
- didn't stop at Donut King on the way out
- I also didn't buy chocolate, or any potato chips with the shopping
- I made sure I bought a few lean cuisine/steam vegie type things, and i also grabbed a heap of steamer bags for home so that I can microwave steam my own fresh vegies. So I have no excuse about dinners anymore.
- I did my 30min workout.
- I stuck by my 8pm rule.

Points for improvment -
- I had a coffee date with a friend and shared a cookie with the kids - solution don't get the cookie and get a light salad instead.
- I had a tim tam for arvo tea with some strawberries, - solution I should have had a mandarin instead of the tim tam.

Overall Not too much damage with the food so I'm satisfied with that.

Ali,
but do you think that a comment from a family member or friend would have been the 'wake-up call' that you needed to get healthy again?

You make a good point :) And funnily enough your experience was the reason my mum gave me for not saying anything. She was worried that if she said to me I needed to lose weight I would have reacted badly and spiralled further down. In all honesty if anyone but my mum had of said something I would have reacted badly, I would have felt fatter than ever and that they were judging me and it would have caused me to shut down even more.

I also agree it would have hurt regardless, (but no more than how much it hurt when I had to admit to myself that I was morbidly obese and had 50kg to lose) and that it was still up to me to get in the right head space, but I think that if she had of said something, it would have helped to make me start looking at myself a bit more and that in turn would have made me snap me out of my fantasy world a little sooner. i was so far in fantasy I still saw myself as a size 18(ie. not too bad), when I was a size 24!! I realised after I did finally snap to it that I had stopped looking in mirrors , except for my face and I was using the image I had in my head. When I stood up and examined myself properly for the first time in a long time, reality hit and hit hard. I was living in a dream world and I shudder to think where I would be if I hadn't come to my own senses (and in all honesty the ONLY thing that woke me up was pure fear after seeing 118kg on the scales), can't argue with a nfact, and you know what they say, there's a magic number for everyone .

On that note my mum is the one person who could have pulled me aside and I would have listened, knowing that she was genuinely concerned, not saying something to make herself feel better etc. I guess the other thing is she wouldn't have worded it as "You're putting on a lot of weight aren't you?", the delivery would have been a lot gentler, I understand you being devastated if your mum approached you like that!!! There's a big difference between someone telling you that they're worried about your weight and that they would like you to know that they are there to support you when you need it, to being constantly told that you're overweight, especially by someone who offers no support.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome back Sassi! The Wii workout is great! I've managed to open up a few more of the advanced yoga poses today and feel the muscles waking up again. The cardio is fantastic, the boxing is good, and the step aerobics is fun! I think for a cardio workout it's not the answer, but for toning, muscle building and flexibility it's going to be more than good enough!

Will Be Back Tomorrow! So far so good, but it's the weekend that's going to get me if I let it ;) I've decided to weigh in on Mondays as an extra incentive not to overdo it.

M
Mic

MickeyBoo

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:38 am

I can see why you would have wanted your mum's input and advice. If you have a supporting relationship with clear channels of communication that sort of thing can work really, really well. My family's about as subtle as a semtex enema so it certainly didn't work for me! :lol:

I love the way you congratulate yourself on your successes of the day, and make note of points for improvement. It's such a positive way of looking at things! And I think it's great that you offer yourself solutions for those points you want to improve. It's a terrific way to pat yourself on the back, hold yourself to account and constantly improve your mindset while on your weight loss journey. I might just have to borrow that technique for my own progress journal! Currently I just whinge about my back and talk about eBay so any change would be good in my case. :lol:

You're doing really well. All the changes you are making in your lifestyle are going to make a huge impact on your weight and general wellbeing. Good on you!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby MickeyBoo » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:38 pm

Today has been a big test, I'm exhausted the kids are driving my batty and bubby had his 8week old needles, all in all a stressful day and I have had it. I've basically come home and have been searching the fridge and cupboard for something to eat, and thank goodness there is nothing there.

Good Points
- I managed to turn down an offer of KFC for lunch, and just have my lean cuisine
- I haven't binged even though I so desperately want to
- I've started a 5kg goal today in the hope of giving myself something to focus on instead of food, and I only have 2.9kg to get to my first goal.

Points for Improvement
- Haven't exercised yet and know that I won't be in the mood when I get my next lot of free time at 8pm. - Solution just get off my ass and do it, even if it's just some ab work and weights
- I'm going to have a big glass of wine with dinner and hopefully not the whole bottle - Solution - in future make sure that I have allowed for this with my calorie count so that it's not blowing things out

Biggest thing for me at the moment is to try and stay positive, I know where I'm headed and I know how to get there, the mindset just has to stay on the right track now and I'll be fine.

Thanks for your support Ali, I spent way too much time whinging and gaining for the past 2 years and need to stop! It's all too easy to feel like everything is piling up against you and then not bother anymore, but when you make yourself note just how much you've accomplished each day, it makes it easier to feel like you're making progress instead of sitting still, even if it doesn't always refelct on the scales.

I'm going to set aside some time on te weekend to go through the forums here and have a read of what everyone is up to!

M
Mic

MickeyBoo

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:38 pm

You're doing really well, Mickey. It's a good idea to focus on the accomplishments instead of the scales. I'm trying to do that too, but with varying success! If you figure out a way to stick to one glass of wine instead of the whole bottle please let me know! I'm known to like a quiet drink or two (or three) and cutting down on the booze is one of my main aims this week.

Hope you have a great weekend!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby milkyway » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:17 pm

You've got a great attitude Mickey. I hope you had a great weekend and got some exercise in :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby MickeyBoo » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:45 pm

Had a shocker of a day yesterday, far too many vodka's with orange juice, (had a Wii party LOL) and that of course led to some late night binging on chips in between bowling tournaments LOL) Such a horrible end to what had been a good week! I was at 99.3, but am back up to my start weight (which I know is just excess weight from the carry on last night and will come away easily, but still :( )

I think that I might just have to move my weigh day back to Sunday morning and set up my old 'sunday day off' so that I can have one relaxed maintenance day, instead of going crazy like that. Not a day where I can be a pig, but a day where I allow a few more calories so I'm not feeling as deprived.

So I have to restart again! But I did make an attempt at salvaging something, I did a 30min bike ride yesterday with the kids, and I walked my daughter to kindy this morning, (and pushed the pram as well which gave some extra resistance,) which is an hour round trip up hills.

I'm feeling better about my plans this week though, jumped straight back into it today no problems and I'm feeling very motivated to not let the trainwreck of a weekend happen again! I checked out my new sneakers that I plan to buy as my reward for reaching my 5kg goal, on the weekend as well as an extra incentive, they'll probably end up being about $150-$200, so I better make this all worth it and really focus on getting ahead if I want them!.

Thanks milkyway got the exercise, just didn't do anything else to help it along LMAO. It's hilarious that I can do this to myself time and time again and still expect my body to respond nicely, been having terrible belly pains all day!

Ali The wine is the easy part, one glass is enough to take the edge off and let me relax, but the vodka takes a few glasses to kick in :oops: and by then it's a 'too late to care' kind of situation LOL It's funny too, the scales are not my worst enemy, I like getting my figures charting them, turns it into just a number on a screen instead of some depressing number that is a representation of how I really think about myself.

But hey, no point dwelling on it either, new day and all that jazz, back to it! Had a brilliant day today, didn't slip, didn't binge, did a decent walk, and kept to my night time eating rule. Only thing for improvment is to cut back on the coffee, i don't need 3 cups a day :roll:
Mic

MickeyBoo

Postby MickeyBoo » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:07 pm

So far I'm plodding along this week, motivation still up there, dietary changes going well, no major slip ups, I've turned plenty of unhealthy food away and not collapsed in a pile of blubbering mess, so all is ok. The bloating in my belly has finally dropped this week seeing as it's TTOTM, and I'll be looking forward to doing my measurements on Sunday morning, it's been 2 weeks since the last ones, and not a lot of progress on the scales, so it'll be interesting if there's a change.

I have been slack on the exercise front, the weather has been miserable for anymore walking to school etc, and on top of that end of year and taxtime calls and I have a ton of paperwork for us and the business to get through, plus business cards to design, courses to organise etc. I've been super busy running back and forth and working and looking after 3 kids and haven't left myself enough energy to do exercise at night time. Just being a slack ass.

I looked at joining a local pool today, they've just come under new managment and have installed a new gym, with classes etc, and it's cheap. If I join and pay up front for the year it's only $499, which works out to $9.60 a week. It's coming up with the $500 that's the issue! Although the girl talking to me tripped over herself in her self absorbed sales pitch, and tried to tell me that i could take the direct debit option and pay fortnightly, and that it worked out the same, but then went on to say it was $28.80 a f/night, which works out closer to $750 a year! It's a big jump.

Anyway, when I have $500 i will join up, I love swimming, best exercise ever and I can do about 70 laps (about 1.75km) in an hour, it tones my body all over and relaxes me at the same time, I'm in my own little world, my body is not as heavy because it's being supported by the water, there's no pressure on my arthritic knees, or my bad lower back and my arms tone up nice too. But it won't be long before I can join, and it'll probably be warmer then too.
Mic

MickeyBoo

Postby sassi » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:39 am

swimming is meant to be super for toning your arms! i hope the $500 turns up very soon!!

sounds like you've been really busy but holding together everything really well!

the wii bowling is soooo addictive!
sassi

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:08 pm

That sounds like a very affordable gym and pool membership. Is it an outdoor pool? Or an indoor heated pool? In this weather I'm hoping it's the latter! :lol:
EvilWombatQueen

Previous

Return to Personal Progress