It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:10 am

Free Newsletter

sassi's progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

sassi's progress

Postby sassi » Wed May 23, 2007 10:47 am

i've decided to start my progress diary-type thingy now rather than waiting till i lose weight.

yesterday was a shocker for some reason. i'm gonna blame the hormones! but i was a sook all day :oops:

anyway, today is a new day and i am not going to focus on the fact that i have put on 10 of the 13kg i lost but just focus myself on going forward and becoming a healthier person all around.

i'm going to try and avoid the scales until wednesday next week so i give myself a chance to actually lose some weight & also get past the current hormones.

my challenge for this week is to:

do 30 minutes of exercise on 5 days between now & next wednesday

identify some goals for the next 5 months
sassi

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed May 23, 2007 11:25 am

hey sassi what a great start to your progress thread. it can be disappointing when the weight comes on again but in a way i think its your bodys way of telling you to change a few things- and to remind you that you are slacking off.

looking forward to seeing your goals im sure they will be great :)
kate_turner2000

Postby sassi » Fri May 25, 2007 11:02 am

kate_turner2000 wrote:hey sassi what a great start to your progress thread. it can be disappointing when the weight comes on again but in a way i think its your bodys way of telling you to change a few things- and to remind you that you are slacking off.

looking forward to seeing your goals im sure they will be great :)
i totally agree with you - i reverted to my "old ways" and the weight came back...the thing that annoys me most is that i knew it would happen but chose to ignore that fact. grrr to me!

i feel like i've turned a corner in my attitude though - am being more sensible in my food choices and if i do treat myself (friday is treat day in my office - i've just had a yummy muffin) i incorporate it into my calories for the day and don't just write the day off and eat badly all day which is what i have a tendency to do if i feel like i've fallen off the wagon.

my overall aim for the next 5 months is to get below 80kg. that was something i didn't manage last time round but was so very close.

my partner and i are going on holiday in mid-october. being totally vain, the thing driving me at the moment is that i want to look nice in the photos cos i know i'm going to treasure the memories of the holiday and i'd love to have photos that i feel happy with. :oops:

my first goal is to get below 90kg by 8/6. i just want to see 80-something on the scales again!
sassi

Postby MickeyB » Fri May 25, 2007 11:18 am

Hi Sassi,

I know the feeling of having to re-start. It's all to easy to just revert back and those old habits never really go away, but at least you've stopped it before it's gotten too far out of hand.

Take it easy on yourself and baby steps all the way. Maybe you could try to set up some small goals on a week to week basis and incorporate all of the lifestyle changes you know you need to make slowly so that they stick.

Good Luck :) and I know you'll be lokoing fantastic by the time your holiday rolls around.
Mic
Waiting for baby #4 to arrive then getting stuck into losing the 25kg that needs to come off!
MickeyB

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri May 25, 2007 12:41 pm

hey sassi its normal to want to look nice in the photos. you dont want to go away on your holiday with the feeling that you are uncomfortable in your own skin. you want to go away with good times in mind :)

its definately a turning point when you are in the right mindset to lose the weight which you obviously are :) best wishes
kate_turner2000

Postby sassi » Mon May 28, 2007 2:53 pm

thanks guys. it's amazing what a difference it makes when you get all these positive vibes :D

fell off the wagon over the weekend, but am back on track today.

when i moved in with my boyfriend i left my digital scales with my old flatmate, so i'm planning to reclaim them at some stage this week. i've been using an old set and i have a horrible feeling they're not very accurate! here's just hoping they add weight and don't underestimate it :lol:
sassi

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon May 28, 2007 3:51 pm

hey sassi hope the scales read what you are hoping they read. its hard when you have inaccurate scales :( i used to take measurements too just to make sure :)
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Mon May 28, 2007 9:02 pm

Hey Sassi - hope your reclaimed digital scales will put a smile on your face :)

Good on you for getting right back on the wagon!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby sassi » Wed May 30, 2007 10:19 am

i can't believe it's wednesday again already!

did okay on my exercise committment - i exercised for 4 out of 7 days, didn't quite make the 5. which means i did 4 more lots of exercise than the week before!

goals for this week:
exercise 5 days out of 7
aim for a 1 kg loss for the week when i jump on the scales on saturday
limit myself to one coffee per day (too dehydrating!)
on all days (excl saturday) eat between 1200-1500 calories

medium term goal:
below 80kg by october 15

longer term goal:
below 70kg by christmas
sassi

Postby sassi » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:10 am

milkyway wrote:Hey Sassi - hope your reclaimed digital scales will put a smile on your face :)

Good on you for getting right back on the wagon!

weeeeell....looks like they won't. i've had a funny few days eating-wise, so i'm going to wait until tomorrow before i take real notice but it looks like i'm more like 94.5 than 91. that is more than i've ever weighed. i blame finding love :lol:

but in all honesty, it's really got to me and i feel like a complete idiot for putting all the weight plus a bit extra on. i can't believe i've let myself down like this and right now the challenge just feels insumountable. i know it's not and i'll get on track but i just feel so defeated at the moment and that my first goal of getting under 90kg again is soooo far away.
sassi

Postby sassi » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:32 am

i also meant to say that i apologise for sounding so grumpy! i also feel like i'm starting to get sick again (my bf and i have been passing a cold backwards and forwards for about a month). i was being good - eating well & taking vitamins but then had a big night out on sunday and i think that just tipped me over the edge as i've been feeling tired & rundown for a while.
sassi

Postby milkyway » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:34 am

Hey Sassi - don't let it get you down. You CAN do this. If you've recently moved house, you've got to give yourself time to settle into a new routine etc. Don't let a small weight gain be an excuse for chucking it all in. You still have plenty of time to reach your goal of 80kg in October :) Get right back on that wagon!!! We're here for you :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:15 am

i agree with sandra you still can make your goal of 80kg by october. just get moving and try not to have many treats between now and then. its hard when you arent feeling well i know and it can be a let down to see what the scales say but i think as long as you dont give up you can reach your goal weight.
kate_turner2000

Postby sassi » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:48 am

thanks guys, i really needed to hear that. i think the worst bit is when you doubt yourself. and it makes all the difference to have some positive vibes. *hugs*

i'm trying to work out what to do exercise-wise while not feeling 100%, but i might try the 2 mile watp tomorrow morning, because it's not too long and doesn't involve going for a walk in the cold! i did buy some snazzy purple boxing gloves yesterday so i might even have to give them a quick trial tonight!
sassi

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:12 pm

yay for the boxing gloves! what a great idea :)

you could also do some stretches and maybe some weights using things from around your house.

squats
push ups
sit ups
etc
kate_turner2000

Next

Return to Personal Progress