It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:48 pm

Free Newsletter

As Rove would say ... what the??

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

As Rove would say ... what the??

Postby Sassygirl » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:51 pm

My health has been going up and down for some time now. After some health issues - my weight has risen to just on 80kilos. I am absolutely disgusted in myself - but I now have an intolerance to gluten. I was getting bloated, gassy (sorry :oops: ), heartburn, reflux and having to go to the toilet ( :oops: :oops: ) after consuming bread and other foods. Since I have stopped eating those types of food, the symptons have gone. So now I have a new journey to begin - one without the yummies that I love so much (yes I know there are gluten free products out there). ANyway I also have to get my cholestoral down as well as my sugars (see told you I had issues!!!!!). Fingers crossed.
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:02 pm

hey michelle

thats no good mate. i probably also have a gluten intolerance just never got it checked out along with the thyroid im supposed to have checked! but when i first started losing weight i found that by cutting out the things i loved and ate on a everyday basis such as bread, pasta, too much potato etc i found i wasnt as bloated gassy tired and irritable. eating lots of fresh foods really help me. i hope everything sorts itself out and im sure with the changes you are making you will lose the weight again :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:33 pm

Hi Michelle..sorry to hear you have been having health problems matey....but at least they have gotten to the cause of all that bloating and other yukky stuff that has been happening....dont look back now darl...just keep going from here and armed with your new knowledge you will get through this and start losing weight again and lower your cholesterol and sugars. :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:13 am

Sorry to hear you are having health difficulties.

My friend is gluten, dairy and wheat intolerant. There are so many foods she can not eat but on the flip side a lot of gluten free products are being made now by food manufacturers so you won't have to go without your yummy foods. In the woollies health food section there are lots of yummy gluten free foods (I can vouch for this as I'm addicted to these yummy chocolate biscuits- not so good for my waist line though).

All the best. The key here is experimentation you can make lots of yummy food without wheat.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby Sassygirl » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:07 pm

Thanks for that. I actually bought some cereal and crispbreads from the health food isle - they are not bad - will take a little getting used to especially the cereal - but will get there. I must say that I am feeling better not eating bread and stuff so there is a positive. They do some rice crackers that are gluten free (by fantastic chicken and BBQ) so I do have those. My heartburn has gone (except for the days when I indulge in a naughty biscuit ... umm marrrr). But hopefully I will see the benefits of a healthy diet - yeast free of course!!!!

As you can see - my ticker has moved so maybe that, accompanied by my exercising, is working. Fingers crossed.
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:34 pm

yay michelle you are doing well ;)
kate_turner2000

Return to Personal Progress