It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:36 am

Free Newsletter

Jeshka's Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby jeshka » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:14 pm

thanks guys - Dawn, you're so right about the fresh foods - it's amazing how much they hike up the price on the processed stuff. And at least you know what you're getting with the fresh stuff!

Kate, it's good to see it's not just my boy is not the only one with that point of view. He is a big influence on me, it's wonderful, because I have terrible willpower usually. I know what you mean about people sitting back and feeling sorry for themselves. I have a friend who was always a little bit chubby in high school, but has been packing on more weight since she got a boyfriend last year and he moved in (they're in that comfort zone). She complained that she couldn't find a good outfit to wear to my 21st because nothing nice fitted her, but she doesn't do anything about it. Her mum buys lollies and biscuits and icecream and cooks huge meals, but instead of asking her mum to buy some healthier options, she just eats it all. Yet she still complains. Her boyfriend is in training to become a police officer and has to pass a fitness test, so he's been getting a bit healthier - i'm hoping she will follow his lead. (now i'm going off on a tangent!)

The new job is at Tuggerah, customer service in a call centre. It will be a good challenge, there's potential to earn bonuses and work overtime for a bit of extra cash, which i don't get here. I'm really looking forward to something new!
jeshka

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:18 pm

wow tuggerah is heaps closer to you then sydney! enjoy it :)
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:35 pm

Congrats on getting the new job :D

Your bf sounds like a very wise person. that's really good advice he has there. You sound really positive at the moment and you're lucky to have someone to share your healthy journey with - my husband, skinny thing he is, still eats his chips etc. :roll:
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby jeshka » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:43 pm

ohhh i'm sure that doesn't make it easy for you - but to be able to do it on your own shows how strong you are!

I am feeling really positive at the moment :) I've even started back on Calorieking cos I let that slide for quite a while. I'm back in the swing of things and I want to stay that way!! This forum is such a motivator aswell! Every time I don't log on for a few days, that's when I seem to start going downhill again. Someone else mentioned on here that they avoid eating bad foods because they know they will have to put it in their food diary on here if they eat it - it's true, it has that affect!! Which is definitely a good thing :)
jeshka

Postby jeshka » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:24 am

So the weekend is usually when I cave in the most, I end up with a hangover on Sunday mornings and go and eat maccas to make me feel better. This weekend I'm not getting drunk, so there's no risk of that happening!! We also don't really have any junk food left in the house and I don't have much cash so I won't be able to have a binge like I usually would!

I am buying a measuring tape today, so I can start taking my measurements and posting them. I'm kind of at that weight where it's hard to distinguish between what is muscle and what is fat when using scales, so I figure the best way to do things is to measure my loss in centimetres (sp? i haven't written that word since school!). I know once I've reached my size goal, I'll probably get on the scales and be about 15 kg lighter than i was when I started all of this, but at the moment I don't think it's the best way to do things.

Today I'm going to do some dancing while Nick fixes my car, and i really wanted to go for a walk but once again the weather is awful and so I don't really know if that's going to happen. I wish it was summer already - we have a pool in our apartment block and I would love to do some swimming but it is just too damn cold!

It's my second day on the soy milk today too, and I'm feeling much less lethargic than when I used to drink normal milk. I am quite bloated this morning, and it's only since I had breakfast, so I'm starting to think bread is another culprit! It will probably be the next thing I eliminate as part of a little 'trial and error' to see if it makes a difference!
jeshka

Postby jeshka » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:50 pm

yay - got my tape measure!!

ok here are my measurements - eek!

Hip - 97cm
Waist (ie. just below the ribs) - 76cm
Bum - 103.5cm
Tummy (ie. the pot belly) - 93cm
Bust - 84cm
Thigh (at widest point - saddlebags & where they rub together) - 63.5cm
Thigh (just above knee) - 47cm
Ankle - 24cm
Calf (at widest point) - 39cm
Arm (the tuckshop lady arm bit - the bicep i guess) - 30cm

I know the bust measurement will drop instantly the second I start losing weight, but that is a sacrifice i am willing to make! My waist is always one of the first parts to shrink aswell. My tummy will hopefully improve when I start cutting out the rest of the 'bloating' foods. My bum is always going to be a bigger measurement cos I inherited my mums bubble-butt (not necessarily a bad thing, when it's in good shape i get great feedback, i get the whole j.lo thing happening :oops: haha) and the rest will hopefully tuck in with exercise and my new and improved diet! We shall soon see. I'd LOVE to see the hip and thigh measurements come down!

It feels good that I can actually measure my progress now instead of saying 'i THINK i'm losing a few cms' etc... I'm not sure how often to measure though - would once a week be enough or too much or what? ....
jeshka

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:04 pm

i.e the pot belly- LOL mines looking a bit that way too lol.

measure yourself as often as you like jess. i know ppl who measure weekly and some measure monthly etc. id probably weigh myself and then if the scales arent 'co operating' id measure myself to see if the weight is shifting.
kate_turner2000

Postby jeshka » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:34 pm

thanks kate :)

well, me and Nick decided because we had been so good all week, we would spoil ourselves today. So we went into Woolies with the intention of buying a frozen pizza or something, but ended up walking out with bread rolls and half a kilo of rump steak - the whole lot cost us less than $5!! Crazy! So, we had steak and salad burgers for lunch and they were soooo good! I had half of the steak, which took my protein and fat levels up on Calorie King, but I still reckon it was better for me than a frozen pizza, or something from maccas would have been. Waaay yummier too! We're having dinner at Nick's mums place tonight, which is usually roast meat and vegies or parmigiana or some other yummy home cooked meal like that, so I still shouldn't end up doing too badly today!

I've gone up and down the stairs in our apartment block a zillion times this weekend, and I'm not really feeling it in my legs as much as I used to - which makes me think my muscles are getting used to it, so it's going to be harder to see results now. I will just have to put a lot more into it now!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! :)

Jess
jeshka

Postby jeshka » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:12 am

Well, dinner at Nicks mums place turned out to be crumbed, fried chicken fillets - they were small, but still didn't rate well on CalorieKing. We had pasta and steamed vegies with it, it was really yummy but definitely went over my intake for EVERYTHING yesterday! We also had apple danish and custard for dessert - oops! The good thing is that I didn't have the 2 glasses of coke that i usually have when I'm there! So today I'm going to be extra good, to make up for yesterdays blowout - the idea was to have a treat, not double my calorie intake. At least now Nicks family know we're trying to do this and so they're going to try to cater for us when we go around there from now on :)

Oh and this morning I got dressed for work - my pants are even more huge on me than ever before, and the shirt i'm wearing is swimming on me too!
jeshka

Postby milkyway » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:59 am

Hi Jess - dontcha just love it when your pants are swimming on you? That's when you really notice the difference. :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:22 pm

oh jess i had a rotten time at my inlaws yesterday with the food lol. definately paying for it today with having my monthlies, all that food and bloating and even though i did exercise i have put on weight. its weigh in day tomorrow but i am not taking too much notice of what the figure says tomorrow as i know i had a huge loss last week and i ahve had my periods all week.

im glad your inlaws will remember you guys next time. perhaps you can have them over your place for a meal next time?
kate_turner2000

Postby jeshka » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:37 pm

yep, we've had them over before and nick made a really nice stir-fry (and i don't usually like stir fry!!). i'll be suffering all that horrible bloating and stuff next week, not looking forward to it, but i'm sure the fact that i've been laying off the salt, fat and caffeine will certainly make it more bearable than usual (as i've heard that stuff only makes it worse!).

i've noticed today i'm feeling less hungry than usual. i've only had a soy milo and some grapes today and i'm not starving for lunch like i usually am by this time. my portion sizes have gone down (except for a few things over the weekend) and i think my body is getting used to eating less. It's good! Also, the milo is enough to curb my chocolate cravings, i have one every morning with the soy milk and, even though sometimes i feel like a choccie, i don't feel the need to go out and buy a block or a bar or anything and gorge on it, haha. now that i'm into week 2, it should get even easier, me thinks! :)

Jess
jeshka

Postby jeshka » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:11 pm

yesterday my calves were really sore - i think it was from the dancing i did on saturday, it was great! not only is it a cardio workout but it's going to help tone up my legs too, so i'm definitely going to continue with that!

i haven't had bread since saturday, and i haven't felt sick or lethargic or anything since - so that's another thing i'm going to try to continue cutting out. we're having steak for dinner tonight, i'm probably only going to have half of mine, and save the other half for lunch tomorrow, as pastrami is getting a little bit boring, and that way i'm having less fat in one hit (it's lean steak, but still packs a punch in the fat stakes on calorieking).

Nick keeps commenting on how small i seem to be getting. it could just be the fact that it's getting warmer so i'm not wearing bulky layers of clothes, but then again, i think i look a bit smaller too, so he could be right!! he rode his bike to work and back yesterday because he has just lost his licence (for 6 months! aahh!) and it was close to 2 hours riding in total i think - he's going to become so fit doing that every day. i can already see a difference in him - his love handles are disappearing more and more by the minute, his six pack is starting to show again and his back, chest, shoulders and arms are bigger and more defined - just like he was when i first met him! his attitude is that he always wants to improve on himself though, he's kicking himself for getting so out of shape, but luckily it's not taking very long for him to get back into shape! now that he's going to be looking all schmick again, that's more incentive for me to look my best :) i dunno if that sounds silly... haha

I took the big step of posting my photos last night, i suppose in a way it is to shame myself into sticking to this. looking at them all together, i can see how much i've put on since 2003, and am pretty cross at myself for letting it get that way, but now even more determined to change it!

This weekend we are having a couple of our friends over for pizza and a movie - only i wasn't keen on the idea of getting greasy Dominos or something, so i suggested making our own pizzas, and everyone is keen!! so that's going to still be a little treat, but FAR healthier than the other option! my mum used to make her own healthy pizzas with vegies and stuff when i was a kid and i loved them! so that should be good. a lot of people i know seem to be getting motivated by me and nick and are starting to exercise and eat well - being able to inspire other people to get into good habits is really rewarding - i suppose that's how the biggest loser contestants feel, and not only them, but everyone on this site - Kate and all the regulars - you're all wonderful and really inspire a lot of people, including myself :)

Last but not least ...last night me and Nick went to woolies to get some more soy milk and the steak for tonight, and i went for a little walk down the choccie aisle where there was heaps on special - just looking at the labels was a HUGE wake up call - some of the light options were low in fat but extremely high in sugar, some others were low in sugar and calories but huge in fat - there was no happy medium. So i boycotted all of them. Haha. How's that for willpower - a chocoholic saying no to 69c chocolate!!!
jeshka

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:28 pm

hey jess

it is hard to compare photos and see how dramatically you have changed. but its a good turning point to say 'hey i dont want to get bigger and bigger'.

the pizza idea sounds great and home made pizzas always taste better than the store brought cold ones (theyre always cold by the time they get to your house)

thank you for posting your photos last night. as we always say we arent here to judge we are here to support one another and its always a big step to let people you dont know in real life see what you look like.

isnt it amazing how when you cut certain foods out you can notice how much better you feel for it?

keep up the great work :)
kate_turner2000

Postby jeshka » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:39 pm

i agree on the pizza thing - i also like the fact that i know what's going onto a pizza that i make myself (i won't end up with onion or mushrooms on it - woohoo!), and it's fun to experiment with stuff like that anyway.

and yeah, it's really interesting to see how much of a difference it makes to cut things out of my diet - i've had so much more energy this past week - i've jumped out of bed rather than dragging myself out, i've been really alert - i have been a little more stressed, i'm not sure if there's something relating to my diet that could explain that or if it's something else entirely - but overall i've felt great!

it's great that i can share my pics on here, as well as my progress - it's good to get it off my chest, and every bit of feedback helps.
jeshka

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress