It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:05 am

Free Newsletter

Jeshka's Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby shelbel » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:18 pm

My friends and i used to have a regular get together were we made pita bread pizzas, its great cos you can put whatever you like on them and not have to pick off the bits you dont eat! HHmmm pizza, think the problem of what to have for dinner just got solved!! Thanx Jeshka! LOL
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby jeshka » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:40 pm

Haha no problem, i want to make them now too, i don't wanna wait til Saturday!!
jeshka

Postby jeshka » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:40 am

yesterday i didn't do too badly - the boss shouted us icecreams, so i did extra exercise - i used our stepper/stair climber thing while watching NCIS last night, it was good, really worked up a sweat!

today we have a deal going on with the Gloria Jeans across the road, apparently we get any drink for free before 3pm. There's no limit. Which sucks, because they have nothing made on soy milk :( but i checked up on the fruit chillers that they have, and if i have a small, i'll still come in well under my calorie intake for the day! so i'm going to get me one of those a bit later on! :) haha

this morning, i put on my work skirt for the first time in about 3 months (it's been too cold for skirts!) and it is big on me!! i used to have to wear it up higher than my belly button cos it was too tight to wear on my hips. now it's sitting low on my hips - it looks funny because it looks reeaaally long now but it's great news! it's bigger on me than it ever has been - which means i'm now the smallest i've been since at least october last year!! wow! i can't believe it. the downside of the skirt is that my thighs still rub together, but that's just another goal to work towards!!
jeshka

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:07 pm

hi jess these small changes are leading to big things :) well done
kate_turner2000

Postby jeshka » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:15 pm

well, i decided not to get the fruit chiller thingy - I went over to woolies and bought a little pack of corn and baby potatoes - it was really yummy, but sooo filling, i only ate about 3/4 of it too. it rated pretty well on calorieking, it had a lot of carbs but not enough to take me over my daily intake - i've entered everything in that i have eaten today and will be eating later, and its still under for everything. the potatoes were great for something different, rabbit food gets a bit boring, haha. so now, if i had that fruit chiller, it would take me WAAAAY over my carbs, and i can live without it!
jeshka

Postby jeshka » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:51 pm

well, last night I had oporto for dinner - i had a wrap, i got it without mayo, and with extra chilli. It was soooo filling. I had a pretty big eating day yesterday, but didn't go over my calories or anything which is great. I had 1/4 chicken (without skin) for lunch with a baby spinach, pumpkin, feta and pine nut salad - it was so yum, but i struggled to finish it - whereas in the past i would scoff it and still be hungry. My stomach is finally getting used to small portions! yay!

when I got home last night, I decided to try on a few of my clothes which haven't fitted for a while (i had been putting this off for weeks in case there was no difference - or a BAD difference). I tried on a pair of cargo shorts that I haven't worn since i went to Stradbroke Island in 2005 - they haven't fitted me since then. last time i tried them on, i couldn't do up the button, and they just about cut off the circulation in my legs. Well, this time, i got them up easily, they were big on my legs, and they buttoned up - they weren't big on my hips but there was no muffin top either. It was unbelievable. I tried on a pair of white shorts that i absolutely love, i haven't worn them since about october last year cos they have been too tight. They fitted me like the cargo shorts did, except they were really big on my legs!! I tried on a couple of other things that are still a bit too tight on my thighs, but i'm wearing my skinny jeans today and they're a bit looser on me than they were the last time, so all in all, i'm making great progress!!
jeshka

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:54 pm

HI jess its great when you see a change in your clothes. i bet you felt a big overwhelming sense of relief! i know i did when i tried on clothes that i hadnt worn for years. good job!
kate_turner2000

Postby jeshka » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:12 am

It's measurement day today!! Me and Nick jumped out of bed and grabbed the tape measure and it's good news!!

Here goes:

Hip - 94cm (3cm loss since 1 week ago)
Waist - 72cm (4cm loss!!!!)
Bum - 102cm (1.5cm loss)
Tummy - 91cm (2cm loss)
Thigh - 61cm (2.5cm loss)
Thigh just Above Knee - 43cm (4cm loss!)
Ankle - 24cm (same as LW)
Calf - 37cm (2cm loss)
Bust - 85cm (thats plus 1 cm!! wierd! though ttotm is on its way)
Arm - 28.5cm (1.5cm loss)

I am absolutely stoked!! Nick lost around an inch of everything aswell and put an inch on his chest. All our hard work is paying off - it's great when other people say they can see it, but it is really wonderful to see it on paper like that :) what better motivation to keep going at it!!
jeshka

Postby jeshka » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:53 am

today i'm hoping to head down to the beach to get some exercise. probably a bit too cold for a swim, but a walk or jog can't hurt! me and nick could even kick the footy around down there which is always fun.

last night we caved in and got ice creams from the servo down the road. i had a weis bar, it was really yummy, but this morning my stomach was saying something different. i had also had a bit of cheese with my dinner last night, so it could have possibly been that, or even both, but i wasn't feeling too great when i woke up, and think it's just my body telling me that i really do need to stay away from the dairy stuff!

the good part is that the ice cream only took me .2 of a gram over my recommended fat intake, and i didn't go over my calories at all yesterday which means i'm really getting the hang of the calorie counting, working out how to still have things that i like, just in moderation! well, it must be working (see above post - my measurement results) so i'm certainly not going to stop now!
jeshka

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:13 pm

hey jess you sound really motivated, its great to see and the results speak for themselves. enjoy your time at the beach. hope its not too windy there today!!
kate_turner2000

Postby jeshka » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:13 pm

well, we had our little 'sunday blowout' yesterday! hahaha nah i actually prefer to think of it as a day off, or a treat for being so good for the rest of the week. Nick and I went to his dads place for fathers day and had a big bbq lunch. It was really nice, but it made me miss my dad lots - he lives in QLD, this was the first fathers day since i moved down here, the first in years where I haven't seen him - but i gave him a call which was good :)

Anyway, we had steak, marinated chicken, potato bake, greek salad, the lot. It was so good. I didn't get through as much as i usually would though. Then we went to Nicks mums place for dinner and had roast lamb and roast vegies, which i can never resist! Follow that up with 'apple berry custard pudding' with ice cream - eeek - and it was definitely a big eating day. But I wasn't going to let it put me off, and I was straight back into my good habits today!!

I also weighed myself at Nicks mums place. I used to use those scales every week when we went around there, the last time I weighed myself on them, I was about 70kg (that was around the time Biggest Loser finished). I jumped onto them last night, after my big lunch feed, and was 65kg. Not too bad. I know I have put muscle on my legs, and that scales aren't always incredibly reliable, so I'm not trusting that number completely. I'm going to continue going by my measurements because I get a much better idea of how I'm doing from that! But yeah, just thought it would be interesting to see how a loss of 4cm from my waist, etc, translates on the scales.

Right now, I am so keen for an ice cream or soft drink or something, but I know I have to hold out. This weekend is going to be massive, we're spending the long weekend at a mates beachhouse and it's going to be a lot of drinking, BBQ and snacking. I've decided to drink malibu with Coke Zero, because (really surprisingly!!) malibu rates quite well on calorie king!! I love the stuff, so that's a plus! I'm going to be buying heaps of salad ingredients and I'm going to continue my Milo and So Good for brekky because it gives me heaps of energy and keeps me full til lunchtime, so I won't want to snack constantly! There'll be heaps of beach cricket/footy, swimming (providing the weather is decent!) and long walks! So it won't be too bad, you've gotta have fun and let go sometimes otherwise the healthy habits will seem more like a chore than actually doing something good for your health/body. I don't want to fall into that 'diet' trap where the frustration of being completely deprived of anything tasty starts to overshadow good results - that is just a fall-off-the-wagon-style-binge waiting to happen.

Anywho, I'm off to jump on the stepper and watch some telly to take my mind off the cravings!! :D
jeshka

Postby jeshka » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:14 pm

Okay, so I've had a hectic couple of weeks. I'm in my 2nd week of training for my new job, and I'm loving the shorter hours already! I get home before 6pm, it's crazy, I'm not used to seeing so much daylight, haha! But because I've been so busy adjusting, and still trying to get back in the swing of things after the long weekend, my healthy habits have taken a back seat, and I'm noticing the difference. I feel crappier in general, and I took my measurements last Saturday (2 weeks after the last time i took them) and I've gained all 4cm back on my waist that I lost, and around 1-2cm on most other areas. I'm not disheartened by it though, and I'm not making excuses, because I know that these negative results are due to my slacking-off, and also because I know that I can turn that right back around with some effort. We did grocery shopping tonight so that I can stop buying takeaway for lunch, and I'm happy with what we got. We have fresh fruit on constant supply at my new workplace, and cold filtered water, so that's already a major plus. They also keep a big canister of biccies (including monte carlos and kingstons - my favourites!) in the kitchen so that's not so good, but with some willpower, I know I can avoid them. I've done this before, I know I can do it again :)
jeshka

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:47 am

hey jess

starting a new job brings lots of new challenges. its about working out a routine for you that makes you happy and healthy. never mind about the change in your size, im sure with summer coming along, the cold water and refreshing fruit will be more appealing than the bickies! take care
kate_turner2000

Postby jeshka » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:37 pm

*sigh* i'm having a fat day today. i'm not feeling too crash-hot about myself at the moment, i'm really disappointed in myself because i was doing sooo well a few weeks ago and then ... i dont know what happened. i'm afraid to take my measurements because of it. i went through half a packet of kettle chips last night, and another half a packet today. I had scrambled eggs this morning (cooked in the microwave, so not quite as bad as if i had used the frypan), and a wrap with turkey mince, tomato and snow pea sprouts for lunch. pretty filling, but i still finished off the chips. me and nick finished off the last of the ice cream a few days ago, and we've almost finished all the alcohol in the house aswell (which is good because that is my vice, i know i'd see a lot more difference if i just stopped drinking every weekend). So I'm going to go without booze during the week this week - i would go longer but the grand final is next weekend and there is beer to be had. After that though, i'll make sure i'm cutting it out completely for as long as i don't have 'drinking occasions' (ie. going out clubbing, housewarming parties, birthdays, etc - which is easy because i rarely go out anyway, most of my drinking is done at home). I'm going to check out some exercise DVDs, I'm really keen to find something dance-related - every thursday i watch So You Think You Can Dance and it takes me back to my high school days where I took dance as a subject. I loved it - I still love to dance (in fact yesterday I put some new songs on my ipod and danced to them for about 45mins) and i'd love to take a class but there's really not much around except for ballroom or kiddie classes. I also wanna check out sports teams in the area. I know there's netball up the road on sundays but I can't stand netball. I'd love to play indoor soccer or volleyball, so i'll have to do some research. Hope it's not too expensive either.

i'm also going to buy a sewing machine soon - there's hardly any nice clothes in the shops at the moment, everything is grey or 80's or pinafore dresses or just plain ugly. i had money to spend last weekend and spent hours trying things on only to go home empty handed. I'm also sick of finding things that i like, only to try on a 12 and have it be too small, and then try on a 14 and have it be too big. so i figure, the best way around it is to make my own stuff. my mum used to sew everything for me but since she lives in another state i can't really rely on her anymore! i've got plenty of ideas for nice stuff, and it will also be handy to be able to take in all the stuff that is too big for me once i lose some more weight!

anyway, i'm leaving the measurements until next saturday - i'm going to work really hard this week and hopefully undo all the damage i've done in the past 2 weeks - if i'm the same measurements next saturday as i was 3 weeks ago, i'll be happy. if i'm smaller, BONUS! i know i've got a lot of work to do, and seeing my measurements now will probably just depress me, so while my outlook is still semi-positive, i'm going to knuckle down and do this.

one last note - where the hell is the spring weather?! it's still freezing down here on the coast! i want to go to the beach :(
jeshka

Postby corolla_chick » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:48 pm

hi, making your own clothes will be so much fun!!! wish i knew how to sew! good luck with your healthy eating and exercise this week. you can do it!! spring... it looks so warm outside and then you get out there and its cold and windy and starts raining!! but, when summer comes i will be whinging about how hot it is!! hehe. beck :D
beck :D

corolla_chick

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress