It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:41 pm

Free Newsletter

Lizzie's Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Lizzie's Progress

Postby Lizzie » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:45 pm

Week 1

I am going to use this to track my progress and thoughts throughout my weight loss. Weighing in and writing in this journal each week. Hopefully reading back over it will give me some motivation in the long journey ahead. I am loving this web site. I know that it is going to be so important and helpful for me.

I am starting slowly. I have not joined any official weight loss plan and I am not telling everyone I am on a diet. I am just trying to change my lifestyle. Incorporate exercise everyday and to make healthier choices with food. I am open to joining a program later down the track if I need an extra push. I have had too many start stops over my life that I just want this to be permanent.

I am hoping to lose the weight and then have another baby. I already have two children (3 and almost 2) We have always planned to have a third but I need to lose weight before I get pregnant again. I fantasize about my current clothes being too big for me even when I am 9 months pregnant!

Changes I have made so far are walking each day, thinking before I eat anything and asking myself if I am hungry. I am also drinking plenty of water each day.

I have discovered that I can lose 10kg by leaning back on the scales so I think I had better go an buy new ones - although I am embarrassed to do this pathetic I know but i might send my husband out to do it. I will then repost my actual weight and start tracking the loses.

I have a few challenges for this week but all pretty normal stuff really. We are heading out to a trivia night tonight. I will try to limit myself to two drinks and take my water bottle. I am working an extra day and have two dinners on for work. Just need to focus on making the right choices there.

Weigh in on Friday and I will post again next week....
Lizzie

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wtExczz/]
[/url]
Lizzie

Re: Lizzie's Progress

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:23 pm

Lizzie wrote:
I am starting slowly. I have not joined any official weight loss plan and I am not telling everyone I am on a diet. I am just trying to change my lifestyle. Incorporate exercise everyday and to make healthier choices with food. ..

hey lizzie great to start mate. i really liked what you wrote above. i also didnt tell people i was on a 'diet' and it was great to not have people breathing down my neck with every decision i made at first but as it started coming off and got great comments from people thats when some people started to get pushy about foods etc. but the nice comments definately outweigh it all :)

best wishes and take it slow
kate_turner2000

Postby corolla_chick » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:33 pm

hi lizzie! good luck with your weight loss journey. you have made some great changes already!
beck :D
beck :D

corolla_chick

Postby lng86 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:11 pm

Best of luck with everything. If you need any advice along the way... We are all more than willing to help!

-Lauren.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby Maraver » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:25 pm

Hi Lizzie good luck this week keep posting and let us knowhow you are going
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby milkyway » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:49 pm

What a sensible approach, Lizze. I look forward to hearing about your progress :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Week 2

Postby Lizzie » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:23 am

First taste of success 2.7kg lighter!! Yeah :lol:

I started the week by facing my fear of actually going out and buying new scales only to find I was 8.6 kg heavier! I knew my old scales weren't spot on but wasn't prepared for the disappointment and shock of that much weight. First achievement of the week - I moved on and focused on the positive of starting on a true weight and tracking real results.
I had three events I was a bit worried about. I stuck to my plan at the first two (only had two drinks and made sensible choices) and the third dinner I lapsed a little but not too much. (2 extra drinks and ate two bread rolls served with the dinner)
Exercise was pretty good this week. I have started slowly just walking for about half an hour 5 out of the 7 days. I have started walking in my lunch at work as it s much easier than getting up at 5:30 to walk or going out for a walk after we have put the kids to bed.
I think this week is going to be a pretty quiet one which is good. I am going to focus on making sure I have my 2lt water each day. I find it really easy at work but not so easy when I am at home. Also I am going to try not to expect too much weight loss. I understand that 2.7kg is not achievable each week, so I am setting some mini goals.

:D First six weeks aim for 1kg per week
:D Celebrate when I lose 10% of my weight (13.4kg, 120.5kg)

I have been thinking about how I am going to celebrate and I think I might have a full body massage. I am also going to start putting away some money each week for my treats maybe $5 per kg? Not sure it will be enough for the massage but will be easier to pay for at the time I get it.
Lizzie

[/url]
Lizzie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:31 am

sounds all positive there lizzie. well done on your loss you deserve it. its good that you have started to walk for half an hour a day. thats how i built up to running.

i think the $5 idea sounds good. i got a couple of gifts throughout my weightloss journey too by reaching certain milestones.

best wishes
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:44 am

Congrats, Lizze. That's a great weight loss.

I love the idea of treats, too. But now I've plateaued a bit and my goal of a big clothes shop at the end of this month isn't going to happen. Oh well, maybe end of July? Who knows, I might pick up some great bargains at the end of winter sales :)
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Ally » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:47 am

Wow Lizzie that loss is fantastic!! I understand your frustration over the scales...the same thing happened to me!! It is great that you are making gradual changes to your lifestyle and not trying to jam pack them into one week....the healthy experts recommend that you make slow changes so that they are attainable and achieveable...you are certainly on the right track matey!! Keep up the fantastic work!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby ISparkyI » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:52 pm

Good luck Lizzie and as others have said the most important phrase I read was *Lifestyle Change* instead of a diet . .

People ask me what diet I have been on and I just tell them I watch what I eat now.

All the best and as I have found the people on this site truly are supportive . . I guess its the fact they all know where people like us are coming from.

Shaun
Nothing Ventured . . Nothing Gained . . .

ISparkyI

Postby shelbel » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:09 pm

Well done Lizzie!! You've made a great start, and you really sound so positive!

Maybe you could put the $5 a week into a jar to go towards new clothes when you reach goal?
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Week 3

Postby Lizzie » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:55 am

Another 2.1kg Lighter! :lol:

I am really excited. I was pretty good this week with food and did a little more exercise. The biggest change I have made is thinking before I am eating. I always knew I ate when I wasn't hungry but now I am making a big effort! I was supposed to focus on my water and did a terrible job but will try again next week. I can't write much because the kids are crawling all over me and the computer so will post again when I get some time.

PS I am having trouble with my ticker and can't seem to update - has anyone else had this problem??
Lizzie

[/url]
Lizzie

Postby milkyway » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:18 pm

Congrats Lizzie, that's a great weight loss :)

Not sure how to help with your ticker...
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby grugwashere » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:49 pm

Congrats on the loss your doing really well!!!!! :)
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Next

Return to Personal Progress