It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:17 am

Free Newsletter

Shelley's Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Shelley's Progress

Postby shelbel » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:17 pm

So i figure its about time i started a progress page for venting and achievements!
:D
My story so far is im currently about 82kgs. The biggest ive ever been is 93kgs and that was around March of last year, and my trigger was my mother. I saw her for the first time in a few years. She's a big lady and whilst i love her i dont want to be like that, i saw my fate and it shocked me. I lost about 15kgs and stayed around 78kgs for almost a year. Id lost my motivation, but wasnt putting any weight on so i was kinda happy. Fast forward to March of this year when my partner and i went on a 2 month holiday were there were no food rules, we lived on hotdogs, BBQ's and whatever fast food we could find wherever we were, Add to that drinking almost every night! I came back in May and at 87kgs couldnt fit into my work pants anymore!

So i want to finish what i started last year! I dont really know exactly what weight i want to be because i cant remember what it feels like to be thin, or what would look right on me. Im an hourglass figure and i dont wanna lose my ass!! :D Im aiming for around 64kgs, but i might stop before that if i find the weight that feels right!

Now i just want to get that ticker moving!!! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Lizzie » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:00 pm

shelbel you have done really well to keep the weight off and stable for a year. And now you can lose more. Good on you!
Sounds like you had a fantastic time - where did you travel to and what was your favorite place?
Lizzie

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wtExczz/]
[/url]
Lizzie

Postby shelbel » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:31 pm

Thanks for the kind words Lizzie, i sometimes forget i was bigger, usually when i think of all the things im not happy with bodywise right now!

We started out going around the bottom of WA, then across the Nullabour to SA, spent some time around the Eyre peninsula, then Adelaide, up to Coober Pedy, into NT Alice, Katherine, up to Darwin, back across to WA, Broome, Exmouth, Monkey Mia (dolphins, yay!) and back down the coast. And all of it in a 2 berth camper van! Had a ball, there were so many beautiful places. Cape Le Grand in esperance WA is amazing as are the litchfield falls in NT. I loved darwin, coober pedy, Exmouth, the most. But there were so many amazing things along the way!! :D

Its a very big country we have here!!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

shelbel

Postby sassi » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:24 am

hey shelley, sounds like you've already done pretty well - if it was me, i would have started my ticker at 93 to make myself feel good :lol: but i'm a bit of a cheat lol.

i love your attitude of not wanting to lose the hourglass figure (i'm the same) and of using 64kg as a guide but also with a 'wait and see' attitude of when you feel good.
sassi

Postby grugwashere » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:23 pm

you can do it! your holiday sounds awesome.. i want to go on a holiday in august... maybe september.. to perth where i grew up.

i love an hourglass figure.. its a shame i dont have one :( lol
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby Alrischa » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:09 pm

"venting and achievements" lol. It is a bit like that, especially when you don't quite achieve what you're after :oops: Still, you've lost quite a chunk, so you already know you can do it again. Hopefully you'll be able to find a little extra motivation here.

I can't remember what it feels like to be thin, either :cry: and I know I never appreciated it when I was. Back when I was 65kg (as a teen) all I cared about was that I hated my skin and hair. lol. I was so horrified when I got up to 68... and 75! ...and 80!!! Now I'd love to be down to 80 again! He he.

Well, have a great 'first' week, and I'll check up on you then Ü

~ Alrischa
Alrischa

Postby shelbel » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:08 pm

Ok so when i said i wanted to get my ticker moving, i so did not mean upwards!

Ive had a very bad week weightloss wise (and in general) It all started on sunday with a hangover and some pizza! Normally if i get pizza i eat what i want and the boy takes the rest for lunch. Well i ended up staying home from work on monday, eating the rest of the pizza and half a box of LCM's to match and not too mention a pile of dimsims. So i think, thats ok, i'll just pick it up tommorrow, well no. I had a bit of a scare and it sent me running for the choc. I was thinking the whole time 'dont do this, it wont help' But i just couldnt stop i was so stressed. Then of course, its back into the dimsims (guess what food i like!)

I'm starting in with the negative thoughts now as ive stuggled to stick to my points for the rest of the week. I think today was the only day i havent gone over. I keep thinking i can never do this, whats the point, may as well give up. Its driving me crazy because i know better!

To add to it all ive been feeling crappy and my monthlies are due (the sooner the better to make me behave normally again) and im having trouble with my number 2's, (yuk) Needless to say im not happy with my tummy right now!

So not exactly the start i had in mind! Its weight day on sat morning so i'll see how much damage ive done then!! But i had a sneak peak tghis morning and its at 83kg, thats almost all ive lost since joining the forum!! Grr :shock:
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

shelbel

Postby shelbel » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:14 pm

So because i need some more motivation i want to have some extra goals to work towards. I pinched this from someone else's progress page because its a great i idea. Thanks and sorry!! :)

I want to reward myself every 5kgs:

5kgs gone-a new bag

10kgs gone-treat the boy and i to a luxury hotel

15kgs gone-knee high boots, i cant wear them cos of my chunky calves!

20kgs gone and at goal-glamour photos, my friend had these done and she looked a million bucks!

Its hard to think of rewards that dont involve food or clothes!!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

shelbel

Postby sassi » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:41 am

i love your goals! i totally understand the boots thing as well. damn those chunky thighs! i think i've made my new bag goal too far away though :(

it is a rollercoaster ride though & sometimes it's far more of a struggle than at others.

are you feeling too crook to exercise? i just find that when i go over or i don't feel like exercising that i'll just get on the bike for 10 mins or go for a walk round the block, and then once i start i feel better about it all & keep going. and afterwards i get all the happy endorphins!
sassi

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:35 am

oh my god those goals are great. the hotel one sounds fab and you will get some extra exercise in ;) know what you mean about the boots, i have calves like baked hams lol.

never mind about this past week. get lots of healthy food and water into you and it will help with the toileting and the periods :)
kate_turner2000

Postby grugwashere » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:27 pm

Great Goals!

I know what you mean about the boots, my cousin gave me some of her old ones that she had worn heaps and stretched and they only just fit lol.
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby Alrischa » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:02 pm

Dim siiiiims... I think I need to have some for lunch now! Who the hell bought a 30 pack of frozen ones!!???

:roll:

I feel that I am not going to be a good influence on you, particularly since I've gained weight this week and the last... few... weeks. :oops: Plus I still love all that bad food and I find it especially helpful to eat chocolate when stressed. Damn. Oh well, we'll get there Ü

~ Alrischa
Alrischa

Postby shelbel » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:03 pm

Thanks heaps guys!! You sure have picked me up!!

im feeling a bit more positive today so hopefully i can get back on track before it all gets too out of hand. I put my goals up on the fridge for a friendly reminder! Still no sign of the girlies but the other thing has cleared itself up!

So its weigh day tomorrow so i'll come up with a game plan after that!!

Have a great day!!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

shelbel

Postby milkyway » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:20 pm

Good luck for tomorrow's weigh in, Shelley :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby shelbel » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:38 pm

Thanx heaps, im going to need it!! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

shelbel

Next

Return to Personal Progress