It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:46 am

Free Newsletter

Hey Everyone

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Hey Everyone

Postby ***michael*** » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:24 pm

Hey everyone, How are you all going? I'm Michael, I haven't been here for a long time seeing as my computer kept messing up... bummer but It's alright now.

Here is a little bit about me,
I'm 17, 18 in a few months, I wanna look good for my 18th,
I'm still in school, and my whole family has genetics of obesity and being overweight.
I'm 5 foot 7, and I weigh 85 kgs,
I started my weight loss journey a while ago, it hasn't held up...
I had lost 6.8 kgs, now I've only lost 4kgs. I've gained a bit of weight seeing as I haven't been watching what I eat and hardly exercising once a week. Which is bad. But glad coz i haven't gained more weight.
I've got a really good body to mould?(does that make sense) If i stay in the gym for a week all my body will be pretty good. I just don't have the time. I hate the stresss of exams which makes me eat alot...
There's alot of temptations at my house, my brother is a spoiled brat, he needs his donuts and coke everyday. And amazingly he hasn't put any weight on!!! He doesn't even exercise!!! Well that's just a small hill we all need to overcome!

Anyhowz, I'm going to restart my diet and exersice regime tomorrow morning... I needed to come on this site because all of you guys are incredible motivators! Well I'll re-type back here soon.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNxmRzH/]
[/url]
***michael***

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:30 pm

Michael :)

welcome back to the site. i am glad that you remembered us since you have decided to try and knuckle down to lose the weight for your birthday. what a wonderful gift to yourself i might add :) my fiance is the same as your brother, he can eat whatever he wants and he wont put on weight. damn fast metabolism.

best wishes and i am sure you can lose the weight again, keep your chin up and someone is always here for a chat
kate_turner2000

Postby ***michael*** » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:38 pm

Thanx Kate, It's nice to know people here are so supportive. I was just wondering what do you guys eat for breakfast? how many calories are included in your meals?
[/url]
***michael***

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:41 pm

i never count calories but you can check out http://www.caloreking.com.au so you know whats in your food :) i usually have weet bix or nutri grain for my breaky but lately i have been having a small milo because i have been so busy. as long as you balance everything out during the course of the day then you will be fine calorie wise.
kate_turner2000

Postby ***michael*** » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:46 pm

Ah cool.. Thanx for that, i shouldn't really count calories now maybe in a few years. When I have the time I might bbe serious, Just even everything out... You're right Kate..Thanks
[/url]
***michael***

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:48 pm

no probs michael. i found that when i was losing weight if i made great decisions most of the time then it made the world of difference when i stood on the scales. you know what is good for you and not good for you and you know that you need to increase your exercise so you are on the right track :)
kate_turner2000

Postby ***michael*** » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:55 pm

Thats really good to hear. I'm really hapy fo you to have lost the weight. You seem like you really deserve it... And I believe everyone else here deserves it... It's incredible. I go to alot of forums and you guys are the nicest people I've met. I've been depressed alot lately. You guys put a missed smile on my face!..
[/url]
***michael***

Postby milkyway » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:02 pm

Hi Michael - your brother sounds like my husband. He has a secret stash of snacks like chips and savoury biscuits etc. that he keeps moving around the house once he knows I've discovered his stash. Lol. And he never exercises or puts on weight either, so I know how devestating and unfair that feels :evil: But good on you for rising up to the challenge ... you can do this! :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:14 pm

***michael*** wrote:Thats really good to hear. I'm really hapy fo you to have lost the weight. You seem like you really deserve it... And I believe everyone else here deserves it... It's incredible. I go to alot of forums and you guys are the nicest people I've met. I've been depressed alot lately. You guys put a missed smile on my face!..

glad to hear that we can cheer you up a bit and i know that when i first found this site i didnt feel alone anymore when it came to being fat and wanting to do something about it because everyone is here with the same goal in mind. :)
kate_turner2000

Postby grugwashere » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:27 pm

agree with Michael that every one here deserves to lose wieght and be happy including him!
I think the best way to lose weight is to not stress about it. Eat healthy and excercise but dont freak out if you eat something unhealthy or if the scales dont go down for a week or two... for me personally the second i start to worry about it i put on weight and then in the end give up.

Good Luck Michael you sound like you have a good goal in mind... no doubt u will look fab in tme for your birthday :D
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby ***michael*** » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:18 pm

Thanks everyone for your kind words, they really mean alot.
Well I've officially started my health kick today. I ate a healthy breakfast, lunch, and I'm just about to go to the gym. I bought a pedometer and Striving to walk 10,000 steps everyday:D!!! idon't know.. I haven't done anything this healthy before lol. Well i'm off to the gym now... Bye
[/url]
***michael***

Postby milkyway » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:13 pm

Enjoy your gym session :) Let us know how you go and what type of program you have.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby KimE » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:15 pm

Good on you Michael, looks like you are on the right track and on your way. Keep up the effort as it really is worth it.

All the best. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby ***michael*** » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:07 pm

I jsut had an awesome Gym Session today:D!!! I did half an hour of interval trainging at 18kmph. 20 minutes of weight training and another 40 minutes of different cardio work... and to top it all off.. I'm one kilo lighter than i thougth I was... All the more better for me:D
[/url]
***michael***

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:13 am

good on you michael :) stay positive
kate_turner2000

Next

Return to Personal Progress