It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:37 pm

Free Newsletter

Nay's Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Nay's Progress

Postby Nay » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:13 pm

I was just thinking to myself the other day that I should write a diary on my experiences with weight loss and the battle with food. And then I found this site!

Its so nice reading everyone's progress and I can definately relate to some of the things written on these posts!!

So here goes... I will be on often to share my stories and experiences and update on my weight loss.

Unlike a lot of people on here who have a lot of weight to lose, I'm not considered overweight. But that doesn't mean I don't have struggles with my weight and food.

Firstly, I would just like to give you a few stats: I am 25 years old and I have a 7 year old daughter. I work full time at the moment and am buying a house with my partner of 4 years who can eat whatever he wants and not put on weight!!! At the moment I weigh about 57.5 kilos and my goal is to get to 50 kilos.

I was always skinny as a kid, my sister used to call me "Twig". Every weekend, I would go out at the crack of dawn with my friend across the road and we would ride our bikes until the sun went down. I guess I didn't see it as exercise back then.

Then I hit puberty :shock: . My boobs grew huge and so did my hips. I started to fill out a bit. It didn't bother me at first, but then one day out of nowhere, my thoughts started turning to the way I looked. There may have been a few comments by people here and there, but it didn't bother me until that day.

I guess when I was little, I could eat whatever and not have to worry about putting weight on. But as I grew, my body changed but my eating habits stayed the same.

I remember my mum saying to my nanna one night that I had big legs. It was horrible lying in bed listening to that conversation. Then I would compare myself to my friends and I just felt different and uncomfortable. I stopped wearing dresses from then on.

My weight has stayed around the 55 kilo mark since I was a teenager. I'm surprised I haven't put on more weight than I have cause my eating habits were shocking!

When I was 15, I worked at a Supermarket and on a Saturday, I would get a chico roll, chips, a milk drink and chocolate and eat it in my room by myself. Or I would buy a large pizza and eat the whole thing alone. Food made me happy and if I was having a crap day, food would make it better. It didn't help that my dad used to buy junk food for me and my sister. I guess it was his way of showing he loved me as we aren't a real close family. The problem is though that he still offers me junk food when I go to his house but he is also giving it to my daughter even though I say not to!!!

I got my first real boyfriend when I was 17 and surprise surprise, three months later I was pregnant! I thought I was going to be with him forever. It didn't turn out that way though. Luckily, I only got up to about 62 kilos when I was pregnant, but I used it as an excuse to eat whatever I wanted cause its what the baby wanted!! LOL. My cravings consisted of fried onions and potatoes and of course, chocolate!!

The weight went away after I gave birth, and it wasn't long before I was back to 55 kilos.

But lately, I have decided enough is enough. I have joined the gym four times and quit four times. I know that if I stick to it, the weight will drop really easily. Its just hard getting out of old habits. Its only now that I have decided to make a change for the better and for the long term.

I changed jobs and put on weight because in my last job, I had to walk fifteen minutes from the train station to my work and back again in the afternoon which kept my weight stable I guess. But since moving jobs, I now drive to work and there is parking on site so I no longer have to walk. I got on the scales last week and I was 59 kilos!! I thought that if I keep going the way I am going, my weight is going to increase and it will be harder to lose.

Lateley I have been polishing off large blocks of chocolate - a couple in a week!!! I can sit in front of the TV and before I know it, the chocolate is gone. I used to get home late in my last job and I was so hungry, I craved the unhealthy stuff!! I didn't want to spend the time to cook a proper meal. I would just go through the Hungry Jacks drive through or something.

So anyway, thats a bit about me. Hopefully writing down things on this forum will help me a) see where I am going wrong b) share my experience with people going through the same thing, c) hopefully inspire others and d) be accountable for my actions :roll:

I started my 'New healthy eating and exercising plan' Monday and so far so good! I've managed to exercise every day, make healthy food choices and not emotionally eat.

And I just want to say that just because I don't have a lot of weight to lose, it doesn't make it any easier!!!

My main goal and inspiration is that my sister is getting married on hamilton island in October. I want to look good as her only bridesmaid and also be able to wear a bikini without being self conscious.

I also want to fit into all the nice clothes in my wardrobe which I bought at christmas time that no longer fit!!!

Thats it for now, thanks for listening/reading :wink:

I will have to add a before photo when I figure out how. lol
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1gyr2A/]
[/url]
Nay

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:40 pm

Hiya Nay :)

Welcome to the forums, it's great to have you here! You sound like you're full of enthusiasm and determination to lose those kilos, so I'm sure you're going to have no problems! Everyone here is really lovely and supportive, so I found it really helped me along my way.

I'm sure you're going to be fitting into that bikini for Hamilton Island in no time :D Good luck :D

Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby milkyway » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:59 pm

Hi Nay - it doesn't matter if you have 5kg or 50kg to lose - we're all here to support you equally :) Good luck with your weightloss progress.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Ally » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:08 am

My thoughts exactly Sandra!! Welcome aboard Nay!!! I wish you every success in shedding those kilos!! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:31 am

thanks for sharing that with us nay, theres a lot of people here who can relate to you and your experiences :)
i.e. eating a couple of blocks of choccie a week :cry: *cough cough points to self*

looking forward to ready your progress :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Nay » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:57 pm

Thanks for the support guys. I thought people would think I was crazy for wanting to lose weight.

So here's what happened today...

I woke up sooooo sore from doing two classes at the gym yesterday. I decided to skip this morning's step class and exercise this evening instead.

I hopped on the scales as I decided Sundays would be my weighing day. I was 56.5 kilos so I'm thinking all the weight I have lost this week must have been fluid. I'm back around my usual weight so I'm feeling a bit bored at the moment cause I'm tired of the scales being there. I will be so excited once I reach 55 kilos and I shall buy myself a foot spa for my efforts!

Had a nice healthy breakfast and lunch then this arvo went to visit the folks...

As per usual, dad was trying to offer me junk food - chocolate, cake, cauliflower gratain (sp?) I mangaged to say no then my daughter walks in the room with a piece of cake! He gave it to her instead!! I get so annoyed that he does this, even when I say not to! I have to get my mum to yell at him and tell him to stop it but this only works for about five minutes :roll:

The cake looked soooo good though, and watching my daughter eat it was making me hungry so I gave in and had a small piece :oops: and decided this would be my dinner cause it was nearly 5pm AND it was kinda a healthy cake.

It was some low fat cake that he made himself as he was told by the doctor that his cholesterol was too high. It was made with All Bran, wholemeal flour and dried apricots so I didn't feel too naughty eating it.

The thing that peed me off is that in the space of an hour and a half while we were there, he gave my daughter a slice of cake, two cheese slices on crackers, a drink of iced coffee, and a kit kat!!! :x
And of course now she didn't eat all of her tea.

We ended up bringing out the Play Station 2 and using the eye toy to play a boxing game. It was really cool and burned a bit of energy too so that worked out well. :lol:

Oh yeah, we bought an oven today which is exciting. We bought our house last november and the oven didn't work. We have been using the fry pan and the cook top to make our meals and I was just getting so tired of it! So now i'm motivated to make a lot more yummy healthy food. I miss casseroles and a lot of the healthy recipes that I like involve baking so i'm so excited!!!!

So I'm still feeling alright with what I have eaten today. Usually if I eat one little piece of junk food on a diet, I feel like I have failed and will just eat junk for the rest of the night. But not tonight!

Now I shall go hop on the cross trainer for an hour and watch Big Brother!
[/url]
Nay

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:13 pm

good on you nay, even though you gave in to temptation you have worked it off anyway with your boxing game and the x trainer :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Nay » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:55 pm

Well, what a day today!!! Its Monday and back to work I went. I hate Mondays.

I didn't sleep well at all last night. I ate that cake at about 5pm and decided I wouldn't have any dinner for doing so. I managed not to have anything else before bed but a cup of tea with sugarine. Plus I exercised for an hour. I went to bed but couldn't get to sleep cause I had all these things racing through my mind. I woke up every hour and I was hot and sweaty and sooooooo hungry! I lay there calculating what I had eaten that day and only worked it out to be about 700 calories at the most. That was pretty silly to do. If I just sat there and worked it out, I could have eaten tea.

Today my routine at work was turned upside down and I found myself very frustrated and just wanting to eat some chocolate!!! I find that when I'm not in routine, I don't feel comfortable and it leads to anxiety which makes me want to eat.

Today I ate my usual vita brits, skim milk and dried apricots and a nescafe skim mocha for breakfast.

I had a low fat nestle yoghurt at about 10:30. That was really yummy. And I had a coffee with sugarine cause I was stressed.

For lunch I had left over chicken curry and rice. AND I said no to my work mate offering me half of her doughnut! She even asked me twice and I was adamant!!!!

I was so busy in the arvo I didn't have time to eat anything so by the time I got home I was starving!

I left a note for my partner to make me Sang Choy Bow (Sp?) but he slept late and didn't have the time so I was grumpy. He did leave me 2 Freddos out though and I ate them both in two seconds flat before I even had my dinner!!!

For Dinner I just had a small wholemeal pita bread with tomato pesto, chicken lunchmeat and a small bit of lite grated cheese.

And that stupid cake is following me around!!! Dad sent some home with us (he puts things in my bag when I'm not looking!) I ate a slice of that again cause I was feeling a bit anxious/grumpy.

But - I did exercise for 45 mins this morning and 30 mins this evening on the cross trainer and my guesstimate is that I have still stayed within or not far over my 1200 calories per day so I am happy.

I need to get my emotional eating under control though. I just don't know how!!!!

Oh Yeah...I was looking in the mirror this evening and noticed that my face looked a bit thinner than usual. Usually I don't stick to dieting for as long as I have to notice any changes so its a bit of a motivator to keep going. I think I have cheek bones!!! lol.

An OK day overall. I'm definately not ready to throw the towel in just yet!
[/url]
Nay

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:48 pm

hey nay you are right, that damn cake is following you around lol. hope there no more hiding anywhere! well done for saying no to the donut.
kate_turner2000

Postby Nay » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:20 am

I haven't been online in a couple of days but I have still been eating healthy!

My weightloss has slowed down now and i'm getting a bit discouraged. I know that it doesn't happen overnight, but I'm one of those people that when they want something, they want it now!!!

Perhaps I shouldn't get on the scales everyday. I also need to invest in a digtal scale as my scales are a cheap crappy kind. Its probably not even accurate.

I will keep going though...I'm hopefully gonna go to the gym tonight and do two classes. But I'll see how I feel after a long day at work. If not, I will do half hour on the cross trainer.

Bye for now!
[/url]
Nay

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:26 am

hey nay i am the same i am so impatient for things to happen lol. if they invented spray tanning so you dont have to try and get a tan by spending hours in the sun then they should invent a fat machine where you can walk in spend two minutes in there and come out pain free and looking fab-u-lous!

keep at it you will be fine:)
kate_turner2000

oops.

Postby Nay » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:49 pm

I haven't been online in a couple of days...Me posting on here is supposed to keep me honest and see where I stuff up and I must admit, I have fallen off the wagon :oops: and i'm so disappointed in myself. I've been a bit moody the last few days and I'm wondering if it has something to do with the implanon in my arm. It's been playing up lately. And what happens when I get moody? I turn to food!!

Anyway...

Friday at work it was cold and raining and depressing and all I had to eat was a tin of soup. Yuk!!! So, myself and a workmate went to get macdonalds. I was counting the calories and my meal consisted of the amount of calories I'm supposed to eat in a whole day!!!

Then to make it worse, I had chinese for dinner. I also bought a 1.25 litre coke cause I haven't had fizzy drink in AGES. I thought, I've already stuffed up my diet, so coke won't make a difference. Also, I wasn't even hungry to start with which is really bad cause I ate anyway.

I drank a glass of coke and got the hiccups as per usual. lol. Does anyone else get hiccups everytime they drink fizzy? I think i might be allergic. lol.

After drinking the coke and feeling like crap, I told my boyfriend to tip the rest of the bottle down the sink. He did, but poured himself a glass first. Then I had my choccie for the day, which in turn, made me thirsty so I craved more coke - a vicious cycle. I went to see my boyfriend who still had his glass of coke and he said he didn't want anymore so I said I will drink it for him and he said no. I was a bit upset that he wouldn't share it but I know it was for my own good.

He went and tipped it down the sink and I turned into a crazy lady!!! I am so ashamed :oops: :oops: I screamed and jumped up and down like a 5 year old!!! I couldn't help myself!! Then I went off in tears...I was having a bad day.

I had all these emotions at once - angry because I ruined my diet, upset cause he tipped the coke, angry that I couldn't eat as much chocolate as I wanted, annoyed that all I did on my days off was clean the house, pay the bills and do the shopping yet on his days off, he did nothing but play games on the computer. Grrr!! The stress was getting to me. I was looking for things to whinge about. So I went to my bedroom, closed the door and sat on the floor crying.

The next day, he was at work and I thought, stuff it, I'm going food shopping today and I'm gonna buy a block of chocolate. And so I did! I was grumpy all day and I don't even know why.

The good thing is that I went to the gym in the morning, but I couldn't get in the right frame of mind to get back on track.

So its now sunday and I've had a terrible weekend. But tomorrow is a new week so I plan to get back on track. Mondays are the easiest cause all my dieting starts with...'I will start Monday'

Hopefully I will have a better week. I am a bit scared to weigh myself because I know I have put on weight. When I weighed myself this morning it was only an extra half a kilo but I will check again tomorrow to be sure.

Have a good week everyone...
[/url]
Nay

Postby carla » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:44 am

Hey Nay

I just read all your posts. I think you and I have might have very similar attitudes about weight-loss which consist of something along the lines of an 'all or nothing' kind of deal.

For me, I have found this leads to a fairly constant problem of giving up because I am so hard on myself and so unforgiving of myself if I 'screw up' (yes, even a little) and also pretty impatient with the long-term nature of healthy weight-loss that supposedly results in new eating and exercise habits which equate to maintaining your goal weight once you have reached it.

So I found it really quite interesting to read your posts.

I found I was going really, really well with the CSIRO diet and exercise regime...losing weight steadily, looking good, feeling great and then, because I missed a few days of it, I lost the impetus and went straight back to all the old habits and telling myself there's no point even trying.

I know that's not where you're at. I suppose all I am saying is, be kind to yourself if you do feel you've made 'mistakes' cos it seems to be all part of the process. Also, if you have something 'naughty' like cake, don't be fooled into thinking it's a good idea to make that your meal quota because in a way, that's like self-punishment and neglect rather than taking the time and effort for yourself to look after yourself and feed your body properly as well as (and this is really important!!) re-training your attitudes about healthy, nutritious eating.

Cheers. I enjoy your posts; you put a lot of thought into what you're doing.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wP3O213/]
[/url]
carla

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:56 am

hey nay

im sorry to hear you have had a rough weekend. it wouldnt surprise me about the implanon. my family called me the b.i.t.c.h from hell when i had it. and to answer your question, no i dont get the hiccups after fizzy drink but i notice that anything other than coke zero makes me feel yuck. your mood might also have to do with what you ate that day. i know myself that i find i am depressed after eating 'junk' like food as opposed to healthy foods. must be a chemical thing in my brain :P

today is another day mate, we have all done what you have done at one point or another, but we can all lose the weight. stay strong and good on you for confessing :)
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:23 am

Yup - the girls have said it already. Don't be so hard on yourself. This is a new day, a new week.

Sounds like those evil sugar demons came and possessed your body for a while! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Next

Return to Personal Progress