It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:35 pm

Free Newsletter

Nic's Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Nic's Progress

Postby Nic » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:55 am

Hi,

What a great idea to get encouragement, support and be accountable for your own weight than to post your progress!!

So i'll try this too!

Short history of my diet life:
* First remember thinking i was fat in dance class when i was 8.
* My mum has been on a diet for a long as i can remember and has never been happy with herslef (despite losing 17kgs at now extinct medi-trim), i guess this rubbed off on me, as did her sunday night binge sessions.
* I've been on a diet since year 8.
* Thinnest i've ever been was 71 kgs when i was recovering from a year of glandular fever - and i wasn't happy! (oh, to be that weight again)
* Tried weight wtachers, slimming drinks, slimming tablets (that gave me the sweats and incredible tummy aches)
* I lost a bit of weight before leaving for London. Came back 8 months later and almost 15 kgs heavier. My mum pushing me to lose weight made me angry - i tried to blame my weight and body image on her. I realise now as i'm 25 yo, i need to take charge of myself.

So I have just moved back home with my parents after 2 years with housemates. Thought it was a good time to get on top of my debts, my weight, my health. I am seeing a dietician once a fortnight and a personal trainer once a week. I am enjoying going to the gym, but amd struggling with the 'meal plan'. i just seem to treat myself every day. i guess it's hard to break 12 years of diet habits overnight.

And so i'd like to track my journey also because i think sometimes it's easy to forget the treats you sneak in or the exercise you do't do and then wonder why the kilos aren't falling off.

So my goals for this week are:
* drink 1.25 litres of water at work (...the empty bottle staring at me on my desk)
* 4 cardio and 2 weight sessions at the gym
* follow meal plan with no extras each day - only one extra meal allowed on the weekend
* watch my portion size

here we go.....
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZlDvOZ/]
[/url]
Nic

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:59 am

sounds good nic and its nice to get some background on you :) i wish you all the best and we are always here for a laugh or a hug!
kate_turner2000

Postby Alrischa » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:45 pm

Yeah, this is the best place to get a bad week off your chest, if you know what I mean. Everyone here is great! I bet that pretty much everyone who reads your story will completely sympathize, too. We all seem to have similar diet struggles. It's good to read through some of the successful Personal Progresses for motivation, I reckon. Kate's is good. he he. :)

Good on you for getting a personal trainer! That's something I've never done, because it would mean that someone would know if I gave up. lol. Not that my weight gain wasn't obvious enough, but I didn't want to be so accountable. So you're brave and smart Ü

I'll be checking back with you soon. Hope your first week goes well!

~ Alrischa
Alrischa

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:46 pm

Alrischa wrote: Kate's is good. he he. :)
LOL thanks its getting there :P you are right its good to get a perspective on where everyone else is at and with your own personal progress you can basically jot down a lot of things that you have on your mind :)
kate_turner2000

Postby vanessa0305 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:36 pm

Hi Nic, just wanted to lend my support....Its taken me 10 months so far but I am almost there!! You can do it!! stick to your small goals and then you will achieve bigger ones.
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby Mandie » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:41 pm

Good luck :) Thank you for sharing your story with us. Sounds like you have a sensible plan in place.. you can do it!
Mandie

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:49 pm

Welcome aboard this wonder forum. Writing goals and achievements is a great way to keep accountable.

It sounds like you are doing things the right way this time instead of falling down the trap of "fad dieting".

Having access to a personal trainer and dietician will definitely keep you on track and seeing you reach your goal weight. Best of luck in achieving your goals. You can do it!

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby Nic » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:02 am

Thank you for all your kind words! I think it'll be easy with support like this!! :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZlDvOZ/]
[/url]
Nic

Return to Personal Progress