It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:57 am

Free Newsletter

Adele's Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Adele's Progress

Postby A*Del » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:10 pm

So the first week was not entirely productive. The only good thing is that I didn't gain anything.
In hindsight, it was stupid to start my weight loss journey on this particular week, as I was sure to have issues with emotional eating, and sure enough, I did. To cut a long story short, my mum had breast cancer a few years ago (she's alright now!) and was having her ovaries removed this week as a preventative measure. Nothing serious but it did bring up a few issues. So will power and motivation was a bit low.
But now is the start of a new week, and I've made a few changes. Firstly, I have decided not to give up chocolate cold turkey. For me it doesn't work. I brought a multi pack of freddos and smarties and will allow myself one of each a day. I find that if I haven't eaten it all day, once I get home I binge.
The annoying yet hillarious thing is, my brother is fundraising for his karate or something, and is using blocks of chocolate, so temptation is everywhere. Hopefully having my smaller smarties and freddos will make it easier.
Secondly, REWARDS!!!! :lol: I'm going to reward myself at every 5kg loss. After the first 5 I will buy myself Ghost Whisperer on DVD. On the second 5 I'll get a hair cut that will then suit my less chubby face. And on the third (goal) 5kgs, NEW CLOTHES!!!!! Short shorts, bikinis, all the stuff we all desperately want to wear.
Wish me luck on my 2nd week!
There's nothing sexy about skin and bones - you gotta have some junk in the trunk!

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:13 pm

hi adele hope your mums surgery went ok. i am glad she is ok though :)i can understand that it has been a hard week for you but you gotta start sometime right? you have made some great decisions with the mini chocolates and the goals as well :) i am looking forward to hearing more of your progress :)

Postby shelbel » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:13 pm

Best of luck Adele, i had a bad week when i started my progress page too!! Dont loss heart, you'll pick it next week. Great idea about the little chocs, there are somethings you just shouldnt have to miss out on!
Have a great week!!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:24 pm

Sounds like you had a bad week hun :( but it seems like you are going in the right direction :)
Good luck with it babe! :D

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:25 pm

The 5 kg rewards sound like a great Idea too, very motivating :D

Return to Personal Progress