It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:04 am

Free Newsletter

Reester's progress log

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Reester's progress log

Postby reester33 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:26 pm

Hmmm....as I wrote the subject I was thinking about Star Trek! :o I hate Star Trek! LOL But I digress....

Well 2kgs down since I started and walking a total of 54kms last week around Sydney was a bonus. However I've had to lighten off on exercise for the last two days as I have my fitness test on Wednesday this week and I need no muscle aches (especially in my back and shoulders) so I can perform to the best of my ability. I'm comforted that I only have to get 13 out of 25 to pass (last time I got a whopping 21 but probably won't get near to that this time as I've done zero training).

So what does this consist of? Pinch test (probably score 1/2 out of 5 on that!); bike test (measures recovery and oxygen consumption then gives you a score based on weight); flexibility (probably 5 out of 5 for that); push ups (2 out of 5); and sit ups (I can do all 5 levels if I don't get someone too picky about technique...please God!). The funniest thing is they think this test is an adequate reflection on Paramedic work!! :o Maybe they should make you crawl into a smashed up car then try and extricate a 70kg patient....I heard fire-fighters had to carry a 70kg dummy up 7 flights of stairs for their test. :roll: Wish me the best of luck anyway peoples!

btw...will be starting on lite n easy Thursday...1200 cal plan, and back in Gippsland so I can go to Curves! Nothing like another kick-start to get the flab moving!! :wink:

:) Maree

I WAS EATING MYSELF TO DEATH WITH A KNIFE AND FORK!
reester33

Postby milkyway » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:29 pm

Good luck with your fitness test on Wednesday, though I don't think you'll need it - you'll romp it in :)

Congrats on shifting those 2kg. Awesome stuff!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:57 pm

hey maree sounds good! let us know how the fitness test goes mate :)
kate_turner2000

Postby shelbel » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:45 pm

Id dread a fitness test if i had to have one! Go Maree, im sure you'll go just fine!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby reester33 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:56 pm

A big thanks to you gals for all the support. Milky it was a great motivator for me when you said "You'll romp it in!" :lol:

And YAY!!! I did pass my fitness test!! :D :D I had the same guy as last time and he remembered me. I got the same score too (it wasn't 21 only 16). I achieved 5/5 for my sit ups and flexibility....and by the time I came to the bike test I didn't need to score well because I'd already got my pass mark of 13!!! :shock:

However I got some great insight into the bike test. My volume of oxygen (VO2 max) was 3.7L....now if I had that at a normal weight I would be classified in the "elite athlete" section. The guy said I'd be the equivalent to marathon runners!! How COOL is that!! :lol: As it was I scored 3/5 (average).....but oh what a motivator to lose that weight! :lol: He was also impressed with my abdominal strength and said that I would have great muscle definition once that fat layer was stripped off.....gee, what more incentive do I need? :D

WOW....I'm really, really motivated now. I'm with you Kate....let's get rid of our fat cloaks!! :lol:

:) M

reester33

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:16 pm

wow well done on the fitness test! i would be grinning from ear to ear if that was me :) nice work :)
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:30 pm

Congrats! You romped it in afterall - I knew you would. That's fantastic about having the VO2 capacity of a marathon runner. I have a very low VO2 capacity despite all the running i do. I'm not meant to be a long distance runner, but I'll keep chugging away at it anyway :)

Nice work indeed :D
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby reester33 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:38 pm

You wanna know my secret to impressive VO2 max??? I'm a singer! :lol: It's all that diaphragmatic breathing. But hey, I did some training on the bike too! :lol:

reester33

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:11 pm

eh? so my singing in the shower is gunna pay off?!
kate_turner2000

Postby reester33 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:28 pm

Actually Kate I should have said the "breathing" would! :lol:

I have a problem.....I drove back to work in Gippsland this week (3 hours from home) and forgot that my scales here have a TOTALLY different reading to my ones at home! Now I don't know whether I've lost weight or not! :(

I think I'm going to have to start from scratch with these scales here.....I hate them 'cos I weigh more on these! :( :(

So don't be suprised if my ticker doesn't move for a little while....maybe I should wait for "official" weigh in when I go back home in 3 weeks?

Oh well....off to Curves now. And btw....I am really enjoying the Lite n Easy!!! :lol:

reester33

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:45 pm

it wont hurt to wait 3 weeks :) glad you are liking the lite n easy!! their meals look so yummy
kate_turner2000

Postby reester33 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:03 pm

Well my first week on lite n easy and metformin tablets brought fantastic results!! 2.9kg down!! YAY!! :D I didn't really have any nasty side effects with the tablets, but I must remember not to take them within two hours of going to the gym....I swear I was having a hypo!! But at least I was good and didn't give in to my sugar craving straight afterwards. I had a yoghurt when I got home, and feeling much better now.

I need to exercise a little will power though because even though I have extra calories to "play" with it doesn't mean I need to use them all. Unfortunately I've discovered some wicked dark chocolate (Nestle cappuccino). Gotta realise what I want more....to be thin!!!

Oh and btw....I went out and bought a charm bracelet and two charms for my previous 20kg loss, plus my initial. I'm going to get a new one every 5kg. :wink:

reester33

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:05 pm

cool !!! i bet the charms will all look fan- dang- ally :) well done on the loss :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:27 pm

A great loss Maree you must be stoked! I enjoyed the lite n easy meals too some of those dinners are just delish.

You're moving along fantastically and the charm bracelet sounds lovely. Keep it up.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby reester33 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:42 pm

Not happy!! I HATE TTOTM!! At least I should be grateful that instead of putting 4kgs on overnight this time I only put on 1.8kg! DRAT!! Now my loss is only 1.1kg. :( :( Hopefully I'll be back down to my 2.9 loss by my "official" weigh in day on Thursday. :?

Even worse is that I've got the biggest I don't know what on my chin.....I thought it was a cold sore, but it's lumpy and red...so I think it's a blind head. :( It is a little sore, and I can't even conceal it! Thankfully I only have nightshift tonight and then days off so I can hide this awful bump from the public! LOL :lol:

Roll on PCOS conference so I can find out how to stop these pain in the u-kno-wot events happening! :wink:

reester33

Next

Return to Personal Progress