It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:25 am

Free Newsletter

Reester's progress log

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:45 pm

hey maree im looking forward to hearing how the conference goes. it should be interesting unless they tell you the same thing over and over again "lose weight, take metformin, lose weight" blah blah. my face is always breaking out so i can sympathise with you there. hopefully you lose the retained fluid by your offical weigh in!
kate_turner2000

Postby reester33 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:59 pm

Retained fluid? YEP!! Try 3 days worth of it! LOL LOL :lol:

I WAS EATING MYSELF TO DEATH WITH A KNIFE AND FORK!
reester33

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:11 pm

lol i had 3 months of retained fluid
kate_turner2000

Postby reester33 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:08 am

Well here we are....3 week of Lite n Easy and I'm REALLY enjoying it!! I'm wondering why I didn't do it sooner! :roll: I know why.....couldn't afford it!! :lol: The only problem is I have a very small freezer at the flat so if I don't eat all my frozen dinners I'm in trouble. :lol:

I'm back home in Melbourne for a few days so I finally get to see my original weightloss tally. Wait for it........drum roll please......

OMG!!! :shock: I've lost 3.5kgs!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!! I've decided to take the scales back to Bairnsdale with me so I can do a "comparison" weigh-in....then I shouldn't have a problem anymore. Must also remember to take my measurements...but I usually do that at the same time as my Curves one.

Off to the PCOS conference tomorrow....but first I've gotta change my tracker!!

:) M

reester33

Postby reester33 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:14 pm

Gee, I didn't realise how long I'd left this! :lol: Been busy, busy, busy!

Well, I finally got a comparison weigh-in...+4.4kg difference, but I've lost a total of 4kg from my initial weigh-in. :D TTOTM again and I'm starting to see a pattern, however I'm not so bad this time. One thing I have noticed is that I haven't burst out in really bad acne this time! YAY!! Just a few discreet ones here and there that aren't noticeable. I'm waiting for my doc to come back from hols so I know what my fasting insulin is now....I reckon it's gone down. :wink:

I've been pretty slack with exercise....so I'll have to kick myself in the you-know-what and get moving again. I find it hard to get out of the house when I have assignments due. :cry: I found out last week that Curves is open in Belgrave now, so I can go there when I come home on my days off and holidays!! Sooooooooo happy about that!! :lol: Off to Egypt though on the 7th Sept....so plenty of walking in the sand will be great for a leg workout!! :lol: :lol:

Oh and Kate....you were right about the PCOS conference. Diet, exercise and metformin!! LOL :lol: However I did get some great info into what this insulin resistence does, and there is some great research being done on PCOS at the moment.

reester33

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:39 pm

hey maree wow egypt! how long are you going for? that will be really exciting. reminds me of the movie the jewel of the nile LOL im a sucker for romance hehe. thanks for letting me know about the pcos conference. its good to hear that research is being done on it and hopefully we should hear great things about it in the future. :)
kate_turner2000

Postby reester33 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:43 pm

Yeah I can't wait!! I'm going for 2 weeks. Sailing down the Nile on a felucca, hot air balloon over Luxor, visiting the pyramids, the Sphinx, etc, etc!! Plus a 4 night stay at a "resort" in Dahab (east of Cairo). It's my first overseas trip EVER....nervous, and excited at the same time! :lol:

Oh, yeah.....I didn't get the job! :cry: Oh, well....at least I know I'm still fit though. :wink:

reester33

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:56 pm

hey maree are you going on your own or do you have a travel buddy? i hope the weather is nice for you. i was in africa October-November in 1999 - it was dry!!
kate_turner2000

Postby sassi » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:53 pm

congrats on the weight loss maree.

and your holiday sounds super!

what job were you going for? :(
sassi

Postby reester33 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:11 am

I'm joining a tour group in Cairo, and I'll be matched up with another girl.

Hey Sassi...I was going for a job as a paramedic in Melbourne but didn't get it. I'm happy working as one in the "bush" though! :lol: It's just that I have my house sitting all on it's lonesome. Now I suppose it's time to make a new home. But I can always try again next year for a job....if I still want to go back to Melbourne by then. :wink:

reester33

Postby KimE » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:06 am

Keep up the effort Maree it sounds like you are making progress. Not quite understanding the comparison weigh-in but that could be because I haven’t read the other posts too well. :oops:

Egypt, what a fantastic trip that will be. That is one place I really would like to go to and I hope you have a wonderful time. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby milkyway » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:46 am

Have a wonderful trip Maree. I'd love to go to Egypt one day. I'm sure you'll have a ball on your tour :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby reester33 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:34 pm

Well what's news with me? :lol: I haven't done much weightloss in the last few weeks...tending to go up and down alot, but I haven't exercised. Naughty I know...but I've been looking for a house! :D And doing work, work, work!!

Off to Egypt this Friday....so what with the hot weather there and perhaps being unable to find something palatable may make me lose weight. Gotta watch it though as the doc just upped my metformin dose....don't want to have a hypo or pass out!! :shock:

btw....I ran into a cousin of my mum's today who said to me: "My God, you have lost so much weight! How'd you do it?" :D The thing is she only saw me in March! LOL Another pleasant thing was the lady I rent my granny flat off....she said "Gee, your jeans are getting baggy in the bum!" LOL It's nice to know that even if the scales don't go down, my clothes and looks are definitely showing a difference!! :lol:

I'll post some more recent pics in front of the pyramids! LOL

C U in 2 weeks!!

reester33

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:41 pm

oh have a great time away maree! how exciting! never mind some of us go up and down every so often im sure you will lose the weight all in good time, it seems like other ppl are noticing so you must be doing something right ;) have fun and stay safe!
kate_turner2000

Re: Reester's progress log

Postby reester33 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:13 pm

Hi all,

I know I haven't been around for a while and I must confess I've totally fallen off the wagon. I've moved house, finished Uni and a Cert IV, worked until I was ready to drop, and I've just passed my paramedic qualification last month. I've also fallen for the most wonderful guy but things are complicated and my insecurities keep raising their ugly head so I continue my emotional eating pattern and hate myself afterwards. I've put on about a stone in weight since I got back from Egypt! :( Not happy!

I know I'm making excuses, but there comes a time when you have to put your foot down....where enough is enough.......and your work pants get too tight! LOL LOL So what is the best way to go? Kate Morgan? Meditrim? Celebrity Slim? Tony Ferguson? I need help!

:) Maree

reester33

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress