It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:20 am

Free Newsletter

Reester's progress log

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Reester's progress log

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:43 pm

Hi Maree! I joined after you last checked in so we haven't met yet. Maybe the key is to look at what plans deal specifically with emotional eating if that's what caused you to regain the weight. I know that Weight Watchers meetings are great at addressing issues like that. Dr Phil has a book that looks more at the reasons you overeat rather than just telling you what to eat (didn't help me, but I'm sure some people would have found it useful). I've been finding Paul McKenna's weight loss hypnosis book and CD very successful in programming me into new and healthier eating patterns. If you're really keen to use a meal replacement system perhaps consider some other methods to deal with your emotional eating as the same time to supplement that program.

cheers,
Ali (the other Ali as there's already an Ali on the forum :wink: )
EvilWombatQueen

Postby milkyway » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:04 pm

Hi Maree - great to see you back here again. Tell us all about your travels. We want pics :P

I don't have any advice to offer re programs but just wanted to stop by and welcome you back :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby reester33 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:32 pm

Hi Ali,

Thanks for the advice but I've done the emotional eating online (Shrink Yourself) and that's not really the reason that I've put on weight. It's really a combination of laziness, and sitting around when we don't have a job.....I get so tired and all I want to do on my days off is sleep! I have PCOS which makes it harder to lose weight....so every time I have TTOTM I put on 3kgs and only lose 1kg afterwards. :(

The thing is that I know what to do......and I'm good for about a week with my eating....but I don't exercise and I know that's what I need to do.

And Milky.....I'm sure you don't want to see all 300+ photos! LOL If you're on Facebook I can send you an invite so you can see my Egypt album.

:) M

I WAS EATING MYSELF TO DEATH WITH A KNIFE AND FORK!
reester33

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:18 pm

Sorry, I misunderstood entirely! I know what you mean about not wanting to exercise. The couch is always so much more inviting. If you find anything that helps with your exercise motivation please let me know because I could certainly use it too!

Good luck with finding a program that suits you!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby reester33 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:51 pm

:lol: I work such long hours that the couch is certainly more inviting..........only thing is that if we're not out in the ambulance we're sitting around! :) LOL

I've made up my mind to get up at 6:30am and get on the exercise bike before work. I'm afraid though that the only thing to boost motivation is to keep a routine. :lol:

:O M

reester33

Postby reester33 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:00 pm

One week down and I've lost 2.8kg :lol: I really hate how the tickers round the loss down though! :(

reester33

Postby milkyway » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:16 pm

Whoohoo! That's a fantastic loss marie :) Well done!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:12 pm

Brilliant loss, Marie. Well done!
EvilWombatQueen

Previous

Return to Personal Progress