It is currently Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:23 am

Free Newsletter

Dave's Progress Chart/Guide

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby Dave » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:28 am

Thanks JP1.......much apreciated....been a while since I droped in,,,in fact,,,I have prety much droped off the wagon....I need to update my tracker as I have put on a few killo's..:)

Not to worry though....seems this bloody condition is sticking alittle as when I flex the muscles n(So to speak) they soon start to cramp up. I am not sure how to deal with it?

I think I will drink plenty of water and begin a tredmill routine that incorparates rest days...hopefully that will do......as I am ussually a very active guy which is why this hole ordeal has "SPUN ME OUT" to say the least!!!!!!

I gave up smoking and now this...anyways........I am a fighter....when it comes to spirit that is...

Anyways...I am listneing to the EAGLES at the moment and crusing on a few burbons. My work load has been cut back due to whatever (LOL) elections soon enough I guess AWA BS!!!!!!!!!!!

MMMMMMMMMMM...............Anyways JP1......where ya from and whats are your goals???? I simply hope to be able to get back into the excercise ... Unfortunately I am not the best dieter if you know what I mean...but plenty of points to all those that cant do it that way :wink:

Later all
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Postby milkyway » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:25 am

Dave, good to see you back, buddy and alive and in one piece.

I think the real challenge for you is not about losing weight - it's about not doing too much too soon :P Incorporating some rest days is a great plan, and keep up the water. Hope you can fix that muscle cramping.

How are the kidneys? Did you sustain any long-term damage or are you pretty much on the mend?

Cheers!
San
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:37 am

Good to see you back Dave. Did the docs give you any kind of plan about getting back on track (e.g. no exercise for X days, drink X amount of water, no XY or Z etc?). If you're still having issues, maybe a trip back to the docs just to be sure?

I think by the sounds of it good hydration is a good place to start... try avoidng caffeine and alcohol and too much salt (as hard as that is) and keeping up with the water and potassium salts (you can get tablets for that, or maybe even eat a few more bananas)?

let's see if our new resident doc agrees....Mandie?
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Mandie » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:43 am

What Tegan said :)

Listen to your body, and don't push too hard. Make sure you have a nutritionally balanced diet (perhaps a visit to a naturopath or dietician could be in order to make sure of this - you'd want to be certain you're eating the right things given your previous illness!) with the right amounts of electrolytes. Drink water! Drink 2L per day baseline, but drink more if you exercise - should be about 500ml/30 minutes of exercise, but listen to your body and drink more if you need it. Take rest days between exercise and most importantly, don't go too hard!

I think seeing your doctor just for some basic advice to prevent the rhabdomyolysis happening again is a great idea, just to make sure you're on the right track. :) Best of luck!
Mandie

Postby JP1 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:03 pm

Dave wrote:Anyways...I am listneing to the EAGLES at the moment and crusing on a few burbons. My work load has been cut back due to whatever (LOL) elections soon enough I guess AWA BS!!!!!!!!!!!

MMMMMMMMMMM...............Anyways JP1......where ya from and whats are your goals???? I simply hope to be able to get back into the excercise ... Unfortunately I am not the best dieter if you know what I mean...but plenty of points to all those that cant do it that way :wink:

Later all

Hey you seem to be chilling out quite well there mate what with the bourbon and listening to the Eagles "Take it easy" is it? :wink:

I'm from London originally mate though been out here in Oz on and off most of my life having emigrated with my family when I was my kids ages in the late 60's. Lived in Adelaide for years in the 70's and 80's but after a long stint back in London have been on the Gold Coast for the last three years.

Take it easy bud and rest up for your next weight assault :)
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 114 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 107 Kg (12 Jan 2020)
Current :104.9 Kg (10 Feb 2020)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014) : 99.2 Kg (31 May 2016) : 104.7 Kg (10 May 2019)
Target : 99 Kg by 20 Mar 2020
JP1

Postby Yogi-Bear » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:45 pm

hi dave,

hope you are not putting too many of those kg's back on during thid enforced break.....
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby Dave » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:13 pm

Hi again guys,
I think the Kidneys are ok....starting to drinkk some more and going to make that doctors apointment like you say...Thanks Mandie, and I'll be giving the DRINK a break as well Dawn :wink:

sorry I have been slow getting back these days. I got new laptop and have been caught up with it. I'm not quite sure what the long term effects are at this stage milky, but have been worried a little more with the cramps hanging on. I've had my drink and boo hoo about it now :) and will give it another shot starting tommorow.

Since I stoped exercising I have put back on several kilo's, but will put in in check now, before getting back to my orginal weight. I have been called backed to the hospital, so hopefully i will have somthing positive to tell them as I embark back on the exercise program...Glad you said somthing Yogi...It was an enforced break in the beginning, but I have just been plain lazy and depressed is all...I remember how good I felt before...time to get back into it I thinks.

Nice to hear a little more about ya JP...Both my parents both came out here from London in the 60's themselves...Thankfully I still know some of the Queens english...mum always had a way with such words...in a common kind of way.

Hope you all doing well...I'll pop in your way soon enough...
Later :wink:
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
Dave

Postby carla » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:04 pm

Hi Dave,

Been away for ages, as I do, heh...come back to find out you've nearly done yourself in you action- lunatic!

This'll certainly learn ya!

Really glad to hear you're ok. Do take it easy fella!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wP3O213/]
[/url]
carla

Postby Dave » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:36 am

Glad to know I am not the only one that disapears :D ...I hear ya on that. Hope you've been having a good time Carla.
Later
Dave

Postby Rustie » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:25 am

Well thats just opened my eyes cause i hate drinking water and stuff! But im not exercising either atm...

Hope your getting better Dave.

SW: 80kg
CW: 78.5kg
GW: 60kg
Rustie

Postby Dave » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:43 am

Thanks Rustie,
Looks like we need to drink plently of water either way. It's not as easy as some people think. I actually takes some effort to remember to even do it, then when you go and do it, it may not always be redialy available.

I will have to start taking some to work as I hate the water here in Toowomba and dont even like it filtered.

It's been like training myself...that is...I get up in the morning and head for the 15 liter container of pure water from the supermarket, try not to forget to take my water container out with me, then at other times, have the money and means to purchase more while I am out of it. If you think about it....The reason I dont drink much water, is because most of it is either coffer/Tea/cordial/flavoured Milk/Shakes ect... When we eat; our digestive track consume quite a bit of water, there are even times like when we concentrate at a task that our body exspends more energy than one might think as well as not to mention stress/mood changes and so forth..............

Now that I am consious of it all the time...I am more aware of the tell tale signs of drying out, such as dry mouth (simply not moist enough) Dry skin..wind seems to get under it - Itchy nose ect... People with some dermatitis may exsperiance the need for water more than others...You drink other things other than water, but feel even more dryer than normal...my appitite seems to suffer somewhat...ect.. ect...

Anyways Rustie.....soz for the rant, but I have to admit, that even though I am not exercising It realy is important to get that water into the body...These days it simply does not feel natural though...does it. Hundreds of years ago, other than the accasional celibration, it was 95% the only thing with the menu & now it's such a big effort hey :D

Later Rustie....Take it easy
Dave

Postby Rustie » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:54 am

Yeh couldnt have put it a better way.

SW: 80kg
CW: 78.5kg
GW: 60kg
Rustie

Postby Dave » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:23 pm

Feels great to sweat again :D I'm back into it...so far so good :wink:
Dave

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:24 am

good to hear things are back on track...things certainly change when I get distracted and disappear for a few days!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby milkyway » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:03 am

Great stuff Dave :)

*takes a sip of water* ;)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway