It is currently Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:20 am

Free Newsletter

Dave's Progress Chart/Guide

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby Yogi-Bear » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:09 pm

dave, buy a tooheys and re-fill it with water...you'll be saturated in no time :lol:
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby JP1 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:51 am

good to hear you are back into it mate, best of luck 8)
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 114 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 107 Kg (12 Jan 2020)
Current :104.9 Kg (10 Feb 2020)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014) : 99.2 Kg (31 May 2016) : 104.7 Kg (10 May 2019)
Target : 99 Kg by 20 Mar 2020
JP1

Postby Dave » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:44 am

Hahahahahahahahahaha Yogi, I'm bound to take you up on that :D Thanks JP...I,ve kinda been taking a different aproach with the exercise.

I am currently moving house and that seems to be making me sweat enough. 8 achers of rural farm to clean up and a realestate, that has all of a sudden started treating the place like the queens palace. I could not believe the aragance when they hammered in the for sale sign and high tailed it out of there without even so much as a knock on the door. It was pertty obvious someone was home but I guess it all comes down to writting these days with little thought given to verbal comunication....Less ofcourse your into sales on a shop floor.

Unfortunatley my GrandMa slipped away at 4:30am just the other morning. Funeral is today, but I opted to give my condolenses again over the phone and will check on mum later after all the crowed is gone...Thankfully Nan was able to squeeze mum's hand in the final moment...so many people these days are not as blessed.

AAArrggghhhh.....Soz yogi...I do have some good news although I am nervouse as hell about it :? . I got a full time Job as a Delivery driver with a very reputable business in town here. There will be a lot more responsibillities in this new job, but given that the crew all seem to be very down to earth...I will try my best to take on your positive vibes and be as confident as I can be to complete each task that is required of me...There is a lot of heavy lifting involved but my doc passed me on the medical so I dont think that will be an issue. Just a little scared of the paper work, but have to stop talking that way and bring out the old zen skills from all those grass hopper kung fu movies I watched as a kid :wink:

So inbetween starting this new job on Monday and getting out of the Queens palace 2 days after Christmas, I,ll pop in to do some deep breathing and mabey some chanting :lol: I dont supose you could spare a weeks rent...hahahahaha...just kidiing...It's covered.

Peace out all....later :wink:
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:10 am

wow sounds busy down your way Dave! Moving house is a pain in the rear end. I hope there's not too many stairs involved...stairs and moving SUCKS!!

Well done on the job! I'm sure you'll do your best! Just remember to bend at the knees and not the back!!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Yogi-Bear » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:56 pm

hi dave,

sorry to hear about your Nan passing away, it is pretty confronting even though we all gotta go sometime...

are you cheesed off about having to move? if i was closer mate i'd have loved to offer you a hand as i find moving overwhelming at times. just tidying up can be a monumental chore. still as grasshopper used to say:"Impermanence". I used to like that program, did you? I liked 'Monkey" as well and have even considered buying that series. but dude, now you get to think about where you would really like to live!! that could be alot of fun...go on mate, step in to suburbia like me :lol:

New job, i hope you don't start getting tickets on yourself!! I think you will be gr8 at it because you are practical but have people-skills and a sense of humour. awesome dude... just be yourself IMHO :D

hey why not get your own place? Now you have a job they'll give you a loan. i only got a place recently as I spent my younger days on the move a lot. It worked out fine and three years later we are handling it okay. a mortgage is a bit steeper at first but you quickly get your head around it.

whatever Dave...just kept having the occasional drink 8)
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:58 pm

oh, yes, sorry I forgot to post it, but condolances for your loss Dave
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby milkyway » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:19 pm

Hi Dave - sorry to hear about the passing of your Nan :(

Congrats on the new job. But what a bummer about the move. I've just counted and I've moved about 13 times in the last 10 years or less :twisted: I hate it! And now I'm a responsible adult with things like fridges and couches which makes it so much worse to move. I can only imagine how hideous it must be to pack up a whole family and 8 acres :shock: Yoikes! Best of luck with the move.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Dave » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:30 pm

Thanks Guys...Iv'e been informed that the funeral went well with many more people attending than expected.

Moving is not always a pain, but when done frequently it ceartanly is. Unfortunately we seem to come across the most rude & insensitive home owners out there...they often can't aford the upkeep on thier homes as agents are alway telling us they have no money...The aragance of many will have them turning up on your doorstep un-unounced...ect ect....No matter how much you clean a place it never seems good enough as the pricks always charge somthing or other to your acount after you vacate...yea sure we could complain...but your garantead to end up on some kind of black list/Ticker for somply looking sideways at the rip off agents, leaving you with many years of heart ache and pain.

The wife and I are so sick of being treated this way, we are thinking of starting our own black list online for Bum hole Land Lords...

So in hind sight, it's not so much the moving but the BS politics involved. Not really into the home dream there yogi...good luck to those of ya that have achieved the dream, clawed thier way from a tin shack and all that jazz...Onya clap clap clap... We'll be happy to settle for a $250 000:00 shack when were in our 70's...as for a suburban house at $400 000:00 let me simply say ... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH......
No thanks...I'll be giving my kids a life first...no doctors & lawyers in this family... As I said Yogi, if owning your own home works for you, then thats great...but It's my beliefe that even those with two jobs will find todays rates not worth the sacrafice.

I think I'll even be downsizing the shack idea as the price of sheds are even ridiculous.

Spades a spade...no illusion no shattered dreams...It is what it is...
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
Dave

Postby Dave » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:40 am

sniff sniff, must be all that tax I pay out of such a measly payment getting to me...Well, I hope to take on some of that luck you wish me as I start my first day on the new job.

Yogi, I did find a $1200 family tent on special...things are looking up :wink:
Dave

Postby Yogi-Bear » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:32 pm

Hi Dave,

Just a thought mate re getting a place. I didn't have a deposit or anything but with-in six months our initially higher rate of interest had been past with a rate increase. I borrowed $230000 as we picked up a bargin, they do show up. The mortgage was $150 more than rent but now we only pay $100 more a week as rents have gone up. Our place got valued at 275000 a year ago so it is okay really. All we had was one job and St.George were happy. We made some extra payments and now owe around 200000 and we'll be clear of it in 18 years. When wife gets a job we should do it even quicker. Just a thought mate as you have two jobs.

Good luck with the job.
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby Dave » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:48 am

Yea I know Yogi...I'm just extreamly pissed with Land Lords in genral at the moment...I am geniunly happy to hear about your good fortune there Yogi.

Unfortunately, both my wife and I have been Bankrupt TWICE in the past...BAD ADVISE...dont do it unless you absolutely have to!

Anyways...we are both much more responsible now, however must live with the burden, which can be liken to a criminal record in the land of finance....

I know I have only dont one day at the new Job...but they have made me feel so welcome, I am no were nere as nervous as I was the night before.

Yep...with both of us working...we have plans to save up as much cash as we can...after we recover from this move. I feel a new way of living just around the corner.

I just had to vent some after this bad experiance of moving...
That sounds really great about you house Yogi....

Later.....Off to work I go :wink:
Dave

Postby Yogi-Bear » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:22 pm

Hi Dave,

How long are you bankrupted for? Only 5yrs? You could still get that place, its not so hard...

On a separate note, did you see Led Zeppelin on the news. Wow, what a sound. They showed a bit from "Black Dog" with its stop/start sound. It blew me away because it was so damn cool. I am still excited by it. All hail Jimmy Page and those incredible riffs.
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby chubbywife79 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:42 am

Sorry to hear you went bankrupt twice. It must be stressful. I reckon you have a turn around in the near future.
chubbywife79

Postby Dave » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:30 pm

Hi guys,
Thanks Chubby...I think you might be right there :wink: Where not currently bankrupt now yogi, it's been 5 years since our second application....

I think If we manage to reach a substansial amount of cash savings, and continue to live responsably, that will get somones atention and we'll be given another chance.

Kewwwlll....Led Zeplin ROCK, would of been good to see.

Just a quick note about a change in my eating habbits, since finding myself in a VERY busy time at the moment.

With both my wife and I working and not quite being acustomed to this new way of living...our diet seems to have taken a turn for the worst, with quick meals taking priority over healthy prepared ones.

The best thing I can think of is "Frozen Lazana"(soz can't spell that well as you know :roll: )......Roast chicken takes too long...that is untill I teach the kids to use the oven which can be a worry even with teenages these days......

Anyways Other than some exspensive canned food (frozen dinners are just way to exspensive for a large family) I'm not really sure on what to get into??? I may have to cook in bulk and freeze on the weekends...and get a microwave...Generally I try to avoid microwave cooking because of how much nutrients they kill...

Anyways...I am aware that junk food seems to be finding its way into the house of late and that it's already effecting our health...My wife house been getting all stiff and sore and I've been sweating like a pig as If I've been drinking al night...

One good thing I have started doing is taking fish oil/some oral Zinc and some natures own anti oxidant tabs...which could in fact also be resposible for my sudden bout of extream sweating.

anyways, I am open to some good eating tips that will fit into a very fast life style with not much time for food prep...

Cheers guys.....Hope you all doing well....will check round your ways ASAP....peace out :D
Dave

Postby Yogi-Bear » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:39 pm

Yeah Dave,

If I may suggest, don't be put off by no-deposit loans either (by St.George). I looked into it with a professional advisor ( a father BANK manager of a student) and they are great ways of entering the market.

The Zep, man that was cool to see. Just old guys belting out some great music that was way better than alot of this negative stuff you hear nowadays. The drummer -Bonham, I think his name was, who died from drugs in 1980, was replaced by his son during the concert. Apparently, he'd watched all the films of his Dad drumming and learned how to copy him nearly exactly. He was totally freaking out, playing with the greatest band ever, in his fathers place, to a crowd of 18,000. At the end of the concert he just got down on his knees and genuflected to the crowd. But that really big sound that is the Zep, totally amazed me. I don't think there is anything like it. When I was a kid I had a job painting the racecourse inside rail over the summer. It was a big job because the old paint had to stripped off. We just played the Zep every day in total awe.
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress