It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:44 pm

Free Newsletter

Dave's Progress Chart/Guide

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Dave's Progress Chart/Guide

Postby Yogi-Bear » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:12 pm

canada calling dave, canada calling dave

hi mate, this is the bestever, will write soon
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby Dave » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:12 pm

glad your having a good time there Yogi........whats been happening?
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Postby Dave » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:00 am

Ok...truth be told Yogi, I'm not doing so well...Since I dont drop in as often as others, I figured I fill you in proper..........Had to quit my job as mentioned in Jp's journal...It,s getting hard hitting 40 and having to still play digger with not much earth left this day and age.

Actually this tuesday coming, I'll be 39....now I know that's young by most standards, but when it comes to lifitng for a living; that dont leave ya with to many boxes to choose from...Ha!

Prob is I dont live in a box and can be found in many a admin enviroment walking out feeling some what in-dequate having failed the academic but refreshed having shook a few hands...& soldiering on.........???

Here is a Joke for ya..........when the guy at Australia post questioned me on working early hours...you should of seen his face when I said “the last time I worked them Hours, I was miking cows” LOL hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Seriously...........I miss ya buddy...move back to Australia when ya get the chance....Hope you still having agreat time

Later Dude :)
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
Dave

Postby sassi » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:27 am

hey dave, it's good to see you back!

sorry to hear things weren't great with the job - just had a quick peak at jp's journal & i totally get why - that sounds like a bloody tough job. we got a new fridge recently & a guy delivered it by himself - i was looking around for another guy, can't believe guys have to do it on their own :shock:

anyways, hope life is treating you okay apart from that.

hope to see you back more often :)
sassi

Postby Dave » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:50 pm

Cheers sassi,
moving on today...just felt like getting something off my chest I guess...Thanks for listening...The plan is to get back on track with my weightloss...JP's progress is really inspirational. It's amazing how just loosing or putting on a few killos can feel...I am back on 95 and would like very much just to loose 3killos...will start with walking again and ease on into it as I still get cramps from my condition...Hope you are also traveling along ok...Later :wink:
Dave

Postby milkyway » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:21 pm

Hey Dave - no bloody wonder you gave up that job - that's harsh man!!! all the best for your weightloss goals. I'm sure you'll drop those first 3kg in no time. And you're right, JP is very motivational.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Yogi-Bear » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:38 am

Yikes Dave, sorry to hear about work but your health is more important. At 39 you should be able to do labouring but it should be fair work. I reckon those pretenders at your former work might have been trying to use you up.

Fight the power man. I hope you use this golden opportunity to fix up your weight for good. People should be good to you, and if they aren't [email protected] em'. I'm 45, a bit older than you, so you might not remember the 7th Sojourn (Moody Blues):

Hey man, keep as cool as you can,
Face piles of trials with smiles,
It riles them to perceive,
That you believe to outwit them.

Stay strong bro'. In my situation I know people talk about me and put me down behind my back at school. I am a bit different, I don't try to be an individual and actually feel anxious when I don't belong, but I know people think of me that way. I hang only with those that like me as an antidote.

"Sly Foxes" that is what many people are IMO. Sly foxes at work giving you too much to do.....
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby Dave » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:26 am

Thanks guys,
I certainly know that by keeping fit, it helps me not only overcome my physical limitations but gives me a moral boost as well...not to mention your reply's..."thumbs up"...Today is the day I get back on the horse...I'm off the the park....Hope you all have a great day.
Dave

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:43 pm

Labouring's hard once you get past 35, but not impossible provided you can use the right equipment (I can't believe they wouldn't let you use a trolley!) My partner is 38 and works in a factory where a lot of his job involves heavy lifting and he certainly feels it more than he did at 25. At least he gets lunch breaks, though! I really can't believe how much cheek your former employer had.

Good luck with finding a new job. I've got my fingers crossed for you! And good luck with your weight loss journey. I'm sure you'll be losing weight again in no time!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:51 am

I'm pretty sure Oc health and Safety or workplace standards Aus might have something to say about that workplace!!!I'm SURE there are rules about safe lifting weights and the use of equipment to aid heavy lifting. If not, then there bloody well should be. I bet a million bucks they wouldn't give you anything if you busted your back or something doing all that work.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Dave » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:39 am

Thanks guys,
I needed a boost...Turns out the compition to that employer is actually going to hire someone to take the load off their driver...funny how things turn out. Once again...thanks guys

I want to share this and I don't; as it is beginning to feel as if all I have to say is negative...which it's not :) I ended up in hospital again, but thankfully just for the night. I will spare the details this time round except to say It's been discoverd I have Gall Stones & they can really hurt if you dont watch what you eat. It's taken me nearly a week to get over the morphine they gave me for the pain :oops:

Anyways......I am preping to start a new journal and hopefully it will help me to start a new way of living. I still cramp up with my muscle thingy :wink: and with the gall bladder cting up, it's time to get serious with whatever is causing all this...and despite whatever is about to go hay wire next...I just wana say I am so bloody glad I gave up smoking 10 months ago.

I went for a bush walk with a mate of mine today...Looks as if walking is all I can do... :roll: and not having done it in a while, I really notice how much easier it was on my breathing. WOW...it's only been 10 months...I could not beleive the difference it can make, that as a non smoker, getting back into exercise is much easier on the lungs...I'm really thankfull for that much :D

I'll probably go all wierd in the food thing in my new journal...Natrapath and all that...but I'll still be me...
Later Guys...I hope you are all WELL...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :wink:
Dave

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:12 pm

Sorry to hear about your gallstones. A friend of mine recently had problems with gallstones and they sound unbelievably painful. You're an absolute champ to get back into exercising after the issues with your gall bladder and muscle cramps. Walking may not be as intense as other forms of exercise, but it's far better than doing nothing. And bushwalking can be quite strenuous on the legs.

Good luck. I hope your health problems clear up soon.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:14 am

Oh Dave, I feel for you! I had my first gall stones attack in August 07, had 5 in 2 months before I worked out what triggered them for me then spent the next few months fearing eating anything vaguely fatty until I got surgery (in December - they'd classified me priority 1).

They are excrutiating. Even worse when you get to hospital and have to wait for 5 hours in pain with just a panadol. :evil:

I will give you the benefit of my research while it's fresh in my mind....

Gallstones can be caused by a range of things and is basically a calcification of one of about 3 substances in the bile your gall bladder stores - think of it like a gall pearl. The gall bladder basically stores bile the liver produces and regulates it's outflow into the stomach to aid in the digestion of fats. When the stones get big or are in a bad position they cause pain due to the fluid building up OR can become stuck in a biliary duct, or even tear one which is BAD news. Can also cause pancreatitis if it gets infected (and trust me, you WANT your pancreas) and can even damage the liver if it gets infected!!!!!!! You want your liver too.

So, what worked for me was to avoid fatty foods (in particular cheeses and meats). I found some vegetable fats I could tolerate, like avocado, but cheese would immediately set me off, and don't even think about sausages. Some people also can't tolerate spicy foods, but they were fine for me. I also started taking about 1/4tsp lecithin on my cereal - lecithin is an emulsifier and apparently can help keep the bile fluid and stop any more calcification happening.

There are a number of ways available to treat them - surgery, shock waves to disintegrate them or medications to disintegrate them, and the alternative remedies that claim to help you 'pass' them easily and painlessly. Surgery is the most common, shock waves and medication are generally used if you can't have surgery (too old, illnesses etc) but require strong painkillers while the still relatively large chunks are 'passed' through the tiny ducts and don't prevent a recurrence of the same problem, the alternative methods are absolutely sworn by by some people. I will let you research those yourself and come to your own conclusions, but I wasn't convinced by the level of evidence presented in their favour. Sometimes you can just have one or two attacks and then it just settles - you can have the stones with no problems as long as they aren't blocking anything, many people have them and never know.

I hope you don't get too many attacks though :(
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Dave » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:31 pm

Thanks for the details there Dawn,
Glad someone actually understands just how painfull it can be. I think I will be one of those that try the alternatives for as long as I can. I have tried some methods that seem to work for me already. I guess time will tell. I ceartainly have a better understanding of why we should watch the food we eat and how much of it ect...

Yea, I will research as you say...for sure...and get back to you with my findings if you like...Diet is going to be a big one that is for sure. At the moment i am trialing 10-20ml of aple cider vinager with 5ml of honey in a cup of hot water in the morning an night to help where the stones down...I am also drinking apple juice on top of that and being very carefull with my diet now...I will be working towards doing a liver/gall bladder rinse where I will have to be around the toilet for 8 hours ect...

I am also taking this opurtunity to cut out sugar and butter from my diet and as much dairy as I can...(going to finish my natural yougart though) seems mellons are a no no as well as nuts. will substitute mosts fats with healthy oils ect... It's a shame about the red meat and sea food... I guess I can go back to all these food groups after I have detoxed and flushed myself out...well thats the plan...there is so much more to it all like keeping active as well and choosing when to eat the foods in the right order as well...

snooooorzzzzzzzzzz.....bit tired now, thanks again....will keep ya posted :wink:
Dave

Postby Dave » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:36 pm

Had a good day today,
The walking is getting me back on track, and the new diet is making me feel heeps better. I even go a call about a few jobs, giving me somthing to think about. One is with Aus Post...part time...and I am thinking about becomming a support worker for Life Line in my spare time.

I have put on a bit of weight, but that's ok...My body has been through a lot lately & having come out on the other end with a much better understanding of exactly what foods I should be eating, is only going to benifit me in the long run. I usually hit around 95 after I've been to the toilet in the morning and just before I take a shower...However because of the flucuations inbetween with meals/water 5ltr a day 96-97kg is about right for now.

Early days on my new challange...not going to "Go For It" Rocky style yet; mabey after his new Rambo movie...will have to wait and see. Its just good to be healthy at this stage...Hope your all doing well.

Later :wink:
Dave

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress