It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:13 am

Free Newsletter

Dave's Progress Chart/Guide

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Dave's Progress Chart/Guide

Postby milkyway » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:43 pm

Your body has been through heaps, Dave!

All the best with your job hunting. Hope you find something that suits you asap :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Dave » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:00 pm

Thanks Milky...
My weight is heading in the right direction again... :) The sun is great and diet really working wonders for me. No sugar No dairy and not High colestaerol or bad fats...Have been using honey for sweets, wholemeal oats for breaky with water, pasta and rice for carbs, and a variety of red and white meats.

Best of all...I have had wonderous results using a table spoon of apple cider vinager with teaspoon of honey in hot water 2 to 3 times a day. My skin is feeling better, gall blader sorting itself out, ...it,s even asisting with the build up of lactic acid from my activities and a host of other things...It really does react well with my body and I highly recomend it for anyone else fit or not...Only been doing it a week! My eczema that has plauged me for years is even starting to clear up....AMAZING!!!!!...it even helps with weightloss :wink:

I am please to say those first two killos I just lost was more from diet, so this new way of living is starting to take place...Hope I can keep it up...I no longer see it as derpravision but as common sense, just like when I gave up smoking...there is so much crap ut there that is killing you and me, that it really does pay to give ceartain food types the flick completely just to see what happens...so far I have had no probs without SUGAR or Dairy...for me, it seems to be working so far.
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Postby milkyway » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:48 pm

Way to go, Dave. Sounds like you've found the right combination to make you feel the best you can. Apple Cider vinegar, eh? How did you get onto that? What does it taste like? Is it revolting or is it OK with the honey as a sweetener? That's great it's helping your skin to clear up. Almost sounds too easy!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby JP1 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:05 pm

Hi Dave mate... just caught up with your progress... nice to hear you have dropped a couple of kios, WTG!

Had a laugh at your milking the cows line to the Post Office :mrgreen: and thanks for the nice words you have written about me here and the advice you gave re the gym on my pages..

Am gutted you haven't been 100% health wise... thats a b*i*t*c*h mate and I hope you are feeling better as time goes..

Anyway mate hope to catch up with you in your new thread if you decide to start it... get that Eagles DVD on mate and Take It Easy :wink: 8) ... laters
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby Yogi-Bear » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:45 am

Hiya Dave,

I'm sure we all appreciate your honesty, I know I do. Very brave of you, and to keep facing your stuff you are doing what many can't (ie me). I like your idea of walking.
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby Dave » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:24 am

Morning guys,
Where ya been Yogi...hope you’ve been travelling well...It's amazing what you can fit into a line. Your encouragement is always well received; well maybe not always at first: lol: but it does sink in...Glad your back! I dragged out the old tredly the other day and have started with a "training wheel mentality", mixing it up with the traffic and practising some social skills...beep BEEP BEEEEEEP. Although this Monday marks the day I started back on the walk/jog walk jog sessions, I sure do enjoy my walks, because as JP hints ... The sitting on the Dock of the Bay and easy feeling I've been getting is starting to do it s healing. On both those points I got you to thank...the cycling & some of your Meditation skills.

Hi Jp... ...sure is great to lose some kilos :) I lost up to 16kg before I over did it & consequently put several back on. Primarily, it was after reading much of your progress, that I got back into the groove again...although somewhat more balanced this time round...I really do have a tendency to get excited at times and go off like a kid in a lolly shop...I'll leaving the bombing to the terrorists.

That ACV sure does work wonders Milky...I got onto "Apple cider Vinegar" through a doctor that is not so quick, to refer people to the local Base Butchery Clinic...AKA "Hospital...Although this doc is often referred to as "OHHHHHH that Doctor" with a long period of silence...often by many of the scalpel holders and or otherwise ongoing professionals...I am quite pleased I came across him.

What has started as an alternative for my Gall Bladder has now begun healing a host of other ailments I have suffered for years...It’s really great to start shaving again!...As for the Taste, sure it takes getting used to, but compared to the positive reaction my body is having with it, I actually look forward to it, much like you might for an easy run. It's a savoury tasted, that I don’t mind any more...Having it with the teaspoon of honey and Hot water is like having a cup of apple tea. I sometimes have it up to 3 times a day. Sometimes first thing in the morning before I go to the park or an hour after Breaky...Often after dinner I a feel I overate to aid in digestion and it will be the last thing I have before bed. There is heaps of info on the net, with many that swear by it. If anything, it has certainly opened my eyes to the natural alternatives that present a much healthier way of living other than the general populous way of doing things.

Anyway guys...This is my last post...Thanks for reminding JP...I'm going to start that new thread today...I've come a long way since I started this post...I know I've contradicted myself at times, gone off the rails and found them again, fallen over and gotten up again...I ranted on how I did not worry about diet, and continued to shovel the bacon and eggs down my throat, only to find myself months later doped up on morphine, with a letter requesting referral to have my gall bladder cut out. I could also been found Bolting out the doors into the Hills, like some wild maniac on a hallucinogenic only to be scraped off the side of the road and transported to the nearest hospital; where upon I began my next lesson..."The Importance of Rest of Recovery"...that one nearly killed me!

Thanks for popping in and out from time to time...you assistance had been greatly appreciated...Hopefully many will see my next thread as a Well Adjusted one..hehe :)
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:05 pm

mmmmm, vinegar.... I love the stuff, drink it straight and use it neat as salad dressing :oops:

Good to hear it's working for you Dave... you do have lower oestrogen levels on your side. Bloody women's hormones makes Gallstones worse apparently. Unfortunatey mine were BAD. When I jogged, the bouncing made them sore and toward the end of my wait for surgery they were starting to be a constant dull ache, so even with my strict diet and lecithin, the surgery was definitely the go for me. Just remembering the pain. errggg. The first ambulance trip I SWEAR my insides were being torn apart by a madman weilding a blunt dinner fork. Bad, bad stuff right there. But the drugs they gave me were good :D

Good to hear your new diet changes and things are having positive effects on other things too!

Now to go find your new thread.....
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Previous

Return to Personal Progress