It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:39 am

Free Newsletter

Rochelle's Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Rochelle's Progress

Postby chubbywife79 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:06 am

Well I thought I might do one of these progress diary things. I weigh 122kgs and my doctor told me I need to lose weight. I have high cholestrol and Pre-diabetic. I don't want to be diabetic that scares. I don't have a clue of what diet plan to go on. I find some weightloss groups to expensive since we don't have the money. If anyone out there has any good weightloss plan to go. Tell me please. I don't really know what I'm doing.

I know I need to cut out processed food which I'm slowly . I have cut down my coffee from 5 cups a day to 1 a day. I'm drinking more water, I'm drinking approx 500mls now and my goal is to drink 2ltrs a day.

Rochelle
chubbywife79

Postby KimE » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:03 pm

Hi Rochelle

Looks like those few changes you have made are a good place to start.

I originally started on Lite n easy but it can be expensive and all of the food is ordinary stuff that you could easily do yourself with some planning which is what I do now.

There are a few basics you can change:

Water - 2lts + per day
Lean meat (avoid anything too fatty or processed)
Low fat Dairy
Wholemeal/Grain breads, pasta and brown rice
Plenty of fresh veges and legumes
Fruit but not too much
Nuts and seeds (watch the serving size here)
In general keep an eye on your sugar and fat intake not just the visible ones like sugar with coffee and on cereal or oil used for cooking but the ones not so visible so some label reading on products is handy.

Nothing too special there and probably nothing you haven't heard before. You may even find it better to not change everything at once but slowly ease into it letting your body feel the benefits and train your taste buds to enjoy the foods.

Also getting your body moving is a good thing too but start of slowly and ease into it if you haven't been doing much or any exercise.

Have a good read of everything on the home page as there is a wealth of info to help with all of this.

Hope this helps a little and all the best. Let us know how you go.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:11 pm

hey rochelle kim has said some really good points. maybe check out a calorie counting site like calorieking to help you see how much you should be eating a day and what portion sizes you need. the things you have written down are a great place to start your weightloss. you dont want to get in over your head straight off so well done.
kate_turner2000

Postby chubbywife79 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:00 pm

Thanks guys for the advice I'm walking 15 minutes a day at least 2 to 3 times a week. With hubby and the dogs. I look into Calorieking site. I know I can do this I just need the support to encourage me.
chubbywife79

Postby KimE » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:48 pm

Good start Rochelle. As Kate suggest, Calorie King is a fantastic site to help in the counting of calories. I actually have their software too and found it great for when I was losing weight. Even now if I feel I am going overboard I start putting my food in it again to keep me on track.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby isolde » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:47 am

I'm very worried about the diabetes thing too as I was misdiagnosed which was traumatic and so want to follow the low gi thing just to be on the right path..

basically exercising every day seems crucial in terms of keeping blood sugar levels low even if its only half an hour a day..

I'm still learning about the low gi thing but it seems if one part of your meal is low gi it turns the whole meal low gi.. basically it seems to be mostly things that are grainy and thus harder to process... so beans/legumes particularly seem like something to try to add to meals.. some vegies are and some aren't low gi.. complicated..

some products in the supermarket are marked as to whether or not they are low gi including a gorgeous range of breads (sorry can't remember the name)..

disturbingly when i read up about diabetes it sounds like potatoes and white bread can be as dangerous as chocolates.. I wish I'd known that because I've also eaten lots of carbs..

Anyway, good luck, when I get around to finding out more I'll post more..

Cheers,

Isolde
isolde

Postby KimE » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:34 pm

Just one thing about the carbs. Eating them isn't bad as such but some are a lot better for you than others so it's just about being a bit more selective. As you see it suggests grains, beans/legumes all carbs but very good carbs. White bread is crap anyway so you'll be better off without it. Looks like you are doing plenty of research and that is great as you will come out of it knowing what does and doesn't work for you. :D
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby chubbywife79 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:08 am

Since it nearly 6 days to pay day and I'm starting to run out of food. I was thinking of doing the low GI diet but I found it very confusing. I'm interest doing Weight Watchers. Has anyone had any luck with it? I need a strict diet and someone tell me what I could change with my eating everyday.
chubbywife79

Postby shelbel » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:24 pm

Hi Rochelle

Im doing weight watchers and i know a few others around here are as well. I looked into the low gi business but i was also confused by it! I find weight watchers to be very simple and flexible program. Each food has a points value, your allowed a certain amount of points per day, according to your height, weight and how much you want to lose, all you do is stick to it! You can 'earn' and save points as well for when you have special occasions and such. You can go to meetings once a week, or follow the program at home (which is what im doing) BUT You really do have to spend some money getting set up. I brought a at home pack which included a 12 week starter course (really good info and plan to follow) I also have points guide books which tells me the amount of points in everyday foods. On the bright side, once you buy these you have them for life! You could probably pick them up cheaper on ebay. Try checking out the ww web site or buying the ww mag and see if its right for you.

Sorry for the life story here! I just thought id share my thoughts on ww. It might be right for you, but what works for one doesnt always work for someone else!

Good luck Rochelle, i hope you find the program thats suits you. Any other questions, just ask! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:44 pm

hey rochelle its not my shopping day til tuesday either and i have run out of all good things- cashews, ww ice cream ups, aero mousses and nearly out of coke zero. luckily i froze my rye and spelt bread lol. i can just take a slice out if i need it.
kate_turner2000

Postby chubbywife79 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:10 pm

5 days to go. All I have is couple carrots, frozen veges, mince and sausages. Also eggs and pasta. Plus couple pasta sauces. I only have oranges left to eat. I so can't wait to do a proper shop especially now hubby working. Can someone tell me how I went this week on my eating? I know I'm doing good with exercise. I checked the site out and I looked at doing WW at home but I can't buy the books cause I got no credit card :( . But I might go to a meeting on Wednesday morning to see what it like.
chubbywife79

Postby shelbel » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:44 pm

Good idea about heading to a meeting, then you'll know if its right for you. And they can give you loads of advice.

Im not really sure about the food, i had a quick look, chinese, not so great (unfortunatly, its one of my faves) fried rice in particular! But its only one meal, and sometimes it takes awhile to figure this eating healthy business out! One thing to be careful of as well is jam, unless its diet, normally they are loaded with sugar :(
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby chubbywife79 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:17 pm

I seem to be pretty depressed for some reason today. Might be cause the weather or I might be tired. I might have a lay down. I'm also so bored and got a major craving for munchies. I get that when I'm pretty down. I hate feeling like this.

I'm also looking at doing one of those shake diets. How much are they? Despite my doctor against it. It up to me right since it my body? For those people who on the shake diet how much is it? and which one the best one? I want to have at least one meal with my husband at night, so which one suit me? BTW there no Tony Ferguson centre close to me.

Also I'm tossing between WW and the shakes.
chubbywife79

Postby Jisgone » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:37 pm

i use the diet shakes, but more for just when im in a rush and dont have time to eat a healthy meal. i use the celebrity slims ones which are $3.20 each and u can but them from priceline (latte is the best flavour :P)
they say to drink a shake for breakfast and lunch, with 'allowable' snacks inbetween and a healthy dinner but i much prefer eating real meals as much as possible

oh and i think tony ferguson delivers?
Jisgone

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:39 pm

yep tony ferguson does deliver rochelle. check out their website for an idea of what shake programmes are about and then you can make a better decision for yourself :) you are right, it is your body and you need to choose whatever way you are comfortable to lose the weight :)
kate_turner2000

Next

Return to Personal Progress