It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:44 am

Free Newsletter

Immortal's Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby Immortal » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:37 pm

What I have been doing, is trying on some of the clothes I'd outgrown and seeing how much they fit me now. That seems to be a great motivator for letting me know where I'm at.
Victims; Aren't we all...

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wX0EW8N/]
[/url]
Immortal

Postby Immortal » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:41 am

Day 29: All is well, don't have anything to complain about anymore. Weighed myself this morning... I'm 121.4kg, but I struggle to notice the difference when I look in the mirror though. Some day's I seem to wake up, look at myself and think I haven't lost any weight. But what can you do???

[/url]
Immortal

Postby Immortal » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:18 am

Day 37: Weighed myself today and the scales said 117.7. That makes me over a third of the way towards my goal, i think. I've now adjusted the program slightly as well. I'm still using the VLCD program and Duromine, but I have upped the calories a little by having a Lean Cuisine-type Meal, instead of just 200g of plain vegetables... I started that about 6 days ago. Otherwise, everything else is travelling along nicely.

[/url]
Immortal

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:37 pm

hey immortal ive seen how well you have done over the course of the month. well done! just wondering what your skin elasticity is like after losing that so fast?
kate_turner2000

Postby Immortal » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:54 pm

Skin elasticity??? Do you mean like excess skin left over from fat, or stretch marks??? To be honest, I'm not sure what your asking???

[/url]
Immortal

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:15 pm

LOL its ok i confuse myself sometimes. :P

i meant do you have a lot of excess skin due to the fact that your body has had a month to bounce back after losing 16 something kilos. like you know when a woman has a baby and once the baby is born thats a lot of weight lost in a short period of time and theres a lot of excess skin around the tummy (because thats where most the weight was). are you toned?
kate_turner2000

Postby Immortal » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:35 am

Yeah, I've got a bit of a fold of skin forming around my lower abdominal region, and a bit of a man boobs type thing forming. Otherwise everything else is okay... On every part of my body, I had less than 5% fat... Except my abdominal region which went to about 60% fat or something ridiculous when I had my last body fat pinch test. Since there wasn't much weight to lose from around the "Whole Body" My arms, legs and back are actually looking better than ever, because my muscles are actually looking more toned than ever...
The skin fold forming though is a bit worrying... It may require surgery...

[/url]
Immortal

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:52 am

yeah thats what happened with adro :) maybe once all the weight is lost you can see where you want to go with that :)
kate_turner2000

Postby lng86 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:53 am

Yeah, that is my main concern too - excess skin. Congratulations on your loss. Whilst my thoughts on weight loss differ quite significantly from yours, I support every effort that a person makes to gain control of their life... Best wishes.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby Immortal » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:08 am

Ing, How do your views on Weight Loss difer to mine??? Just wondering...

[/url]
Immortal

Postby lng86 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:27 pm

I feel that losing weight is a slow but steady process. I have not joined this forum or made a commitment to myself as a short term goal. I am wanting to learn - by trial and error - and to follow a method that I can use essentially for the rest of my life. I want to be put in different situations and know how to make the correct choices... Whether that be out for dinner at a restaurant or away on a vacation at a resort. In those particular situations there is endless variety - and I want to know how to eat healthily whilst still enjoying life.

Research shows that 95% of people who lose 10% or more of their body weight put the weight on plus more in a short amount of time. I don't want to be only a statistic. Losing weight does not happen over night... It just simply doesn't. It is a long, sometimes gruelling process - but putting weight on doesn't happen over night either. The average person (to obtain long term success) is said to only lose 1/4 to 1/2kg of body weight per week. I am happy with whatever my body allows me to lose because it is a permanent change.

The way you and I differ is because I would never put myself though such drastic measures to lose weight in such a short period of time. For one, I would be extremely hesitant about my skin never regaining elasticity and secondly, I am not on a diet. Put simply... My lifestyle has just gone in a different direction. There is no pill, potion or otherwise that can effectively help you lose weight for long periods of time. It comes down to the old fashioned technique of eating well and exercising correctly!

I am not here to attack your methods. If it works for you, great. But you asked my opinion... And there it is. In the real world human beings are faced with temptation... My main goal is to know how to deal with being put in that situation. All of us on this site obviously have more than an addiction to food. I think there are reasons why we have resorted to food as our friend. Therefore, having said that... I feel that you not only need to change your eating habbits - but you have to search deep inside you for something else to fulfill that 'hole'. I don't want to be like Fiona on the Biggest Loser... I'm determined to never be overweight again.

This is a mental, emotional, physical and spiritual journey. But I wish you and every other person on this forum the best of luck.

-Lauren.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby Immortal » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:40 pm

Lauren,

Thanks for your feedback. But I feel you may have overgeneralized to a degree. I have always eaten healthy and exercised. It was due to an injury that I could not exercise for 2 years that I put on nearly 60kg of excess weight. Once I could exercise again, it was extremely difficult because of that weight. I was used to running for a couple of kilometre's every morning, but after my injury, it was a struggle to walk around the block. I have never been addicted to food, or eaten that badly, and being overweight has always frustrated the hell out of me, alot of it going to my very physical background. I have tried to lose weight for 4.5 years, eating healthily and exercising (both walking and weights), but nothing happened, not 1kg shifted. I'm now left with 6 months, before I lose one of my favourite careers, due to unfitness. I felt it might have been time for something more extreme.
So, I was just wondering... What might you have done in my position??

[/url]
Immortal

Postby lng86 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:16 pm

I'm not going to be argumentative towards you. If your decisions are working for you - great. You asked for my opinion... And I simply gave it to you. All of us are faced with differing circumstances and situations... And considering that, I respect your solution.

Best wishes,
Lauren.
lng86

Postby Immortal » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:19 pm

Lauren,
I'm not being argumentive. I just stated that circumstances can differ. And I wholeheartedly agree that this is not the solution for other people. And I am open to suggestions in how to do it in a more "Healthy" way. But you stated that you disagree with my methods, and since you disagree with my methods, I was wondering how you would suggest I could improve. I'm not argumentative, I'm researching and conversing.

[/url]
Immortal

Postby Immortal » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:39 pm

Day 42: My walks have become quite a bit easier. So probably starting tomorrow or Saturday, I'm going to start riding my bicycle a bit more. Try to get some higher cardio output. Diet still same as at day 37.

[/url]
Immortal

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress