It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:26 am

Free Newsletter

Seraph grows wings and loses saddle bags.

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Seraph grows wings and loses saddle bags.

Postby seraph » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:39 pm

Hello everyone! I just got fantastic replies to my intro so I'm all happy and motivated and stuff :) I've decided to check into this place everyday before I go to work. It's great to start the day grinning (especially in the place I work - it's a loony bin (not literally)). I'm going to make a ticker... much as it pains me to admit how much excess stuff I have living on me. AND I'm going to start exercising in the mornings and making myself report in here to make sure I've done it. Ha! I'm cunning! 8) :lol:

So here I go...

Weight today : 74.5 kgs

Goal : 58 kgs, size 8 (SA sizes), strapless top, BEACH!!!!

Weekly goal: Lose 1kg, run 2 km (not in total haha)

Personal goal: Grow some bollocks at the office and tell tim to shove it :D

Have a good day everyone :)
seraph

Postby milkyway » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:44 pm

Sounds like a good plan, Seraph. Sorry to hear youre having a bad time at work. I used to work for a gorilla bully quite a few years ago :evil: :evil: :evil: so I hear ya!

All the best!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby ali » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:08 pm

Hey and welcome! Im reasonable new here too and have recently (yesterday) started posting my personal progress on here.

I can completely relate to your cunning plan! Im exactly the same. After a horrible day of binging I decided that I would start writing up my day so I can hold myself accountable for all my bad actions! Its so easy to just say, oh well, when you eat bad. But now I have to realise what im doing wrong and work at fixing it.

It really works too. Today I was miserable and starving and I was so tempted to buy some hot chips but I kept thinking about how I would then have to write it up on here and the shame I would feel made me buy something healthy for lunch instead!

Good luck with your goals! I also want to look good in jeans and at the beach in a bikini, and be confident! Im sure we'll both get there soon! Good luck! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0XqXGi/]
[/url]
GOAL 1: 59KG - 30/12/07
GOAL 2: 56KG
GOAL 3: 53KG
ali

Postby seraph » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:23 pm

Thanks milky and ali. My boss is actually worse than a gorrilla. Women are incompetent and non-engineers are incompetent so I'm doubley incompetent. But it's ok, because as of december I'll be the most qualified person in the office, including him, so he can kiss my dimpley ass.

And ali, yes, I agree, holding oneself accountable for what one shoves down one's gob is a good idea :) But then I tend to go on a whole bend of self loathing and end up eating a whole lot of junk coz I feel that if I'm going to fail I may as well do it completely. That's me.. always the extremist. I will write down the bad things tho, thanks for the tip, it may desuade me from eating the junk at all :)

So far so good. i started on tuesday and both tues and wed were good days. I didn't cheat. I really really really wanted to go and have a drink after work but I didn't. Even tho i had to come home and sit by myself. Had a big row with my on again off again bf, and found a bottle of wine in the cupboard but still didn't have any. Instead I got out my book - is there anyone out there by marian keyes - and read. Any women out there who haven't read anything by this author have to IMMEDIATELY. She basically says what we all think. It's fantastic to know I'm not the only neurotic insane person in the world.

I didn't run this morning :( I suck. I'm not going to make the excuse of it being too cold because I'm aware that I would have warmed up. But I am determined to do it as soooooon as I get back from work. And tomoro is my day off so I can go running on the beach. Yay (note the inching my way into sun bathing ;) )

Anyway, I think I've spoken enough to bore anyone to death reading this. Hope you all have a good day. Fight the flab!!!

PS don't you with there was some way of selling fat like hair. then you could get thin and make money :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woXTuV6/]
[/url]
seraph

Postby ali » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:37 pm

Haha, im an extremist too! If I go over my daily calories by just a bit I figure, well I might as well eat the whole bag of freddo frogs now! Lol. Im terrible with binging and over eating! Its been two days since my last binge... Haha, there should be a BA, lol. I need a 12 step program! Lol.

Good on you for saying no to the alcohol, its full of calories! I hope things start getting better for you soon!

Dont beat yourself up about the exercise, no one is perfect, and I know how hard it is to drag yourself out of a nice warm bed before the sun is even up! Aagh! Lol. It'll get easier, and soon you will want to do it! Well im hoping it does! I only started this morning with the exercise, haha, but ive been there before and it does get easier. I find that I become addicted to exercise once ive been at it for a while, because it makes you feel so good!

Good luck with everything! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0XqXGi/]
[/url]
GOAL 1: 59KG - 30/12/07
GOAL 2: 56KG
GOAL 3: 53KG
ali

Postby MickeyB » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:21 pm

Hi there,

I'm reasoanbly new too, joined up earlier in the year and started out good then disappeared off the face of the planet LOL But I'm back to stay now. :)

I find I need to be in it 100% for it to work as well, I'm an all or nothing type person I'm discovering, and I need to be able to find a balance where I can enjoy the good things and be at a nice weight too LOL

Hope you can sort things out with your boss soon, gotta love men who think they know it all.

Good luck, and don't worry about not going for a run, there's plenty of time to make up for it. Even if you just do some ab work, squats and lunges in front of the telly for half an hour, you'll still burn calories and get to catch up on whats on the box ;)
Mic
Waiting for baby #4 to arrive then getting stuck into losing the 25kg that needs to come off!
MickeyB

Postby KimE » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:53 pm

Keep working at it Seraph and you will get there. Well done on controlling your eating and not having the alcohol. Not only is it full of calories they are empty calories that have no nutritional value.

The key is to creating better habits so whether eating or exercise build on it slowly and don't be too hard on yourself. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby seraph » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:56 pm

yesterday wasn't good. My on again off again bf is now off again, I had to take my bro to hospital coz he got alcohol poisoning and i binged on icecream.
[/url]
seraph

Postby seraph » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:20 pm

ok. That was morbid. Sorry. I was going to bury myself in binge eating and comfort food and self loathing. Then I weighed myself and despite my icecream I've managed to lose a kg in the last 2 days. And it's TOM so not quite sure how it happened. Anyway, I decided that this censored isn't worth sabbotaging my progress. I'm going to kick its ass. I was going to go and eat pies for breakfast, but I'm going to have yogurt and an apple. i'm going to be good.

I hate my stupid ex bf. He's losing the best thing that ever happened to him... AGAIN. And this time when he comes crawling back, the new thinner gorgeous me is going to turn around and tell him to get lost (i was going to write something a little more riske... but as I said I'm being good).
[/url]
seraph

Postby MickeyB » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:38 pm

They say change is like a holiday, and maybe this time the 'off' time will give you a chance to have a look at what's going on with you and whether you want any of that hassle in your life anymore, or whether it's time to move on and start fresh with someone new.

I hope your bro is ok, I've had alcohol poisoning before and it's not nice :oops:

Maybe instead of binge eating to make yourself feel better you could go out and treat yourself to something nice instead. A hot new outfit that you're going to get into, or even something that you can wear now that make syou feel special, maybe even get a new hair cut or do a new colour, get a facial or treat yourself to a manicure or pedicure or something. Anything at all as long as it's not food that you're using to comfort yourself with, set up a new habit to replace the old one that's damaging. If you're anything like me the binge will creep up on you when you least expect it because you'll still be searching for something to comfort yourself with.

Congrats on the weight loss too!
Mic
Waiting for baby #4 to arrive then getting stuck into losing the 25kg that needs to come off!
MickeyB

Postby seraph » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:56 pm

Thanks Mickey. I know you're right but in the moment I don't think of those things. I'll definitely make the effort tho. I know that this man isn't right for me or it wouldn't keep ending but you know what morons women are in relationships. I'm one of those people that believes it takes hard work and when i don't get the same effort in return it's agonising.

I'm going to do well until monday. I've decided to concentrate on doing it perfectly during the week and then concentrate again over the weekend. If saturday feels like a new start instead of the end of the week then I'm less likely to eat rubbish simply because i've been good.

I don't know if anyone else has weird irrational ideas about how to make themselves lose weight. I even convinced myself at one point that because I had long hair I was allowed to weigh more. Ha ha. I don't know why but the thought of my goal weight makes me nervous. I haven't been than weight since I was 16. I know I'd love to be that thin but for some reason it gives me a weird anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach.

OH... one of the guys at work (I actually have a small crush on him) told me that I looked nice and had I lost weight. hahaha. I grinned for about an hour after that :D

Anyway, I ate chicken sausages for breakfast. I didn't think it was that bad but now I'm not so sure. I made them with non-stick spray so no oil. Think I'll have salad for lunch. I've had salad everyday for a week, I'm starting to turn green.

It's my birthday in 3 weeks... do you think it's possible for me to be under 70 by then? I'm 73.3 now.
[/url]
seraph

Postby seraph » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:47 pm

I crashed and burned last night. I met my fabulous gay friend who I haven't seen for ages. He's outrageous. We went to this restaurant that is right on the beach to watch the sunset and catchup. I was clever enough to eat a lot of salad (again with the turning green) before I left so I wouldn't be hungry and tempted to eat the food they serve there. Anyway, I decided that since I'd been good enough to do that, a small glass of wine would be ok. Well, they only had those 250ml dinky bottles so I got one of those. That resulted in 2 glasses of wine :( Now... usually my alcohol tolerance is very good but for some reason the wine knocked me and I was rather tipsy. Then my friend James arrived to join us and brought with him a bottle of wine from the restaurant he works in. Oh my word. My resolve lasted as long as an ice cube in a volcano and I just had to help him drink it. We then trucked back to my place and found a bottle of amarula, the 3 of us perfectly merry. Sat in front of the TV and watched censored and the city. So yes... to say I had a little too much alcohol is a gross underestimation :oops: :oops: :oops:

Today I have the typical wooly hung over feeling and just want to eat greasy food. So I thought I'd come on here and try to re-freeze my ice cube before I go shopping. Also decided to start the couch to 5km program. So I'm going to do my first session today... as soon as the hang over has worn off. :roll:
I'm a silly silly woman.
[/url]
seraph

Postby milkyway » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:52 pm

But you had a good night, yeah? :P

All the best with the C25 program. In addition to the link I posted in my progress thread, you may also find this site helpful:

http://www.c25k.com/
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby loveat116 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:44 pm

seraph wrote:It's my birthday in 3 weeks... do you think it's possible for me to be under 70 by then? I'm 73.3 now.

Its definatly possible! You just have to be REALLY disciplined, and you can lose 1kg a week.

Make sure you exercise every day, or nearly every day, and watch your calories and fat intake. I find that if I go all out with exercise (60 minutes of cardio a day) then i actually notice results.

Good luck! And be positive!
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby madeline » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:58 pm

Firstly- is that you in your pic? If so you're gorgeous :D

It's definitely possible to lose 1kg a week and get to your goal (i'm trying to get to my goal by my bday so i have around 6 weeks to lose 6 kgs...)

I hope you get even hotter and thinner so your bf can feel horrible for everything he put you through, and get to see every other guy checking you out :wink:
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Next

Return to Personal Progress