It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:51 pm

Free Newsletter

Tegan's progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Tegan's progress

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:18 am

ok, starting another progress thread rather than dredging up the original one. Just kinda felt the need to keep a diary again.

well, today's been a not so bad start really. Unfortunately due to the weather I couldn't ride and since I had to leave my bike at uni yesterday due to the weather, I couldn't really ride anyhow!! BUT I have been upping my water count (although much of this is in green tea still, does that count? I think so) and have been very controlled so far with my eating.

I have caved and had 1 cherry ripe bar from a fundaiser box. But that is it and I just resisted to temptation to have the habitual mid morning snack, cause I'm really not hungry and energy expenditure is going to be low today.

However I am feeling restless, so I am about to go for a wander to the post office.

As far as my general mind set changes, I am doing prety well. yesterday was fairly productive and I spoke with my supervisor about my concerns. While I'm still uneasy, he has done a lot to put my mind at ease about the fact that changes will happen and that's just life. I find that hard to accept what with my "must have everything intricately planned and controlled" mentality.

so off to the postoffice I go!!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:32 pm

hey tegan

jotting down your thoughts will really help. :) you have done well to have only one choccie from the box. im glad that you had a chat to your supervisor and im sure things will feel a lot more positive now that you have got it out in the open. hope the weather fines up down there in tassie soon. its a lot warmer in the day time here in newcastle nsw now. i wore a shirt a pants whilst walking today and an elderly lady stopped and asked if i was cold!

take care of yourself
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:37 pm

Had lunch about 1/2 hour ago and just went to make a cuppa, past...the...chocolates.......aaargghhh, can't...take...it...much...longer. Must get.....milk..in cup....and...get...back to the...OFFICE!!!!!!

phew. I survived that craving. I thought about how good it would taste. But then, I'm not doing any exercise and I would feel bad and then I would probably say stuff it and blow the $5 in my wallet on the evil chocolate.

So I had none. It seems the one I had this morning was a conscious decision so it had no 'binge' effect. But if I give in to a craving, I end up scoffing as much as I can, like I'm cheating so I have to cheat as much as I can before someone sees. How screwed up is that :? :roll:

I am now staying in my office until home time.

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby seraph » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:38 pm

Heya... well done for resisting evil choc. I know what you mean about cheating as much as you can when you do :lol: i do it alllll the time. Why not keep some raisins at your desk or something then before you go past the choc eat a couple to kill the sweet craving. Might help :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woXTuV6/]
[/url]
seraph

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:45 pm

I love sultanas and would probably guts them just as quickly :lol:
I nibble my way throgh a pack of them a week on breakfasts and just as snacks and also when i make my bran loaf!!!

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:24 am

Well, it's still raining cats and dogs, but the wind has subsided. I couldn't ride today, due to the weather, but I noticed I didn't sleep that well last night, I just couldn't drift off. I think it's because I hadn't exercised at all and I was hyper. So tonight I will go out to the shed and do some skipping if it's still raining. If not, I'll go for a jog for my Burnie 10 training.

And no choccies today :lol:

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby KimE » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:07 pm

Doing good Tegan. It's been mighty windy in Melbourne too...it sucks! Best of luck with the Burnie 10 training...remember to stretch.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:35 pm

yeah, bout that...

Turned out I had a seminar to go to so I didn't get home till 6:30 and have yet to get around to getting out there and it has gotten REAALLY cold.

No, sod it, as soon as I finish checking through the posts on here, I'm going to go out and skip.

Oh, I didn't have a choccie :D

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:51 pm

well, I did go and do it.

30min of continuous skipping and 10 min stretching. I considered doing 1 hr, but after last time, I thought I'd ease into it.

I think skipping is going to be a good training substitute for running in bad weather since the action and the muscle groups are relatively similar. But next time I will try to avoid jogging/skipping after a meal to avoid stitches.

I also should compile a playlist of good workout songs. I was listening to internet radio and it's great when you get a good song (I like Pink and Avril Lavigne at the moment) really hyped up aggro, go get em songs. Yeah!! They come on and I go fast and love it, mind you it's hard to sing along while skipping and all the jiggly bits are jiggling :lol:

So that's day 1 of my official Burnie 10 training done and I LOVED it. It's funny how it's hard to drag yourself to do it, and then afterwards you're all pumped and off the wall!!! Yeah baby, endorphins!! woohoo.

Ok, I'm off now before I embarrass myself any further

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:52 am

hahaha you made me laugh. I get like that too some nights I'm so unmotivated to do my nightly exercises due to long day at work and being exhausted but after I finish the work out I'm like a mexican jumping bean and want to keep going hahaha. I love that 'feel good' feeling, makes the blues go away and boost your confidence and zest for life hahaha.

Skipping - gosh I tried that back earlier this year :shock: I could hardly last 5 minutes with all the jiggly bits whacking me in the face lol. It'll certainly get your heart pumping. I remember back when I was in primary school the heart foundation promoted skipping a lot.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby milkyway » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:42 pm

Hi Teagan, I'll look forward to reading about your progress as you train for the Burnie 10. It's great to have a goal like that in mind. And 30 mins of skipping? That's fantastic, you must be superfit. I always whack myself across the back of the legs and arms and end up with big red welts :lol: so I don't do much skipping anymore...

And good on you for saying no to the choccie - damn those fundraisers!!!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:05 pm

Well, unfortunately I developed a ripper headache yesterday (Saturday) so I just didn't feel up to anything really, let alone jogging. Saturdays I just seem to develop a headache through the day. I THINK it may be due to getting progressively dehydrated during the week then it hits me on Saturdays?? Or maybe it's cause I try to sleep in but this is usually disturbed by the bloke getting up for work?? I dunno.

But I did eat well. And I did spend the morning walking around market and town looking for jewelery for the wedding.

Then Today I went for a run this morning for 30 min. My calves are quite sore from the skipping, despite stretching, and I'm thinking it's because I'm a cyclist, which is supposed to shorten the calves. I walked the first bit until my calves warmed up a bit.

As far as eating, today hasn't been TOOO bad. I had my tupperware party, and provided dips, cheese, crackers and fruit. And the theme was sticky date pudding. I did have some of all, but I had a light lunch to try and balance it out. The one thing I am a bit crabby with me for is eating a good couple of handfuls of mint m&m's which were part of the hostess gift. :evil: :oops:

Oh well. Back on my bike tomorrow.

I have got my eating back under control again i think. I am focussed back on it. Particularly now I've gone up another kilo. :oops: :cry:

I will succeed

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:49 pm

Hey Tegan!

Sounds like you're doing well, good job on the skipping, man it's hard work!! My calves start to burn after about 30 seconds of it :lol: :lol: Don't worry too much about the extra kilo, it'll be off in no time!!
The reason for the headaches could possibly be because you're so busy during the week and finally on Saturdays when you get a chance to slow down, it hits you? Talk about spoiling your weekend though!!

Looking forward to hearing how you go this week :)
Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby KimE » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:39 pm

30 mins skipping is great! I have a skipping rope but am yet to try it out, it's blimmin cold outside.

Know what you mean about the agro music it really gets you pumped for working out.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:52 pm

Thanks everyone!

I did really well today. Rode in to work despite it being about 0 degrees with a killer frost and fog then ate well all day and resisted the evil fundraiser work choccies AND in the arvo when I wanted milk and was tossing up between cereal and milo, I just had a glass of milk (I know, outrageous idea, but it worked!! LOL)

I've also worked out a way to work jogging more into my routine which is once or twice a week to go in to town with neighbour or the bloke and then jog to uni.

Butterfly_Dawn

Next

Return to Personal Progress