It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:15 pm

Free Newsletter

Angela's Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:17 pm

haha yeah i had my hair growing for my wedding, but when we decided to buy a new car first i cut my hair off and got it styled LOL. back to growing it now
kate_turner2000

Postby Ophir » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:21 pm

When is yours planned for?
Ophir

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:35 pm

Ophir wrote:When is yours planned for?

LOL its not planned - yet! haha. we have been engaged for over 3 years... dont have the money to get married yet but we are thinking of eloping
kate_turner2000

Postby Ophir » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:43 pm

That would be nice! I wanted to elope, but FH wouldnt let me as his mum wouldnt like it....well the woman has shown no interest in the day whatsoever. Im beyond the point of caring what she thinks now!
Ophir

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:17 pm

Man weddings suck finance wise. We're really trying to keep cost down because we both feel that really expensive huge weddings would be silly for us, but it still costs a packet.

Celebrant $200 I think
Ceremony venue $300 for the garden, $500 for indoor if it rains
Dress at the moment is looking at around $400 in material and is being made by the bloke's sister
Cake (cupcake tree) $400
Reception venue - $100 hire, price for catering (finger food) to be decided, looking around $300 probably - paid for by parents
Hair - approx $200. Makeup to be done by me and my sis

So far that's around $2100 if it rains.
Flowers, invitations and the boys suits yet to be costed. And there will need to be some money over the bar. So probably $3000 ish total

Given we were aiming for a Dutch (cheap) $2000 wedding for a guest list of approx 70 we're not doing too badly and we have been gifted $1000 to help with it all which is handy - but this has meant a lot of running around and much creative thinking to keep it down to that.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby oostevens » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:21 pm

well my wedding was um....i guess exspensive ha ha but my parents helped us out :) i am now paying them back...

Dress - 800 :)
make up for me (included in photography price....near $2000 :s but i got touch ups all day and the pics were amazing)
make up for 4 gals - $50 all up/including hair
my hair - $180
flowers -$200 (migh have been cheaper)
cake - um..... $unsure :p
Hubby suit - $180 hire
cars - free
Place - ooh um $up to 1000 maybe (wedding and reception)
Celebrant - free
Bar tab paid by hubby's parents.
bridesmaid dresses $180 each but they bought it :p not me

They do cost a bit :P i had friends helping with girls hair/make up and cars and flowers and the celebrant was my pastor :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:32 pm

yeah it really helps when you know people who can do these things. Our ceremony music will be played by a friend of my sis and a friend of his who play violin.

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Ophir » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:41 pm

Ours is costing somewhere around $10K, but that does include the reception which my parents are paying for, bar tab (in laws are paying 2/3 of it), a refundable deposit for the reception and cat boarding for 10 days!
Ophir

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:15 pm

hey angela is sad that your mother in law isnt making much of an effort :( have you told her so? lol. my mil will be upset if we elope but we will probably have a bbq thing when we get back so everyone can join in the festivities. im marrying her only son ;)
kate_turner2000

Postby Ophir » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:47 pm

Kate - i not really. I did call her once before the engagement party and made the effort to chat to her. She hasnt called me at all though, but is quite happy to go off and give all the extended family the impression they are being invited.

I decided not to make anymore effort after the engagement party. She came up here 2 days before the party and was staying 5 mins from my parents. She called the night she arrived (thursday) and asked what needed to be done. I gave her the list of things and she decided that we didnt need any help. I offered my parents number to her and she said "if i want it, ill ask for it". I told her she could come over at any time...she didnt drive the 5mins to my parents once. I was out there on the friday doing things and drove past her motel a number of times and her car was always there. Her and the whole family then turned up over an hour late to the party....nice! It was a nice slap in the face to my parents who worked their buts off to have their house ready (they only moved in in May, party was start of July). They had to paint the whole thing, have new carpet put in and redo the back yard. They also paid for the whole party - at least $2k.

The house rennos were a big ask considering mum works full time and has been working lots of overtime as well and dad has been having a few problems with his heart.

FMIL is quite well off - she is also very selfish. So i save myself the stress and just ignore her now. Every email i send asking for info for the wedding goes unanswered etc. I did send her an email asking for her to buy us a saucepan set as a wedding present. We have picked out a fantabulous 10 piece scan pan one. Its only $400!
Ophir

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:36 pm

thats really sad angela that she isnt making the effort but as you said its not worth the stress and its better just to ignore her lack of interest. at least you can say you guys did it on your own (with your families help) if she ever implies that she did heaps to help
kate_turner2000

Postby Ophir » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:47 pm

Yep it is. The whole saga a shown a side to her that we hadnt seen before and it is really disappointing.

Grant's 14 year old sister has shown more excitment and interest and i have never me her! They have the same father. Im thinking of giving her the MIL's corsages and the boys buttonholes to hand out. Its a small job that she could do and i think she would like.

I had initially given her the details of the hairdresser that i am going to on the wedding morning...i really hope she hasnt booked in while we are there. I might be sneaky and call and check! The wedding is in Jervis Bay and she is traveling up from Albury. I had to do the same thing with the engagement cake. I asked her to order it 4-6 weeks out from the party. 10 days before she still hadnt! Same with chasing up some family on RSVP's. Emailed her a week before i needed to know. Rang her on the close of date and she still hadnt done it...then did the dumb act that she does. We needed to know numbers as it was being catered.

What is your MIL like? Mum really doesnt know what to do as my grandmother was always so interested in everything and helpful.

The only thing that she can claim to have done is invite 6 people (we gave into 4) and cost us a bunch more money!
Ophir

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:58 pm

oh what a crappy situation. both the blokes and my families are great, laid back, offer to help but not taking over etc. But I can see how it could happen. There are some aunts and uncles on both sides who I could see having been a pain if they had been our parents (no names mentioned).

Just keep doing what you're doing and soldier on. She'll be a pain regardless of what you do more than likely.

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:24 pm

my mum in law is pretty cool. she is always telling people how great i am its embarrassing. her and my fil have offered to pay towards a wedding and when we recently brought a car she said 'oh i was hoping to see a wedding before a new car' because she is so excited by it all. she was awesome with the engagement party and they paid for the cake and they did the meat and my family did the salads and rolls. my mum and step dad wont pay for anything but i understand they cant afford it and all. so we will be paying for a wedding on our which is one of the reasons we wanted to elope so we get a honeymoon and wedding in one!
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:11 am

just now Kate I'd be happy to elope just to cut the damn planning in half. :roll: Wedding planning sucks...period.

Butterfly_Dawn

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress