It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:37 am

Free Newsletter

ISparkyI's progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

ISparkyI's progress

Postby ISparkyI » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:35 am

Well just a quick report to say what I started from and what I am at now.

I started around the 120 kilo mark . . I am now at 92 kilos and still want to lose a few more . .

My pants size when I started was 112 cms . . I am now wearing 92 cms . .

But I think the most important thing would have to be how i feel in general . . I have more energy than I have ever had before . . and I am able to sleep much sounder without waking up every couple of hours . .

And believe it or not . . I am nowhere near as hungry as I was before . .

I still have 2 glasses of water before eating which I think has been a major factor throughout.

The biggest thing though is knowing it can be done . . and its sites like this one that show other people going through the same battle. So make sure to take every little bit of advice in your stride.

Shaun
Nothing Ventured . . Nothing Gained . . .

ISparkyI

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:57 am

shaun well done mate, you should be really proud of yourself. its amazing not only how great you look on the outside but how great you feel on the inside too. even people who dont have a weight problem can really benefit from making healthy choices. you are very inspiring and looking forward to seeing some pics ;)
kate_turner2000

Postby ISparkyI » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:07 am

Hey thanks a lot kate . . has been a lot of hard work but definitely no heading back the other direction now . .

ISparkyI

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:09 am

good for you mate. you will be set for life now :)
kate_turner2000

Postby sassi » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:19 am

that's a fantastic loss so far shaun!

you've done such an amazing job, good luck with those last few kilos :D
sassi

Postby ISparkyI » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:33 am

Yeah the last few kilos are the worst . . think the main problem at the moment is I am not sure what weight to aim for . .

Guessing around the 85 kilo mark would be fine . . dont wanna be a rake or anything like that . . prefer at least having a bit of bulk :lol:

Shaun

ISparkyI

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:22 am

hey shaun i am the same. i like to have a bit of weight on me cos it does suit me- im happy to be a 12-14 in clothes and would never strive for a size 8 or anything. maybe just strive for your 85kg and as you continue you when you get to a stage you are happy at then you can re evaluate where you want to be?
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:29 am

Hi Shaun first of all congrats on your weight loss!! 28kg is an amazing loss...

I agree with the advice from Kate...get down to your 85kg mark and then re-evaluate from there....that is when you can ask yourself "am I happy at this weight", "do I need to lose more" or even "do I need to gain a little bit back" (Kim one of our maintainence ladies was aiming for a certain weight but decided it made her look too gaunt and gained back around 3kg) It really is all a matter of how YOU feel about yourself.

I wish you all the best with losing that last 7kg and look forward to reading your future progress! 8)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Ophir » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:37 am

Thats a fantastic loss! Like Kate & Ally have said, get to 85kg and see how you feel.

I was originally going to aim for 55kg, but after seeing photos of another girl my height etc at 58kg on another forum and looking like a rake and unhealthy, i decided it was right for me. She gained back 3 kg and now looks fantastic. So that is what i am aiming for. I am solid, but short, so i still want to keep my curves.
Ophir

Postby milkyway » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:57 pm

That's a great loss, Shaun and you're looking really good!

As for your goals, there's no problems with shifting them once you get there - you'll work out what's the best weight/size for you :)

Keep us updated on your progress.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Return to Personal Progress