It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:38 am

Free Newsletter

Esoterics Diet Journal

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:35 am

hehe sara i like the teeth and white fur thing. im like that once a month ;) hehe

dont be disheartened by the gain, its probably fluid like mine is! are you eating enough and drinking enough water? sometimes rice can absorb water which is probably why you are hanging onto the fluid?
kate_turner2000

Postby esoteric » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:24 pm

Thanks kate, I think I would cuter like that. lol

I have been away, interviewing and showing up at work now! Yay I got a wonderful new job and the people are great. I feel its going to be a wonderful year.

Anyhow on to my personal progress weight wise. I weighed myself this morning and I am at 85. I have never managed to be below 86 in the past few years. I hit that mark this morning. I do feel lighter. When I started to lose I was at 92.

The other day when I went to look at the school I could have had a cinnamon bun but I didn't eat it with Magdy and Jenna and it was huge. It was a big temptation but it wasn't overwhelming me. Instead I boxed what Jenna couldn't eat and brough it home let everyone have some, I did take a bite at that time and that's what I left it at.

Yesterday

B: I had 1/2 cup oatmeal but I suspect Jenna ate most of it

L: a bowl of beans but not pinto another kind that they have here with whole wheat pita bread

D: Chicken thigh and leg boiled in soup with vegetables

I did an hour of walking and then I did 2 sets of 10 leg lifts to work the abdominen. You know where you lay down and slowly raise your legs up and down but not touching the floor only parallel with it. I wanted to do 3 sets but I couldn't handle it.

The day before I did my triceps with 3 sets of 10 where you come forward off the chair holding the arms with your legs out in front of you, then you raise and lower yourself holding on to the arms of the chair. I felt that yesterday.

I think I will do one day legs and stomach and the next day arms and just rotate it because I am losing weight quickly but I do find that my stomach is getting kinda flabby. Plus muscle burns 10 times more calories.

Today I had

B: bowl of those beans and whole wheat pita, Magdy cut me 3 slices of coffee cake, about 2 inches circumference and thin, I ate only one it was like 3 bites and I gave the other 2 slices to the kids.

I had coffee with sugar and creamer but I figured I have been good on the diet and I will not give up. I will see this thing through until I am where I want to be weight wise.
esoteric

Postby esoteric » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:29 pm

Ahh my new ticker update it's moving yay.

esoteric

Postby shelbel » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:45 pm

You sound really positive and well done on the new job i'll bet its a welcome relief for you.

And yay on your ticker movement, always feels good to get it moving in the right direction! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:58 am

hey sara that ticker is looking awesome, you have come such a long way already and i think your family would be really proud of you :) congrats on the job! thats wonderful news :) who looks after the kiddies whilst you work?

yay for the exercise!!! its good when you can feel it! :) it sounds like you are being sensible in your exercise too which is good :)

i drooled when i read about the cinammon bun. lol. i would love one right now. hehe.

keep up the great work!
p.s. how far do you live from the pyramids?!
kate_turner2000

Postby esoteric » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:58 am

Thanks Kate and Shelbel,

I actually cheated just now, I took an ice-cream cone that had a chocolate top. The kids came in and gave it too me when I got home. :oops:

B: 1 cup oatmeal and 3 sugars

L: didn't eat

D: chicken thigh and leg, vegetable soup and basmati rice

I don't think I can exercise today I feel exhausted and after cleaning the sticky tack off of the class walls from the previous teacher I am tired and I have a blister on my thumb. :( But it is so nice to have my own classroom . :D
I and the porter were the only ones there today.

My husband is looking after the kids, they will start school next week. If he finds a job than I have a nursery close to my house that I can enroll her into.

About the pyramids, I am about an 1/2 hour drive away from them. They still amaze me, but since I used to work next door to them, I would hardly notice when I passed by them, just like all the locals. :D

I need to sleep, I should exercise. I went to bed at 3 am and got up at 9. Have a good day and keep your head up it only gets better from here.

esoteric

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:08 am

hey sara what an amazing life you lead. im sure you miss the states though :( the new job sounds great!! seems like an important but worthwhile job :) what languages do you speak over there?

well done on the loss this week you should be proud of yourself. i dont think the choc top ice cream will make much of a dent in your weightloss, just keep doing the right things and it will all balance out :)

xooxx
kate_turner2000

Postby esoteric » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:40 am

Hi kate, at school we have of course English, then Arabic and French. The kids speak a multitude of different languages but only at home. :D

My weight doesn't seem to have changed much this week guess it was the lack of exercise and having too much meat.

OH I haven't had any coffee in a week, I am glad to kick that habit, but it was so tasty. :( I have to try for more flavored teas, to not feel at such a loss.

I have been very bad about logging in to track my progress but I have been very good about my diet.

Most breakfasts I have a piece of fruit and a few grapes. :D

Lunch lately it has been a cucumber and maybe a fava beans sandwich with whole wheat pita. :D

Dinner while its the usual some broiled meat and a side of vegetables, or a side of basmati rice :D

Not too bad but I think eating meat daily is not helping me progress in my diet.

Sun & Mon I didn't do my hour exercise I was just to exhausted, but I did do it on Tues and Wed. I will try to tackle my exercise tonight.

esoteric

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:10 am

hey sara
good thinking about the flavoured teas, you wont feel such a loss then and it is replacing the coffee with something better :)

you sound so busy !!! AND you are a mum, i dont know how you fit it all in hehe.

nice to see you around again though make sure you stay in touch :)
kate_turner2000

Postby esoteric » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:10 pm

Weigh in day today.

L: Had a bowl of pasta, with boiled chicken and mushroom broth, with some diet sprite

D: Had another bowl of pasta, with boiled chicken and mushroom broth, and some water

Jenna helped me with both bowls. :lol: I can't seem to get myself to drink flavored tea, I miss the taste of coffee still but I will kick that habit, it's nothing but a headache with 3 heaps of creamer and 3 or 4 t. of sugar.

Exercised for an hour and I have been keeping up on rotating between arms and stomach exercise. My daughters helped with the stomach exercise layed down beside me and raised their legs to try it out. It's funny seeing a 22 month old trying that.

esoteric

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:37 pm

omg sara isnt it funny being a mum sometimes. it makes me laugh that my daughter is always trying to eat what i am eating even if she has her own serving lol. we have nicknamed her 'SEAGULL" lol

you seem to be doing really well. how do you feel in yourself?
kate_turner2000

Postby esoteric » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:28 pm

Hi Kate,

Yeah kids are funny like that, so true about the seagull part, I think of mine sometimes as a vulture and my plate is her prey.

I am feeling so much better, it isn't the food but the exercise that gives me the boost. It's still a chore that I do at the end of the day before sleeping so I can take a shower and lay down for the night.

I used to be a 5 o'clock riser so I can do my morning walk then come and take a shower and start the day but for some reason this before bedtime seems to have a positive effect on me. I find the dinner I ate moves through my system faster, and I have to go usually half an hour into exercising.

Things at work are coming along very nicely also so that helps, they ordered McDonalds on Wednesday and I was tempted to join in and order, but I refused on second thought. I am glad they didn't eat that in front of me or I might have been drooling. :lol:

esoteric

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:17 pm

hey sara

i like working out of a night too :) dont know why. i think its because heidi is in bed, everything is done for the day i can get in and give it my best shot and then i can unwind and relax :)

what sort of things do they have at an egyptian mcdonalds?
kate_turner2000

Postby esoteric » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:14 am

Hi Kate,

McDonalds here is very typical, they do have some specials related to the culture of the people. I miss those breakfast sausage patties on a biscuit. No breakfast items in Egypt, it opens here after 10 a.m. I think in the states it was a 24 hour deal, but its been so long I don't remember.

Here's a link for a McFalafel. I have never tried and I don't think I probably ever will. I eat at McD's rarely. Hopely it will stay that way.

How are you feeling now Kate? I do hope you are feeling better.
Love,
Sara

esoteric

Postby esoteric » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:16 am

esoteric

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress