It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:00 pm

Free Newsletter

Pigs *CAN* fly :)

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Pigs *CAN* fly :)

Postby oostevens » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:33 pm

OK here is the 'low down'

I am 22 :) been married for 1yr and 4mths to an amazing guy and have gained about 15kgs in the process :p something to do with 'comfort' people keep telling me ha ha ha

Well, i have started many many diets/eating plans, only to fail within a week (stupid chocolates and yummy takeaway and lack of motivation to exercise)

Recently, I decided I actually WANT to lose weight now, cos i kinda realised how bad i look ha ha.

I stumbled across this forum, still am unsure how, but it was fate.

Since being apart of this forum, reading the stories, advice and support I have already started changing my lifestyle.

I never use to drink water, i dunno why, just didnt like it, but i have for the past 3 or so days now, drunk 1.5-2L a day which is unbelievable. I love it, i can stomach it now and i enjoy it :)

Also, I have actually worked out everyday this week, which is amazing cos i recon i was born with a motivation deficiency :p

I know that this is going to continue, i feel different about it all this time, i enjoy working out, just working through it all, pushing harder, the accomplishment you feel afterwards, ahh its awesome.

The hubby is so proud of me, and i must say i am too ha ha.

I am one to quit when the going gets tough, and so far i have hit one snag, and i continued on.

I dont even feel like chocolates or takeaway now, i am happy drinking my water and eating better...

Its amazing how having people there supporting you and encouraging you and offering advice can really do.

Thankyou all so very much for kicking my up the backside and getting me moving :p

And the said pigs cant fly, well today my friend, they do :)

0.5kgs lost, 23.5kgs to go, look out fat! I' out to get ya!!! :D

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

Postby milkyway » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:44 pm

Good on you Rach! You sounds really positive :D

It's all about making those small changes that quickly become habit (such as drinking water) which add up to big changes in the long run.

Don't think that any foods are definite no-gos ... just work them into your daily calorie limit. The more you deny yourself, the more you're likely to binge on them down the track and then feel like a failure, which you aren't! But if you're feeling strong and that you don't need that rotten takeaway or chocolate, by all means, don't eat it :P

And I know what you mean about wanting to lose the weight. It's one of those 'light bulb' moments. Until you want it for you, you can't be 100% committed and it sounds like you are. I look forward to hearing more about your progress :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:53 am

everything sandra has said i agree with. :) :D

im glad to hear that the forum is helping you make some great changes in your life rach. the first few days are the hardest but once you are in a routine with your food, water and exercise it flows. looking forward to seeing those kilos melt away :)

Return to Personal Progress