It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:27 pm

Free Newsletter

Danielle's Progress :)

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Danielle's Progress :)

Postby danielle* » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:35 pm

Heya everyone!

I've wanted to start one of these for a while and I've finally gotten around to it, mainly because I felt inspired today. I've lost 5.5 kilos so far and today I bought a new outfit and guess what! I bought size 16 instead of size 18 jeans, and I got a size Large top instead of an XL. AND I went for a walk and I could run for 4 minutes straight which was really cool because in July I couldn't even run for a minute straight. I was so excited :)

I think for every three kilos I lose from 81.5 kilos I'm going to buy myself a new top, because I only have about two good ones, and it's not heaps of money wasted even though I'm still losing weight.

I think this progress journal will be really good not just for the physical stuff, like eating and exercise, but for the masses of mental things that are happening in my head through this weight loss. I drive myself insane quite often.

Anyway I have to go to sleep now, I'm absolutely exhausted- left for work at 6:45am this morning, got home from yoga at 9:30pm, and tomorrow I'll have to leave for work at 6:30am. Blah.

Farewell lovelies :)
danielle*

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:29 am

hey danielle ive been reading your weigh ins exercise diarys and you are doing a great job. i bet you must be feeling really good in yourself knowing that you are losing the weight and gaining the confidence you deserve to have. the top buying reward sounds like a great idea :) theres lots of trendy stuff out now in time for summer. i find the progress section excellent as well. even if no one else reads it at least it gives me a place to vent about things and get things off my chest including thoughts and experiences. keep up the great work
kate_turner2000

Postby madeline » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:58 am

hehe I think the top idea is a fantastic idea :)

you're doing great danielle, keep it up hun!
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby grugwashere » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:28 am

CONGRATS ON THE FAB WEIGHT LOSS!!!

you must be veryyyy excited...

im looking forward to reading your progress!
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby slimmindown » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:31 am

wow what a great feeling to go down a clothe size, better than any chocolate bar can give you hey,,

well done 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby oostevens » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:00 am

I noticed that i had gone bak down to a 14 rather than a 16 and i was over the moon :) i was soo happy and yeah so enjoy :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby lng86 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:28 am

That is a great idea! Good luck. I'm looking forward to reading all about your progress.

Best wishes,
Lauren.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:47 pm

Hi there Danielle :)

Well done on your weight loss so far, sounds like you're going really well :D The idea of getting yourself a new top for every few kilo's you lose is a fantastic one! That'll definitely keep you on track because sometimes we forget how far we've come! Maybe you could even do up a little Progress Chart for the fridge/your bedroom where you can mark off every few kilo's gone and mark when it's time for a new top? Just an idea!

Good luck on the rest of your weight loss, by the sounds of it you have it sussed out completely and are on a roll!! :D
Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby danielle* » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:48 am

I am so bad at updating this thing!

You guys are all so lovely :) I'm quite excited about the top thing- I've only got 1.6 kilos left now until a new one! Hopefully I can achieve that in two weeks from now, or that's the goal anyway.

Well, currently I am sitting at home eating an orange and waiting for the NRMA guy to come, because I am stupid and locked my keys in my car :roll:

I've had an okay week eating wise- binged last Thursday which I wasn't proud of, but the other days were fine. Yesterday I ate more than my recommended calorie intake but I just wanted to have one normal day where I wasn't restricting my intake because my dad was playing at a festival and it was a once in a while treat. I feel like it's ok if I factor it in and plan for it.

Exercise wise I've been a bit crap! Calorie King says my daily average exercise is 17 mins which is a bit atrocious. I didn't do any on one day last week and only did about 20mins on most of the other days so this week there is going to be no slacking off!!

And a question now- my uncle, who is a bit of a fitness freak, said to me yesterday that I look like I've lost more weight, which is cool, because I think I have too and I'm happy about it. And then he asked me how much I've lost, and I told him, and I was just really embarrased by the whole conversation. Because I've been trying to pretend to everyone that I'm not trying to lose weight, I keep saying I'm just trying to be healthier (which is true too, but still). Because I hate the thought that everyone could see how big I was before and that no matter how much I tried to hide it it was there and real and now losing weight implies to me anyway, that I was big enough to have to lose it.

Does that make any sense?? Does anyone else feel like this? I'm so embarrassed about the whole thing in real life. I just want to be a healthy weight before I go to uni and pretend like it just wasn't a period in my life.

Peace out.
danielle*

Postby lng86 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:43 am

I completely agree with everything you just said. It is amazing how much more comfortable you are in your own skin once you start losing even a small amount of weight. I went to Bondi yesterday afternoon and when I caught glimpses of myself in a mirror etc - I felt so proud of how far I've come already. It was so hot - and I wasn't embarrassed to wear a denim skirt and t-shirt.

We all have to start somewhere - don't be ashamed. It's a great feeling... And you will feel even better the closer you get to your goal weight.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:52 am

hey danielle you are doing great so far :) apparently its not bad for your metabolism to have a couple of days where your calories are higher :) as for your uncle and feeling embarrassed- dont be! you should be proud of the fact that you are doing something to your body to make yourself healthier and happier. dont look at it as a diet but lifestyle changes that you can keep up with for life. when family members ask you about whats happening just keep it brief. that way you arent setting yourself up for 'failure' in their eyes and you can go on your merry way :)
kate_turner2000

Postby danielle* » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:41 pm

Long time no update.

I'm doing ok, my eating has improved heaps from last week where it was all binge binge binge but it's still not where I'd like it to be. And the exercise is improving so on the whole better, which is good, but I'm still kind of upset about the gain in my weight this week from last weeks craziness. But I haven't changed my ticker, heh.

Anyway. That's it for now. I'm getting sick and hence am very tired. Plus I think I did something to my back at yoga yesterday, it kills to bend forwards or lean backwards so I'm having some issues! Anyway managed to get a physio appointment tomorrow with Jim who's fantastic, so hopefully I'll know what's wrong soon. If it's just sore muscles that's good because I have a bad back/neck etc. anyway so I can deal with that. Just.. very sore.

Oh and. My head has issues connecting eating well and exercising and stuff to losing weight. It's almost like two seperate things to my mind so often it's hard to find motivation to say, eat well, because I don't connect it to weight loss. If that makes any sense!! So I'm going to try to start a star chart like I've seen other people here have, although I haven't worked out the details yet. And with material things as rewards hopefully I can improve that!

Hope all you lovlies are going well :)
danielle*

Postby danielle* » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:18 pm

Also- I'm going out for brekkie tomorrow, right, with one of my friends to celebrate the end of school. There's this lovely meal they have, a bagel with ricotta, tomato and basil. How does that sound in terms of calories?? I don't want to blow the whole day only at breakfast...
danielle*

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:18 am

hey danielle i have no idea how many cals are in the bagel however i know that if i have a meal like that where i dont know the cals i make the other two meals of the day as healthy as possible to outweigh the big meal i have. enjoy it! there are going to be times in your life where u have to eat things on special occasions that you wouldnt eat day to day.

hope you feel better soon, the star thing sounds great, it works really well for people if they stick to it. and having some rewards will motivate you :)
kate_turner2000

Postby danielle* » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:28 am

I've had a shocker these last two weeks with eating and I swear there is such a big change in everything when I don't eat well. I've been getting headaches, I've mostly been a censored to everyone, I'm really lacking in energy. And I really think it's because of eating bad stuff. So today, no matter how hard it is, I'm actually going to eat well, because it's driving me crazy that I can't seem to stop myself again and again from eating junk.

So, to kick it off:
Breakfast!

1 tub Ski D'lite Peach, 25g Special K topped with fresh mulberries and strawberries- about 310 calories.

Wish me luck for today!
danielle*

Next

Return to Personal Progress