It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:29 am

Free Newsletter

Michelle's Progress!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Michelle's Progress!

Postby help6363 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:08 am

Hello

I am new here.

My highest weight was arounf 90kg and I reached 58kgs and loved it! I put on weight because a guy told me to and stupid me did it. I am now out the realtionship and I am 68kgs......YUK!!! I guess, I am glad I ended it before I reached 90kgs again.

Tomorrow is my first day and I will be calorie counting and exercising.

1,200 calories per day

The gym 4 times a week

Reminder to self........ NEVER put on weight again........ maintain!

Oh..... how do I post pics here please?
help6363

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:50 am

hey michelle progress pages are a great place to jot down your thoughts and feelings and how you are going with your weightloss journey. looking forward to reading more about your progress :)

check this link out to add pics

http://www.weightloss.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1541
kate_turner2000

Postby Misstoodles » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:59 am

Welcome and congratulations on achieving such a massive weight loss to begin with, go you!

It's only 10kg and it'll come off nice and easily! Looking forward to reading about your progress :)

The way I upload my images to forums is through a website called Photobucket. Just sign up, upload your pictures on. Then the screen should display your images like this. Just do as the picture says, and paste it in your text-box when you create a post:)

Hope that helps!

Again, welcome :D
Misstoodles

Postby madeline » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:40 am

See where it says IMG code? highlight that on your photobucket and copy paste into your post = piccies.
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby help6363 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:08 pm

Hey

THANKS ...... for the information about how to upload the pics and the warm welcome! You are all fantastic. :D

Started my diet today..... ugh...... and back to the gym tomorrow.

Does anyone know if Fish Oil tablets have any calories in them?

Thanks once again! :D

Have a great day......... I will let you know how the gym goes.

Cheers
Michelle
help6363

Postby help6363 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:22 pm

My first weekly weigh in........ 64.9kgs....... I weigh less than I thought! That's with shoes on too... :D

Measurements.........

Waist 29.5
Hips 39.2
Upper legs 23 (both)
Bust 34.5

GOAL...... 58 kgs (or even 58.8kgs, I was happy there!)

Yes I am pear shaped.........

Have a couple of quick questions.........

1. Does fish oil tablets have calories?

2. Weight training....... when I do it it takes about 5 weeks to see a shift on the scales. If I do weight training can I still make it to my goal weight?

I know, silly questions!

I feel good today and have written up menus consisting of 1,200 calories. It's food that I like, so it makes it that much easier to stick to.

Thanks once again lovely people for replying to my first journal and for giving me information about how to upload pics!

Have a great day!

Michelle
help6363

Postby madeline » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:30 pm

I'm really mad at weight training right now so I'm probably not the best person to ask... I put on 3kgs (from 59- 62) in 12 days doing weights and cardio 10 times. There's total truth behind the theory that weight loss is 60% diet, 40% exercise!

And fish tablets, gosh I have no idea.

Nice to see another girl with similar goals, I wish you all the very best hun :-)
madeline

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:27 pm

Hiya, welcome to the forums!

In answer to your questions -

1. Yes, fish oil tablets do have calories! Vitamins such as Vitamin B etc don't, but any tablets that are "oily" tablets like fish oil, omega 3 tablets, flaxseed oil etc contain calories. 1 gram (1000mg) = 9 calories.

2. Yes! Of course you can still get to your goal weight by weight training, in fact it will HELP you! Muscle does weigh more than fat so when you build muscle you may possibly have an initial gain. But muscle burns calories more efficiently than fat does, so it revvs up your metabolism and helps you lose weight!

Hope this helps :)
Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby esoteric » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:36 pm

Hi Michelle,

Welcome, I am sorta new here too been hear a few weeks and others on this forum are totally helpful. Again welcome and hope to see you around.

Sara

esoteric

Postby help6363 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:37 pm

Thanks for replied and the information, you are all so lovely!

I've stuck to my diet so far....YAH! Did heaps of shopping ...... looking at all those lovely clothes I will buy when I lose weight.

Back to the gym tomorrow....

Have a great day!

Cheers

Michelle
help6363

Postby Bread-Monster » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:31 pm

The calories in fish oil are good for you. Fish oil is omega 3, essential fatty acid. Your body needs it so it's not going to just turn it into fatty deposits in your adipose tissues.
Current weight 50.4kg
Current Fat % 13.5%

Fat % 14.0%

-Si vis Pacem Para bellum-
Bread-Monster

Postby help6363 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:22 pm

Thanks for the information about the Fish Oil tablets. I will keep taking them and just count them into my calories each day.

OMG.... went to the gym......

here's what I did ......

weight training (upper body 1/2 hour, do lower body tomorrow)

did RPM class, that's the stationary bike riding class and I love it.

Stuck to diet! Drunk water........

The day looks like it seems great but OMG people annoy me. I went to have coffee with people and they all gave me the crappiest (yes I know that's not a word hehhehe) advice about diets........

One person tried to tell me that I should not exercise too much cause your heart only pumps a certain number of times and exercsie increases it ....... so don't exercise....... WTF! Can you believe I thanked her for the advice without laughing? Think I should enrol in an acting course?

Another person tried to tell me that she once had a friend that ate healthy and exercised two hours a day and the only unhealthy thing she did was eat 2 small squares of chocolate and she was size 18. Anyway, she reckons she cut out the two small squares of chocolate and magically became a size 8 ....... do these people seriously think I am stupid? Did she really think I believed the story?

What gets me is assumptions are so readily made.....they think cause I have put on weight that I know nothing and that I am so stupid to just follow any crap advice.

Oh..... my favourite of the day....... here it goes......... I was told to get really slim all I had to do was eat nothing bigger than the size of my head. Of course, I wanted to find out her explanation ...here's what she said....look at animals we never feed them anything bigger than the size of their heads and they maintain a good weight. OMG...... I cannot believe people tell other people these theories.

Anyway, the above are the top three crappiest diet tips I have got for today....

sorry about the rant!
help6363

Postby madeline » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:28 pm

LOL what a nutcase!
madeline

Postby Bread-Monster » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:19 pm

those are bizarre dieting tips! Very funny though. I would've asked them to take their own advice and get back to me in 6 months time.

Really, in the end I believe there are no short cuts. You have to cut your calorie intake and exercise. No pills, no bizarre diets, no fat busting machine things can get you down to a healthy weight.
Current weight 50.4kg
Current Fat % 13.5%

Fat % 14.0%

-Si vis Pacem Para bellum-
Bread-Monster

Postby help6363 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:55 pm

Hey, yer I should have told them to follow their own advice and get back to me in six months. Instead, I just sat there pretending to listen and thanking them for their pathetic advice!

The problem, AS I SEE IT, they are naturally skinny and have never had to fit the battle of the bulge. Ugh...... the battle of the bulge is one hard battle!

Thanks for the replies!
help6363

Next

Return to Personal Progress