It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:14 am

Free Newsletter

Michelle's Progress!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby help6363 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:39 pm

Thanks for the replies and support beautiful gals! :D

I know....that's good advice, I need to slow down and relax! :D

I binge ate because someone (well a sales assistant) told me I looked fat a couple of days ago. I walked into a shop and she told told me that they do not have size 14 clothes.......I was just looking at the clothes. Besides, I am not size 14. I don't know .....I just got all upset and I am now parnoid about weightloss! People and their comments. I really get sensitive about those comments and they eat at me for days on end ....hence, I binge ate last night! Ugh! I know, my own fault!! I am so parnoid about fat % now because I must look way bigger than I am. I think I may need to book an appt with a counsellor, this is eating away at me and I know it's my problem, not the sales assistants problem. It's such a small, simple comment! I don't know why I get so sensitive! At least I did not starve myself this time.

I really want to get to goal weight by FEB. FEB everything gets busy again! I just want to be on maintence.

Booking the appt with the counsellor now! :D

Thanks once again beautiful gals!
help6363

Postby chubbywife79 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:42 pm

Michelle I think it great you going to see a counsellor, even though your welcome to vent on here or just ring me if you need to let it out.
chubbywife79

Postby GoddessInside » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:48 pm

Bah to that sales assistants ! Pfft imagine what she would have said to me !!!

You do what is best for you hun, you have an abundance of support here to help you along :)
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby help6363 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:54 pm

Thank you beautiful gals! :D
help6363

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:04 pm

Hey hun!

Sorry to hear about the binge and that stoopid biatch sales assistant! :( Don't listen to her!! You are gorgeous!!

Totally up to you if you want to increase your weight training from 2 days to 3, You could always try it and see. Just make sure you keep a day between weights workouts

A 5kg loss doesn't necessarily mean 5% body fat lost! Depends if there was any muscle gained or if it was just fat loss!

Don't stress girl, just go with the flow and be proud of yourself that you do so much exercise and eat so well :)

Em xoxo
zeedeveelgirl

Postby opal630 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:49 pm

I can't believe someone actually said that to you. Whilst I am paranoid they think those sort of things I have never had someone say something like that out loud. That would be something I'd be fuming over for days.

So far you sound like you're about a third of the way into a romantic comedy, you're getting out of the way the scenes where people are mean to you (ex and his girlfriend, bit part shop assistants, oh and that guy totally could have turned out to be Hugh Grant's character in Bridget Jones's diary, seems charming but is really just a tosser). So yep, you should be meeting Mr Darcy anytime now. Happy ending just around the corner.
First Mini Goal - 95 kilos: Done; Second Mini Goal - 90 kilos
SW: 102.8
CW: 93.8
GW: 56 -- reward = walking tour of Italy (my dream)
opal630

Postby milkyway » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:55 pm

That shop assistant is SUCH a cow!!! I've seen your pics and you look so fit and trim. Grrr.

Good on you for going to see a counsellor. Hope it all goes well for you.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Siana-leah » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:55 pm

hey michelle...
i wouldnt worry about what some sales assistant says to you....just think to yourself that you earn more than her....and ur a much nicer person.
Keep your goal in mind...remember that although there are careless and brainless people out there making comments like that...it is your life....(and believe me- comments like that stem from their own insecurities!)
See ya
Siana :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWJeIU2/]
[/url]
Siana-leah

Postby sassi » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:48 pm

hey michelle

how are you going? haven't seen you post in this thread for a few days :( hope everything is going a-ok with you :)
sassi

Postby shelbel » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:53 pm

I was thinking the same thing Sassi!

Hope your going ok Miss Michelle!! Come back and see us real soon :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Ally » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:39 am

:shock: how damn rude!! Some people should take a training course in manners as they obviously weren't bought up with any!! You are better than any untrue comments flung your way by a little upstart Michelle!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby help6363 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:52 am

Hey lovely people …..thanks for the concern and comments, you are all so sweet! :D

A follow up from the sales assistant: I wrote a formal complaint about the incident. She (the sales assistant) claims that I asked her to help select clothes and that she had to unfortunately inform me that their store does not carry the size that would fit me. The response was bulls@@t! The sales assistant lied! UGH! :evil:

Today, I realised I am unhappy. I reached goal weight (57kgs) today. I don’t feel any different, I don’t think I look different, I still feel like the fattest person in the room. Somehow I thought hitting goal would be different. To make matters worse, I was called fat today… I think it was a joke but I really don’t find it funny! I was chatting to this woman at the gym whom I don’t really like but she said hello so I had to be polite. Anyway, she was telling me that she loves squats….. I said, ‘oh, I hate squats but I do them’. She tapped me on the side of the arm and said, ‘oh you fat, lazy gal!’. She laughed. I really just wish people would leave out the word ‘fat’ when they describe me.

I sat outside the gym and the thoughts of all the people that constantly informed me that I was fat and I would have a no chance of meeting a guy due to my weight swan around in my head. I look at these people now and most of them have weight problems themselves now and now call me vain for calorie counting and going to the gym. Life’s weird….. the 2 years it took me to lose weight, they gained weight….first they call me fat (as if I did not know it), then I do something about it and they put on weight (they blame aging) and I lose weight and I am called vain. It really messed with my head being told I was no good enough for anything cause of my weight! I highly doubt I am the only person to feel this.

It’s a strange day today….my emotions seem to be everywhere and I thought I would feel differently when this day finally came around…… I am feeling sorry for myself, I just don’t know what the pay off is for doing it! Everyone has their feelings hurt, I am no different and other people just get on with it but I for some reason tend to hold onto my feelings and constantly relive them…. What’s wrong with me? No…don’t answer that LOL!

I keep playing two situations over and over in my head….. I had reached 70 kgs (so it was a fair while ago). I saw this couple I had not seen for ages…. At the time I had lost about 25kgs. Of course, they commented on my weight. Then the gal asked me to jump on the scales, I weighed in at 70kgs and she weighed in at 60kgs. She telephoned me about 2 weeks later and rubbed it in my face that she weighed less. Fast forward ….years later (it wasn’t that long ago), I saw her and she was overweight and I was about 58.5kgs. I never said anything about her weight Why are some women so competitive and cruel to other women about weight? Or am I just too sensitive?

The second situation….. When the guy dumped me and called me genetically inferior compared to the woman he met. I wasn’t trying to convince him to stay, he just said it. I was angry and hurt for so long after that…I spoke many men about this issue and tried to get a male’s perspective. Most males said the same thing: looks DO matter, weight DOES matter. As I look around me, I am not jealous of supermodels or famous women who are skinny, rich and beautiful….. I am jealous of all those women who have a partner who loves them for who they are, a partner that does not care about weight and so forth. I am jealous I never found that….. Jealous but happy for those people..

I don’t even know why I am writing this…..I think the main purpose is to try and figure it all out!

Anyway, thanks for reading my rant!
help6363

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:52 am

Hey there girly

Sounds like you're going through some tough times :( What a b*tch sales assistant to lie, of course she would though to cover her own butt!!!

57kg - girl, do you realise how small that is?!?!
I'm betting you look absolutely fantastic. But it does take the mind a while to 'catch up' with the body for sure. I still get days where I wonder "have I really lost that much weight?! I sure don't feel like I have!"
Some people don't think before they talk, so the lady calling you a 'fat, lazy gal' at the gym probably just meant it as a joke, and wouldn't have had any idea that you were bigger before!

As for that girl who had weighed 10kg lighter than you and then called you to rub it in your face - what a COW! You know some truly horrific people hun, and she was probably just jealous of you. Even though she weighed less, she probably didn't look like it!!!

There are plenty of guys out there who truly don't care about weight, and some guys who even prefer bigger women!! And trust me, there is a guy out there for you :) Nothing wrong with not having one for a while and waiting until the right one comes along. Why waste time on a no-hoper?

I hope even one thing I said helped, because I didn't make much sense there either and babbled a fair bit (surprise surprise :P) I hope you feel better because you DESERVE to!!!
Em xoxo
zeedeveelgirl

Postby help6363 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:09 am

Thanks zeedeveelgirl......I was having a sulk and feeling sorry for myself! You are a sweetie :D
help6363

Postby Fiona25 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:03 am

I know its way easier said than done but please try and ignore all these insensitive as*holes that have been way out of line with their comments.

The sales assistant was just a silly censored, I can't believe her!

And as for the other people, well, they probably view life as a game and they can't handle someone else doing better than them so have to bring them down for their own selfish reasons.

You're BEAUTIFUL and you have come such a long way and done so well! Try and surround yourself with people that appreciate you, rather than those who put you down to bring themselves up.

I think a counseller is a great idea for your self esteem.

Just take 5 minutes and reflect back on all your hard work, body changes, clothes changes, exercise and diet and you will soon see how hard you've worked, that you deserve this and you deserve to be happy and loved!
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress