It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:59 am

Free Newsletter

Sam's Prgress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Sam's Prgress

Postby Rustie » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:18 pm

Well let me just start by saying thanks to eveyone on here as you guys are a great bunch of people. I feel inspired to be more motivated.
Im Sam. 22 years old and currently 77kgs. Im only 5'2.
I finally worked out yesterday that im a perfectionist and thats why i push myself so hard at the gym. But if i fail or dont lose anything i just give up. Well now i have all of you on my case to keep my weight loss moving.
I always was a bigger built girl. After i quit gymnastics i seemed to put the weight on. Through high school i seemed to get into proportion with everything and then when i was just about to turn 15 i fell pregnant with my daughter. Well that was the biggest rollacoaster of mylife and she is now about to turn 7(on wednesday!!). After i gave birth i jumped on the scales and weighed in at 54kgs. I had never been that small in my life but i was really happy. Slowly i started putting on the weight and a major factor was over eating and the contraceptive shot. It caused my depression to finally be treated and pile on the weight. I have often looked in the mirror and told myself i need to slim down but never done anything about it. My son was born in Dec 2004 and at full term with him i weighed 89kgs an i remember feeling so heavy and uncomfortable that i said to my mum i could never be this weight. But i never really lost the baby weight and slowly i have now reached 80kgs. This is the heaviest i have evern been. So 2 weks ago i started on my journey to being to happy and healthy person i felt like 6 years ago.
Currently i have lot 3kgs. I know this isnt going to be easy but if you guys can then so can I!!

Thanks for all the support.

SW: 80kg
CW: 78.5kg
GW: 60kg
Rustie

Postby madeline » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:32 pm

Wow, rustie that really has been a rollercoaster, hun :shock:

I wish you all the best, we're really a nice group of people, feel free to ask anything, anytime :)

The best 'starting out' advice I can give you is to be brutally honest in this forum, if you binge, put it down in the confessional, if you eat something bad, put it down in the diet section or on your progress page. I find if you hide something, or pretend you did some exercise that you didn't, the only person you're fooling and hurting is yourself.

You'll be dropping the kgs in no time, I'm sure ♥♥
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:11 pm

hey sam thanks for sharing all the with us. you have been through heaps and i am more than glad to have you here to share your journey with us :)
kate_turner2000

Postby HappyBella55 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:14 pm

Hi Sam

I'm 22 yrs old too :D

Yep you have certainly come to the right place for the motivation and inspiration you need for your weight loss journey.

You have done so well so far, you should be proud of your efforts. The hardest hurdle is the beginning (I have found this- and still am at the beginning) because (and this is my own experience) you are not far in the weightloss phase to see good results so can easily sway to old habits. Perseverance is your friend :D

Madeline has given you some good tips- and she's so right - if you don't acknowledge it you are only lying to yourself and not helping yourself out.

G'luck with your journey :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:07 pm

Hiya Sam, thanks for sharing that with us. It is all about trial and error, so it can be a long journey. Bt stick with it cause even if the scales aren't moving anything you do is making you healthier!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Rustie » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:07 pm

I was very proud of myself today. Stuck to my program and have
been counting what i eat! Yesterday was my first day on the calorie king site and it made me open my eyes and realise of the intake i thought i had cut down on but hadnt really. So i update that now everytime i eat to watch my progress. Thanks for the support!!

Rustie

Postby shelbel » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:14 pm

Hi Sam, Just wanted to say good luck on your journey. It is such an eye opener to see whats really in foods calorie wise, there are so many foods out there that are very misleading! I hope you have a great week! :wink:
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Rustie » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:49 pm

Im so proud of myself. Yesterday i went way way over the calorie count but i have been watching it today and had a great workout. Im now under what i should have had. Im now so determined to lose this weight and be a healthy person and mum.
Ohh and i even had icecream cake tonight for my daughters brithday and i still stayed under the count... YAY!!

Rustie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:20 am

Hey Sam i hope that your daughter had a lovely birthday. it sounds like you are making some great decisions to better your health. you should be proud and so should your family.
kate_turner2000

Postby Rustie » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:04 pm

Well i better update and today i had my very first session with the personal trainer. My heart rate got so high that i had to lay down cause i thought i was gonna pass out. But within 5 mins i was fine and pushing more weights. Having the personal trainer there was enough to push me to a higher limit and im proud that i didnt whinge and i think i did very well!
We had a great chat and he is gonna personalise me a program. He gave me some great tips!
I should be eating 1500 calories a day. Eating my pastas and breads in the morning before i workout. It gives you the necessary sugars to push yourself. Protien after working out is best as it aids recovery. Hes very layed back in his approach but as he said you have to live life and aslong as we treat our bodies with respect it will show us the same.
The best comment he made was you can eat 1500 calories of ANYTHING!! As long as it is only that amount in the day you will be fine,.,..

Rustie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:10 pm

hey sam its great that the pt has inspired you and given you some tips. it definately helps so you know where you stand with your eating and what might be best for you personally :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Rustie » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:22 am

Well in the last week i have been such a good girl. Been watching what i eat and doing the exercise but the scales have not moved at all. It makes me feel what is the point of it all!
New week new challenge and my god i hope something starts to happen.

Rustie

Postby sassi » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:35 am

hey sam. it's tough when the scales don't move - especially when you've been doing everything you should!

our bodies are strange things though - it could be anything - sodium, totm, starting to use weights etc. are you taking measurements as well? sometimes you'll find yourself losing cm's even if the scales don't move.

and even without the scales moving, you're still becoming a fitter & healthier person (although i know that doesn't mean much when those damn scales haven't moved!)
sassi

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:05 pm

ditto to everything sassi has said. just keep doing the right things and the weightloss will start happening.
kate_turner2000

Postby Rustie » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:52 pm

i jumped on the scales at the gym and i had lost 100g and that was after a workout and water.

Rustie

Next

Return to Personal Progress