It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:23 am

Free Newsletter

Kims Journal

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Kims Journal

Postby wanabe_thin » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:28 pm

I have to stop putting myself last. I can no longer let my health suffer because I can't find the time to care for myself.

I have so little time to devote to myself as all three of my children have varying degrees of dissabillity from severe to mild and my husband works 12 hour days.

This year was supposed to be my year as I finally got the youngest of the school, but my eldest daugher has had two trips to intensive care in Melbourne children hospital 3 weeks the first time and 4 weeks the seccond and only went to school a total of 3 weeks since april school holidays! I've been so house bound it was depressing!

I think were over the worst of it now so I have to put myself at the top of the list.

I hope to use this journal to post the good and the bad of my day, my eating and my moods. Putting things down in writing helps me put things into perspective.

I'm off the pills for my depression and seem to have the worst of my compulsive eating under control. My blood sugar levels (I'm type 2 diabetic) are within safe levels but could be better.

This weeks challenge is to drink more water 2ltr a day and move more.

Yesterday I probably drank 1 ltr but I actually used a shovel to plant some shrubs!

Today so far I have drunk 1ltr and have washed the windows on the front of the house (by hand due to water restrictions).

Lets see what tomorrow brings!

Kim
Ultimate Goal 65kg by 18/09/08
This months goal- to weight less than last month LOL!! :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsrRMSI/]
[/url]
wanabe_thin

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:03 pm

hey kim here here! its about time you put yourself first- easy said than done usually though! best wishes and im looking forward to reading your progress :)
kate_turner2000

Postby wanabe_thin » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:13 am

Thanks! I can see this forum provides lots of support and I hope to be able to share as much as I can.

Well yesterday was a so so day, I did get up off my but alot, all the windows on the front of the house are sparkling! It took me hours to do them inside and out by hand, can't use the hose - water restrictions- and I had to dust the the blinds.

I did drink more than 1 ltr of water but I need 2lts.

On the down side I was so tired in the afternoon I sat down with a cup of tea and finished of the Morning coffee biscuits (6).

Blood sugars were up a bit this morning will be a bit up and down till my system gets used to the exercise and change in diet.

I don't like going to the gym, don't feel like I have time to go walking and I love a clean house so for now I am just going to keep cleaning and decorating. Hopefully by the time that stops working I will have enough energy to do more actual exercise.

So for today;
- drink more water
- keep moving (cleaning)
[/url]
wanabe_thin

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:18 am

HEY kim we are like soul sisters! i am a clean freak and being a stay at home mum means im always cleaning. i love it! the only thing i wouldnt be able to clean is someone elses bodily fluids- like cleaning a nursing home or hospital.
kate_turner2000

Postby wanabe_thin » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:54 am

I used to spring clean one room each week, so every room in the house got a full spring clean about times a year. the last couple of years I've only done enough to keep it from getting completely disgusting.

Too much time with my bum on the couch, or on the computer :oops:

Living in a disorganised mess has been depressing but depression was the cause! Feeling much betting this past few months, much more motivated and with more energy.I have been putting off stuff for much too long, Now it is going to take me months of really hard work to get things under control again. As long as depression doesn't hit me again I think I can keep this up.

Each day is a new day.
[/url]
wanabe_thin

Postby wanabe_thin » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:38 pm

well I lost weight 1.1 kgs for the first week. It could have been more but on Tuesday I had a late apointment at the peadeatrician and by the time I got in and out with the ferals (my kids) I bought takeaway.

On friday I droped my daughter off at the respite home and took the boys to the shopping centre to get pants. From the moment we got to the shopping centre my youngest Bob (can't talk so uses sign language) signed 'chips' and 'Mcdonalds' (there is a sign for mcdonalds!!!) over and over. Thank heavens I had him in his containment device (stroller)! He's 6 and can walk we just don't let him loose in shops!!!

Anyway I gave in and we had KFC. In order to eat I let him out to sit to the table. While my back was turned he bolted. I had to drag him out under the cubile door in the toilets - mens toilets!!! The little bugger keeps locking himself in.

Then I had him at home just the two of us most of the day saturday and he just got into everything all day. When Hubby got home I went for a drive to de-stress and pick up some groceries. I ate a cornetto while I read the paper before I went home!!

On sunday hubby wanted to go shopping, so still stressed from the past week, hubby and I take boys to an indoor play centre to ware them out before we took them to shops. Lunch was a toasted ham and cheese sandwich and chips, though I did get a low fat ice coffee. Then shopping. After 3 hours of walking we went to pick up our daughter and got home at 5:30. Too tired to cook so ordered pizza and ate three pieces.

Imagine how much weight I could loose if i didn't eat so much crap.

Won't be able to get away with it this week!

Haven't made a great start, out with girlfriend who buys me two of the nicest potato cakes I've ever had for lunch. Must go and drink a couple of litres of water now and move my but. If it wasn't for sexercise I'd really be in trouble!!! :wink:
[/url]
wanabe_thin

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:51 pm

hehe kim you make me laugh @ sexercise. i wouldnt know what that is. here's to a better week without as much take out :)
kate_turner2000

Postby sassi » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:00 pm

hi kim. i can't imagine where you find the time or the energy to think about exercise, let alone sex-ercise :lol: hehe.

it does sound like your days involve lots of incidental exercise, which is good.

i know what you mean about the eating - i do a fair effort of sabotaging my weight loss in the same way.

congrats on your loss in the first week. the potato cakes aren't great (well, they taste great but you know what i mean!) but if you didn't have anything else, then that's around 300 calories for lunch - not extremely nutritious, but there are worse (higher cal) things you could have had.

healthy eating should help with energy levels as well :)

anyways, i'm talking too much - i really just wanted to say congrats & good luck!
sassi

Postby loveat116 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:09 pm

Sexercise lol!

Well done on your loss so far, 1.1kg is great!
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby wanabe_thin » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:12 pm

well its great exercise if you put in the effort and hubby is an enthusiastic suporter! He's always reminding me! He's never been so supportive!
LOL
[/url]
wanabe_thin

Postby loveat116 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:12 pm

I wonder how many calories it actually burns... i might look it up hehe
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby oostevens » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:26 pm

he he how naughty :p but also intersting, have u put it into calorie king? ha ha i just did and it didnt bringi it up! i recon it sooooo should.

maybe i should invest in that ;) hehehehehe
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby wanabe_thin » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:27 pm

I have only had a bowl of light muesli and the two potato cakes so far today.

along with 4 cups of tea and 1 ltr of water.

going to cook up a heap of vegies to go with tea tonight and fill up on them.

Need to go out and get some fruit in the morning and maybe some nuts for healthier snacks. I need to get back into a low carb diet - lots of salads and fish and lean chicken breast. Back off on Dairy - swap to lite soy milk and only have small amount of bread.

I used to make a vegetable soup that was on some healthy heart diet. Must find the recipe. It was good to have in the fridge to reheat when I got the munchies.
[/url]
wanabe_thin

Postby wanabe_thin » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:16 pm

I believe it can be considered "moderate aerobic exercise" :wink: I guess that would be the same as jogging. :lol:

as to how many calories that burns ? Well that will depend on whether your partner is a sprinter or a marathon runner!!! :o ha ha
[/url]
wanabe_thin

Postby shelbel » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:41 pm

Im going to jump into this naughty conversation too and say, well certain positions can be good for toning!! LOL :wink:
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Next

Return to Personal Progress