It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:41 pm

Free Newsletter

Kims Journal

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:04 am

hey kim thanks for explaining that to me! im on metformin which is what diabetics usually take (some of them!) but its not for diabetes in my case its for my PCOS.
kate_turner2000

Postby wanabe_thin » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:29 am

I was convinced I had PCOS and told the DR and because of my history of pregnancy diabetes I talked him into putting me on metformin and I have SLOWLY been dropping weight over the past 18mths, down a total of 8.5kgs or so. I have since gone on to develop full type 2 diabetes, and had an increase in metformin to 850mg twice a day. So probably just caught it early.

I have now started menapause which is really not helping my hormonal ballance with the PCOS!!! Now I have to go on the pill to help get periods more regular at the moment they are anything from 3 to 6 weeks apart! Think I might go for a gyno checkup just to make sure it is menapause and nothing else though, just to be on the safe side.

kim
Ultimate Goal 65kg by 18/09/08
This months goal- to weight less than last month LOL!! :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsrRMSI/]
[/url]
wanabe_thin

Postby wanabe_thin » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:49 am

I have been feeling really unwell for weeks and it all started when I was given a box of Lindt chocolates, oh so yummy, I ate most of them in 3 days (did share some with family). I really stuffed my blood sugars and I have been battling upset tummy and headaches, dizzy spells, insomnia and severe fatigue. Not a good thing. I must have looked bad because everyone I ran into has asked my whats wrong!!

Note to self; Don't each chocolate it's bad for my health! lol
Started to get sugars down this week but feel like crap still, I could sleep for a week!! On the good side the upset tummy has stopped me from eating a lot so my weight is down to 81.5, but not a good way to do it.

Need to get more water into me to flush out my system.

The one thing I hate is although I don't have the energy to move I have to keep going to keep my matabolism burning to keep the sugars down!

Hope to feel better this week.

On the up side a bought a size 18 swim suit for our xmas beach holiday that I feel good enough to go out in public in! last years was a 22!!
[/url]
wanabe_thin

Postby wanabe_thin » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:43 am

I'm happily plodding along slowing shrinking.

Been getting stuck around 82kg up and down but now feel like I can put a bit of a burst in and drop a couple more kilos for xmas!

I was looking a a photo from 18 mths ago and boy have I lost a lot of weight off my face! a whole extra chin has gone! Has given me a bit of a lift, lets see if I can be a bit more motivated this week, see what exercise I can get done.

goals for the week;
- Water (again - still)
- exercise daily for at least 30 minutes.
[/url]
wanabe_thin

Postby wanabe_thin » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:03 am

Didn't do any specific exercise yesterday but spent a lot of time going back and forth from the laundry to clothesline to laundry to bedroms. Pretty sure I got my 10000 steps in. ha

Got to get on with the xmas shopping. Need to get everything done and finished by the 13th as one of my 9 year old finishes school then. And I have to send presents interstate!!

Todays goals
water
exercise
[/url]
wanabe_thin

Postby sassi » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:24 am

hehe - that was like me on saturday - i did handwashing & loads of washing so i felt like i'd done exercise! i don't know how my bf & i go through so many clothes! i can't imagine what it's like when you add kids in as well!!

sounds like you've got the motivation to push through a couple of kilos before xmas :)
sassi

Previous

Return to Personal Progress