It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:50 pm

Free Newsletter

Amanda's Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Amanda's Progress

Postby Amanda20 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:35 pm

The Reasoning behind the weightloss

I decided to start losing a bit of weight and a change in my lifestyle as I still have three and a bit years of uni left, and post grad yet and I realised after if I kept this up, I'd be so unhealthy and very unhappy.

I'm studying law and social science at uni, so I'm constantly studying and always in classes. I'd always been pretty healthy and thin. I was a size 10, sometimes an 8 until Year 12. Suddenly, I was studying even more and eating less healthy food. That just progressed into uni. Now, its time to control it before it controls me. I'd like to get back to a healthy weight. I'm currently weighing 80kgs and my aim is 55kg. I would like to go back to playing netball again next year, but before that, I want to get fit and actually be able to run around the court without huffing and puffing as much as I do now.

This whole thing of exercise makes me realise how unfit I actually am. On Thursday I started walking every afternoon for about an half an hour to an hour and I brought a skipping rope to skip twice a day for 15 mins. Although its not much, I think slow is best and increase my time when it becomes easier. All fatty food is eliminated and thankfully, my grandparents (who i live with) are very supportive. My grandma warns me what will be for dinner so I can tell her if I can eat it or I'll make something myself.

I'm not sure if I'll have a weekly or fortnightly weight goal, I don't want to overdo it and I'm not exactly sure what to expect or how much is too much. I've never had weight problems before. I'd like to get to my main weight goal by my 21st birthday, which is in March next year. I want to be the skinnest and hottest girl at my party. My treat for the weightloss is a sexy new dress (the theme is hawaiin).

I love to write so I apologise in advance for my posts. I'm a person who says whatever is on her mind (my sister says it will get me in trouble one day). For me, to write something down makes me release all feelings.

Now, its time for the journey to really begin!
Amanda20

Postby lng86 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:53 pm

Best of luck on your weight loss journey. Yell out if you need anything!

-Lauren.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby HappyBella55 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:59 pm

Hey Amanda,

It sounds like you are making some really good changes to your lifestyle.

Good luck with your weight loss journey.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby Amanda20 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:19 pm

Thanks Lauren and Bella. You've both made huge progress on your weightloss!
Amanda20

Postby HappyBella55 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:41 pm

Lauren has had fantastic results, me I'm just starting out.

I see Lauren as an inspiration :D - Lauren you are so inspiring chickie :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby Amanda20 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:22 am

Losing 1.6kg is better than losing nothing, Bella.

Every person here is an inspiration, everyone has done so well. It just shows people who want to lose weight, they can do it. This site is fantastic, by the way. There's so much information on losing weight and everyone is so helpful.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wMp9jzI/]
[/url]
Amanda20

Postby sassi » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:38 am

15 mins of skipping is awesome!

sounds like your grandmother is fab as well - telling you what's for dinner etc. it's hard when someone else has control over your main meals!
sassi

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:20 pm

goodluck with your weight loss journey.
soon2bayummymummy

Postby Amanda20 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:23 pm

I went on a walk today for an hour and discovered two things. One: My area has a lot of birds and bridges. And two: losing weight may help me overcome my phobia of birds, bees and heights. I'm allergic to bee stings so every time I saw a bee, I went running in the other direction. Every time I saw a bird, I walked very fast past it. The people walking behind me were probably thinking I'm crazy :lol:

I hopped on the scales today to see if I had lost any weight. I've been on the diet for about 5 days. I'm still at the same weight :shock:. I haven't dropped or gained. Is that normal for the first week or should I be expecting to see some results? My boyfriend says I'm too hard on myself. I'm a bit of a perfectionist. I need to see results to see its working. Although I can do 50 skips a min now (if my legs don't get tangled in the rope) without stopping to catch my breath :D . I guess it is working.
[/url]
Amanda20

Postby corolla_chick » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:31 pm

hi and welcome to the forum :D:D:D wow. i skipped for 10 minutes the other day and was buggered!! hehe. i keep getting tangled all the time! im not as good at skipping as i was when i was a kid!
beck :D

corolla_chick

Postby Amanda20 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:36 pm

Thanks!

Lol, neither am i! I thought I'd be able to pick it back up again but its taking ages!! I was trying to think of those silly songs you sing with the rope today and all I could come up with was "teddy bear, teddy bear".
[/url]
Amanda20

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:37 pm

hey amanda

mick my fiance is also scared of things like that- magpies and bees lol. im sure that with more contact with nature with your walking you will get more comfortable around them :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Amanda20 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:58 pm

Such a bad day. I didn't drink half of 2Lt water and I was so peckish. I munched on saltanas and yoghurt.

I only went for a 4km walk. No other exercise. I feel so drained of energy :(

Oh well. Tomorrow is another day.
[/url]
Amanda20

Postby Jisgone » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:09 pm

sounds like your going great amanda :) results dont happen overnight its a long process! be patient, remember to live your life and enjoy the weightloss
Jisgone

Postby Amanda20 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:22 pm

Thanks Jewles :)

You've done so well on your own, by the way! :D
[/url]
Amanda20

Next

Return to Personal Progress