It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:40 am

Free Newsletter

Kristal's "taking that first step" diary!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Kristal's "taking that first step" diary!

Postby chubba momma » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:14 pm

"All I have to know today is that I'm willing to have my life be different.Willingness is the key to my freedom. When I'm open minded, when I'm ready to listen to ideas and suggestions, I'm already changing my life for the better."
Judith R. Smith

Hello everyone!

For a long time i have been set on the ideas i was "meant" to be over weight and i didnt deserve to be "better", if that make sense. So i have kinda just cruised along, eating crap and giving up to easily. I dont want to be that person any more, i want to be strong and believe in myself. I want to feel better about my self and learn to treat my self better and my body better!

I am Kristal and i am 24 yeasr old and a mum to two very precious children. I have been as small as 53 kg to as big as 89kg since i finished school in 1999. I gained weight when i fifnished school, and i lost alot when i went and worked my butt off on farms etc.

At teh beginning of my first pregnancy i was a nice sized 60 kg, was able to walk into a shop and buy nice trendy clothes (size 10 to 12) and was quite happy in my "self" image. Still wasnt entirely happy but was in love, felt great and was expecting my first child after a year and a half of trying.

after the arrival of my daughter i balloned to 85kg in a matter of a few months ( i was 75 kg full term with her) and have struggled ever since to deal with it. I have walked every day of my life (well ok atleast 6 days out of 7 ) since her arrival and the arrival of our son in June this year. But i have never eaten healthy and just cramm whatever will fit in there till im full :cry:

I could never get below 80 kg it seemed to mock me and taunt me and i just gave up. After teh arrival of our son i lost 10 kg in teh week i was in hospital (he was 4.3 kg plus i lost a fair bit of blood in the ceaser) and for teh first time in 2 years i was 73 kg, and i dont want to EVER go back to where i was before. Since then i have creeped back up to 75 kg and this time iam going to stick it out and do something for myself and loose the weight i need to!

Im not sure how i will go, i believe i can do this, i just need to keep that belief happening.!

I have read so many inspiring stories and such enormous achievements on this site and i hope that one day soon i can achieve my goal!

wish me luck and thank you for listening to my rambling!
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby shelbel » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:24 pm

You ramble all you like, its your progress page, plus we're pretty good listeners! :D

Im sure you can do this! You have already taken the first steps and while its a tough journey at times, its a rewarding one as well.

Good luck to you! :wink:
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:22 am

hey kristal
thanks for sharing that with us. i know how hard it can be with a bub. i was 81kg when i fell pregnant and did gain weight whilst pregnant but it was after she was born i started putting the weight on. i would justify it by saying that we eat a wholesome dinner each night- mostly meat and 3 veg. but it was the snacking and lunch meals that would be the worst. im sure your kids are very lucky to have you around a lot longer in life because you are doing something about your weight now.
kate_turner2000

Postby madeline » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:19 am

Yay go Kristal! Congratulations on your first personal progress journal hehe *hugs*

P.S. rant alllllllllllll you want :D
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby oostevens » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:43 am

Yay :) progress pages are great places to rant :) and its not ranting, its ur progress :)

congrats on the 1kg so far :) its certainly a motivation :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby chubba momma » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:26 am

Thank you everyone for your support! :D

I have been a good girl so far today and havent had my morning gorge on bikies and coffee (YAY!) and just whacked some yoghurts in the freezer (yummy frozen yoghurt!!mmmm) As well as some chopped up oranges and other fruits. (I read this tip somewhere to freeze some fruit like oranges and OMG it so yummy and takes me longer to eat and there fore i seem to fill up better! )

So thats a start now just need to find some other "snacky " foods to eat and have on hand! I read that nuts are a good one too, does any one know what is best kind of nuts though to have as a snack? At woolies they have these little packs (like the little saltuna packs) with nuts like almonds pecans and cashews.. would this be a good snack?

It feels so good to finally have the mind set that i can do this!! :D
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:03 pm

sounds good kristal just watch your portion sizes
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:30 pm

Hiya Kristal :) Sounds like you're doing well already! Aren't frozen yoghurts the best :D Such a good snack because they take a while to eat :D I'm a total yoghurt addict!!!

As for snacks, those dried fruit & nut packs are a good size, or if you buy your nuts individually a serving is usually 20-30grams. Fresh fruit is always better than dried though, but I find it doesn't fill me up for a snack, so I always have yoghurt with it :D A couple of ryvitas with low fat turkey/ham/chicken and tomato or something is always good too!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby chubba momma » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:38 pm

well i have survived day one.. well i wasnt 100% eating well, but heaps better then normal. I have discovered three things about my eating habits today

1. i am a boredom eater, if i am not kept busy i tend to want to eat
2. I eat when i am stressed (had a rough day with the bub today and was reaching for food!!)
3. i am a social eater. I was doing well, and went for a walk with kids and my sister and casue she went to brumbies i auto matically followed and got a spinach and ricotta pasty thing (~~smacks own hand~~)

But over all i havent had a coffee or any chocloate bikies (major fetich for those lately :( ) so thats day one!

I tend to eat alot of small stuff during the day so i kept to frozen orange, 2 x frozen yoghurts and some snakatas rice bikies..

done some warm up exercises, 3 lots of exercise on the bike and i also attempted and done 30 sit ups before it started to hurt my ceaser scar so thast progress for me!!
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:48 pm

I am definitely a boredom eater and a social eater, but surprisingly not a stressed eater!! For boredom, I usually drink big glasses of diet cordial and chew gum to keep me occupied. For the social aspect, if I know I'm going to a BBQ or party, I'll bring food I know I'll eat that's low cal, like vege sticks and salsa, watermelon, air popped popcorn... hope this helps :)
zeedeveelgirl

Postby chubba momma » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:52 pm

i have survived day 2!! Thanks to lots of chewing gum :lol: :lol:

My mum came to visit and brought me a pie which i ate (yes naughty i know), but she also had brought some sherbet cones and a pkt of chips, normally i would have been a piggy and ate them as soon as she left but i am proud to say they are still in the cupboard and will stay there! :D My main one fetish i cant resist by the way is chips! So i am very proud of myself today!

I snack a hell of a lot.. cant seem to help it even with the chewing gum, but basically this is what i ate today

Breaky.
Cup of tea, no sugar
2 x vive apricot and coconut bikies

lunch
meat pie
cappucino(the ones you buy at woolies in the pkts of 12 to make at home)

dinner
1 sausage
1/4 cup mashed potato
1 cup mixed frozen vegies

snacks
5 x strawberries(frozen)
1 30g pkt mixed nuts
1/2 cup pineapple pieces (frozen)
2 x tubs frozen lite vanilla youghurt (kids sized tubs)
2x salada's with lite cheese

drinks
2x 600mls water
1x vanilla flavoured green tea with a dash of honey
as well as the tea and cofee mentioned above

Can anyone tell me where i can make improvements in my diet side of things? I intend to buy low fat milk next week when we go shopping and i know i need to control my snacking.. Any tips or ideas would be great!

I am also slowing raising my water intake, a day at a time
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:09 pm

i think you are doing great kristal! i allow myself to have pies at home with filo pastry- i enjoy them and no way will i eliminate them completely. i used to love sausages until i realised how bad they are! lol. but in saying that i had two on saturday for the sausage sizzle at micks party, so everything in moderation :)
kate_turner2000

Postby chubba momma » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:57 pm

Day 3 and i feel great.

I dont feel "gluggish" (i know not a word but it sounds like i usually feel :lol: ) I feel hydrated from the water i am drinking too. Hope fully it will also help to clear up my skin a bit too!

I am doing great in the eating , well still not 100% but 100% better then i ever had LOL!

I didnt go for my usual walk today, had a rough day with bub, but will make up for alot of walking i have to do tomorrow!

I did do a total of 35 mins on the exercise bike

my eating today

Breakfast

4 x vive coconut and apricot bikies
1 x cup of white tea no sugar

Lunch
1x salami and cheese sandwich
1x cappucino (at home one)

Dinner
1x palm size steak
1/2 cup mash potato
1 cup mixed vegies
1 frozen youghurt

snacks
1 x cup a soup
1 pkt (25g) vege chips
1/4 cup frozen pineapple pieces
1 orange frozen
1x allens snake
1x strawberry

drinks
2x 600mls water
1 x white tea with 1 sugar

also proud to say the chips mum brought over yesterday are still unopened in the cupboard!
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby shelbel » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:20 pm

Hey does your butt hurt if you use the bike alot? How long have you been using it? I just got mine on sat and have used it 3 times since and my behind is sore! :cry:
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby chubba momma » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:24 pm

OMG yes, i got it on thursday last week and after the first 10 mins OMG i was soo sore, now i put a cushion under my butt ! The seats just arent made for being comfy are they!
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Next

Return to Personal Progress