It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:30 pm

Free Newsletter

Kristal's "taking that first step" diary!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby chubba momma » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:50 pm

wow i cant believe i have been at this for a whole week!!!

Well, i will see how i go with my weigh in this week to see if we need to change our traditional sunday breaky. Its always been "hot cakes" breaky (mcdonalds) and coke.. i decided to see how i go, having that one take away a week, i have only 2 (not 3) of the cakes, only one butter and half the syrup and went for a diet coke. If need to be i will change it, but i also think, as long as im not gorging on take away, it should be ok. What does everyone think?Like i said if it becomes a problem its easier enough to say "bye bye" too :lol:

I am finding i dont need to snack as often as i usually did, for the past 2 days, which is great. I dont feel hungry everytime my tummy is empty :lol: :lol: which is a great feeling too!

Ive decided after next week i want to attempt a jog around the block (early morning or late arvo so no one can see my wobbly bits :lol: )
and see how i go the first time and if i enjoy it then i might make it a part of my regular exercise say 2 or 3 times a week.. see how i go first!( i could get 10 meters and not want to do it again for a while! :lol: )

trying to think up some more ideas for at home exercise i can do with teh kids. I attempted a skipping rope but the jarring when i jump still hurts my scar a little so im putting that off for a while. My sis had this exercise dvd cardio salsa we brought to try but its sooo fast paced and no time to catch up!! Im too unco :lol:
Can anyone recommend any exercise dvds ?

anywho, also proud to say my partner opened the chippies today and i DIDNT EAT ONE!! wahoo to me! :lol: :lol:
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby milkyway » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:06 pm

Hi Kristal - sounds like you're making some great progress and making really good decisions along the way :) Keep it up, you deserve it!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:23 am

hey kristal small changes to your meals will make it easier to stick to in the long run. that way you arent depriving yourself :)

i highly recommend the 10 minute solutions dvds. theyre fantastic, especially with kids because you cant really commit yourself to doing a full hour straight of working out if the kids keep interuppting. at least with 10 minute solutions there are 5x 10 minute workouts- theres variety and you can break it up a bit if the kids are playing up
kate_turner2000

Postby chubba momma » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:09 pm

First major screw up today..

my mum brought over KFC for lunch. Pop corn chicken and chips.. and i couldnt resist it :cry: ~smacks hand~ though i did eat it, i didnt eat alot (say 10 pop corn chicken bits and a handful of chippies), which needed a lot of self control!!! So though i screwed up, i was also "better then i have been in the past" in regard to crap food!)

I did however do more exercise then usual to make up for it, but only the scales will tell! I hid them in the cupboard till saturday otherwise i will be looking at them ever time i eat LOL

Pulled out some of my "old me" clothes i havent worn in like 3 years and can actually visiualize myself back in some of them! Great feeling that is! :D

Lso have to add, after the KFC i felt soo bloated and yucky afterwards! It sure does make a difference to how you feel when you eat good stuff! :D
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby shelbel » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:40 am

After many stuff ups and stress due to my'never say no to KFC' attitude i declace that it is pure evil!! But my goodness does it taste good!!! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby milkyway » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:52 am

I am so lucky - I can't stand KFC and haven't eaten it for about a decade!!! (I think!?!)

Aw Kristal - no need to beat yourself up. I believe it's all about moderation and for sure you can have a few bits of KFC if that's what floats your boat, so long as it's an occassional treat and works in with your daily food & exercise plan. I don't think you should go without anything you love. For me, it's chocolate... mmm...
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby sassi » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:33 am

everywhere i go on here today people are mentioning chocolate :evil:

anyways...congrats on the good choices so far kristal - and it is a learning process so if you managed to eat less of the kfc than you would have in the past, then that's a positive change. plus you felt crap afterwards, which will probably put you off in the future!

i think if you can work in your mcdonalds hotcakes as a treat, go for it. you can only use trial and error to see what works & what doesn't for you :)
sassi

Previous

Return to Personal Progress