It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:29 am

Free Newsletter

Mike's Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Mike's Progress

Postby local mike » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:58 am

It'sa me, Mikeio! (lame Mario Bros. reference :oops: )

So I guess I'll probably just re-post stuff that I post on my blog here. I doubt I'm going to bother keeping track of the exact distances I run (instead of saying I ran 2km, I'll say I ran around the block a bunch of times haha), but I'll try to keep a reasonable and legible log of my progress!
I has a jogblog!
When you open a can of whoop-ass, Chuck Norris jumps out.
local mike

Postby local mike » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:59 am

22nd of September:

Alrighty. I figured making a blog would help inspire me to stay on track with my efforts to lose a few (or ten) centimetres off the ol’ gut. And chest. And neck. And… Well hey, you get the drift.

This isn’t the first time I’ve tried to lose weight—not even the first time this year—but I think I have a better understanding now of what suits my disposition, of what will get my fitness up without me giving up so easily.

The first time around, my girlfriend and I went jogging three mornings each week. The problem was that we’d do it at a local park, which was about a 10 minute walk away. Then we’d push through some laps—she always manages to get through more than me, she’s very driven—and walk home again. I got sick of the walk to the park and the walk back, and even though I probably should have started jogging there to quicken it up, I just gave up instead.

The other thing was that it really hurt. I know it has to hurt a little, but it shouldn’t hurt to the point where you don’t want to do it anymore. What’s the point of that?

So I’m going to break it all down. I’m still going to jog three mornings each week, but only for 10 to 15 minutes. I’ll do that basically until it gets too easy, and then I’ll knock it up a notch. That’s the plan, anyway!

I also need to set myself a couple of circuits that I can do in the home. Skipping, light weight lifting, situps, pushups, et cetera.

So that’s my goal for now!
I has a jogblog!
local mike

Postby local mike » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:00 am

27th of September:

Oh man, I feel like hurling. What a sign of how unfit I am, that after 20 minutes of thrusting my arms into the air in front of me (read: I’ve been playing Wii Sports Boxing), and then struggling through 40 situps, I’m sitting here feeling nauseous. Jeez!

I don’t do situps very often, because we have a hardwood floor and I don’t have anything to put under my butt. I tried folded up towels, but aside from being a hassle, they kept sliding around under me. It occurred to me this morning that my futon (which is on the floor without a base) is quite close to my desk. So I dragged it over closer to the desk, dug my feet in under the bottom drawer, and got into some situps. Now I just have to remember to do it regularly!

How often should I do situps? Every day? Every second day? What sort of reps should I be doing? I guess I better look it up. Search: situps for fat censored!

Now I’m gonna go try some skipping. I spent 20 bucks on a skipping rope (the rope is leather, and the handles having bearings in them! Wowsers!), so I should try to use the damn thing! I can tell I’m going to snap my leg.
I has a jogblog!
local mike

Postby oostevens » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:44 am

ha ha aha go WII!!!

yeah i love the boxing too its awesome fun!

you sound like a top bloke and you sound like u have your head on your shoulders....well...of course you do...otherwise you would be dead :s riiiight i mean you know wat your talking about :)

if its motivation u are after, u have come to the right place my friend :p

you have a great sense of humour :) sure put a smile on my face today.

welcome to mariokart :p
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:47 am

welcome mike its nice to have you around, im sure you will bring a lot to this forum.

pfft men and their video games ;) hehe
kate_turner2000

Postby oostevens » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:48 am

not only men kate :P

the wii rocks!

have u heard about their new wii fit game coming out mike? i want that one!
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:51 am

no i havent heard of it but mick keeps hounding me to trade in the xbox... hmm maybe once we get heidi the new bed, do her room up and buy her swing set and pay for xmas and the rego... etc etc.
kate_turner2000

Postby local mike » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:34 pm

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies!

I've heard whispers about this Wii Fit game you speak of, but not much else. Funny, most of my friends are avid video game geeks, but I usually just go "uhuh. yep. I see. cool." whenever they start talking to me about games, haha. I only play racing games really (massive car nut here), so everything else tends to go right over my head!
I has a jogblog!
local mike

Postby HappyBella55 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:02 pm

Hi Mike welcome to the forum.

Can I just say the aviator picky (if its you :P) has a close resemblance to that dude on the biggest loser 2 - bugger if I can remember his name :P

Any how g'luck with your running.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:06 pm

PMSL@ AVIATOR you meant avatar hey bella? and i think you are talking about courtney?
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:23 pm

Hey Mate!

Welcome to the forums! Sounds like you're doing well! :) Those boxing games are a killer aren't they!? It's a very cool way to exercise :D

Looking forward to hearing how you're going, it's good to have another male around the forums!

Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby shelbel » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:50 pm

Hullo Mike, just wanted to pop in and say a proper hello and good luck with your journey, you should stick around, you seem like a really funny guy who doesnt take himself too seriously. im sure you'll be a welcome addition to the family! LOL
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:15 am

Ditto that Shel.....definite long term personality contribution potential here!!! LOL
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby local mike » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:37 am

Hahah, thanks ladies. Y'all are too kind *tips cowboy hat* *wonders he pulled a cowboy hat from* :D
I has a jogblog!
local mike

Postby local mike » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:12 pm

Went for an 18km ride today, with plenty of hills involved. My arse is killing me! I couldn't stand up while pedalling because the gears on my mountain bike are slipping, so I had to sit down the whole way. Considering I haven't ridden a bike in probably a year, it's left me with one damn sore arse, haha.

My thighs are killing too!

By the way, you folks shouldn't feel compelled to reply to my progress posts! I'm generally too busy during the day to comment in other people's progress threads, so I don't want you to be commenting in mine if I'm not even taking the time to comment in yours! I'm just posting this stuff as a progress report for myself, hehe. :wink:
I has a jogblog!
local mike

Next

Return to Personal Progress