It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:57 pm

Free Newsletter

Jess is starting over...

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Jess is starting over...

Postby jeshka » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:48 pm

Right. I just took my measurements for the first time in about 3 weeks. I've put on at least half a cm on most areas. Measurements are as follows:

Bicep: 30.5cm
Bust: 86cm
Waist: 77cm
Tummy: 92cm
Hips: 96cm
Butt: 104cm
Thigh (upper): 60.5cm
Thigh (lower): 44.5cm
Ankle: 24cm
Calf: 39cm

As I write this, I've just eaten an 'Ultimate Burger Meal' from KFC - the one with a zinger burger, chips, potato and gravy, and an extra piece of chicken. I sat there eating it, watching So You Think You Can Dance, feeling super crappy about myself. I read through my last thread and it was all basically me going really well for a little while, then having a major blowout and making excuses for it, then delaying getting back on the wagon. I feel rotten, I'm really unhappy about my appearance - I took over an hour to figure out what to wear to work this morning because everything makes my hips look huge/stomach look bulgey/calves look chunky/arms look flabby/etc. I now realise it's not the clothes that make me look like that, it's the lack of care I'm taking of my body. I ate 2 pieces of fruit today and drank nearly 2 x 600ml bottles of water (that's quite good for me) but then blew it all at dinnertime!! What the heck is wrong with me? I wll grant that it is TTOTM, but I can't use that as an excuse for drinking for the past 3 weekends and having biscuits/chips/softdrink/takeaway constantly for the past few weeks. I dream of the day when I go up to QLD to visit my family and friends and have them say 'WOW i don't remember the last time you looked that good!'...but the way I'm going it just doesn't look like that day is going to come. I'm trying to bid on some exercise DVDs on Ebay (they are more Dance type DVD's because I love that kind of thing) and I'm aiming to have my fruit and water at work every day, but I just can't seem to stay motivated. It is too easy to cave in and buy takeaway for dinner, or have a bowl of icecream, or a biscuit (or 3).

I want to be able to say that 'yes' I will do this, I will stick to it, I will shed the weight and finally be happy with myself but I have failed so many times already, I don't want to stuff up again :(

Sooo, to help myself face the music a little better, I took some new pics. These are as of about 10 minutes ago. Please excuse the mess on the floor, that is where I get ready for work in the morning, hence the clothes strewn everywhere in frustration! And clicking on the pics should make them bigger...

Anyway, thanks for reading guys, sorry if I have come across as a big depressed sad sack, just had to get it all off my chest. I'm going to try to update this thing a lot more often than my old thread. Cheers.
jeshka

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:44 am

Hope everything looks up. Its a good start that u took photo's. Updating ur thread will keep u on track more. Goodluck we all deserve to be happy with our bod's.
soon2bayummymummy

Postby madeline » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:46 am

Good luck hun <3 Thanks for sharing your pics
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby HappyBella55 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:57 am

Hey jeshka, I can certainly relate to what you are saying.

All I can suggest is that you leave past failures behind and start afresh. By constantly concentrating on past failures you are programming yourself with negative thoughts which will lead to failure. Surround yourself with positive thoughts and you'll get in the right frame of mind to succeed this time :D

hahahaha I'm starting to sound like the many self help books I've been reading :P

Anyway chickie you've taken a step to a better you :D

And remember its okay to have 'not everyday food' once in a while. This is a change for life and life would be so so boring if you restricted some simple pleasures :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby jeshka » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:30 pm

thanks heaps guys! i'm feeling a bit better about myself today. i wore a new outfit to work and curled my hair and while i could have looked better, i felt good and i suppose that counts for something! today i finished 2 full 600ml bottles of water - i am so proud of myself, cos i never get near that! i needed to pee heaps more which sucked, but its worth it for the good things that water will do to my body! tonight we're having Thai red curry for dinner (home made by my bf, he's the best!) for dinner, sooo yummy, and while we had been tempted to buy takeaway, we went grocery shopping instead and got lots of good stuff! I am still looking for some exercise dvds on ebay, the hard part is finding a good one that will work on my dvd player!

i'll write more later :)
jeshka

Postby shelbel » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:52 pm

Hey Jes, good on you for picking yourself up and having another go at losing weight, its damn hard work, but so rewarding.

And isnt it amazing how much better you can feel when you do your hair nice or wear different make up, these pick me ups can do wonders!

Good luck missy, you can do this! :wink:
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby jeshka » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:17 pm

Thanks Shel :) your words of encouragement mean a lot!
jeshka

Postby milkyway » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:15 am

Hi Jess - good to see you back. well done on upping the water intake. Soon it will be a habit :) Keep going!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby sassi » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:41 am

hi jess, great to have you back :)

nice work with the water - i know what you mean about having to pee all the time, i just try to think of having to walk to the toilets as extra incidental exercise :lol:
sassi

Postby jeshka » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:57 pm

hahah thats a good way to look at it, for sure!!

we're having a few drinks this weekend, but i'm going to try to balance this with more water and some dancing to burn those extra calories. we just grilled some chicken wings - woolies sells really cheap ones - we got satay, bbq plum, and honey soy - they're great, and i'm going to snack on them over the weekend instead of going out to get takeaway. they're still not exactly health food but they've gotta be better than maccas. i bought some strawberries when we went grocery shopping, they're so yummy. i can't wait for the hot weather, i always eat fruit like it's going out of fashion when summer rolls around! speaking of which, today was meant to be 34 degrees or something, but once again the weatherman was wrong, and it's overcast and not as warm as i'd hoped. i was keen on the idea of going to the beach, but either way, i've gotta clean our apartment cos we've got an inspection soon so i can use this average weather time wisely and do that.

today i am having a 'good body' day. i put on some shorts and a bikini top and didn't cringe at myself - i saw my reflection in a window and my shoulders looked quite lean and nice...could be wishful thinking, but i don't care, because it gave me a bit of an ego boost so i'm happy with that!

i spoke to my sister yesterday (she's 19, lives in QLD) and she said that if she can afford it, she's starting on meal replacement shakes on monday. she's quite an inspiration to me, because back in high school she had some weight on her, and just sort of hid herself in boyish clothes. after high school, she went on a very strict eating plan & started kickboxing, and shed something like 10 kg in 6 weeks, then just ate in moderation after that to maintain her good results. she's completely made herself over, she's got a really funky look, really great style and is continuing to shed the kilos, she looks amazing. she's had a few break ups over the past couple of years and every time, she hits the gym hardcore and gets into even better shape. she's around the same weight as me but she's 174cm tall so she carries it quite well - her weight is on her tummy and hips, she has skinny legs and no bum haha - but i'm really glad to see that she's still serious about getting rid of those last few kgs to reach her ideal weight/look. she has the kind of willpower that i wish i had, so its a real motivation for me to see that she's still going with this. sorry to ramble, just thought id share that with you guys! :)

have a great saturday!
jeshka

Postby jeshka » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:23 pm

okaaay so today i had my milo with soy milk for brekky, a roast beef, lettuce, tomato and mustard sandwich, and a banana for lunch, and i'm having home made thai satay for dinner. i had 1 & a half 600ml bottles of water today, and while i did have a few little lollies (milk bottles and those strawberry & cream things...mmm) i stayed away from the biscuits! i didn't have one! yay!! :D i'm still sussing out exercise DVD's, theres a good one on ebay that has 3 days to go, im really hoping i win it! i wore a new dress to work today and felt really good about myself, though my hair is looking really 'blah' at the moment, so i really think i need to cut it or get my foils redone, just to give me a little boost.

it's so strange, i've eaten less today than i have for most days in the past few weeks, but i'm not anywhere near as hungry! i think having the soy milk and milo for breakfast as an energy boost really makes a difference! :)
jeshka

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:09 pm

Hi jess

i also have a milo for breakie and i find it gives me that energy and also helps ease the chocolate cravings! sounds like you are feeling good in your own skin (besides your hair which i am sure you can fix up with a visit to the hairdressers ;) ) and i also had a roast beef sanga today! hehe
kate_turner2000

Postby shelbel » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:55 pm

Jess dont worry about a few lollies, its when the whole packet vanishes then its time to worry! LOL And good on you for not hitting the biscuits too, the amount of time ive said 'well ive eaten something naughty, i may as well keep going'!!

Ebay is great for things like that, i just won another WATP dvd so im most excited! LOL
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

shelbel

Postby jeshka » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:11 pm

woohooo! yay for ebay :D i'm still new to it, so it's all exciting for me haha. yeh the bickies are a huge temptation cos there's a neverending supply at work. its horrible!
jeshka

Postby shelbel » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:18 pm

I have a never ending biscuit supply at work too, and not just the regular supermarket ones, REAL biscuits!! i hate knowing they are there!! LOL
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

shelbel

Next

Return to Personal Progress