It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:41 am

Free Newsletter

Jess is starting over...

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby jeshka » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:55 pm

i finally gave into the biscuits - i only had 1 though! tonight i finished off the icecream we had left, but didn't buy any more when we went grocery shopping! im starting to eat bread again but only because sandwiches are the most convenient thing for me to have for lunch, and i didnt notice too much of a difference when i went off it last time (not enough to know for sure that it is causing problems with me anyway). im still on the soy milk and been eating fruit and drinking more than 600ml of water at work every day (a month ago i would not have thought i would be saying that!). being on the phones all day talking makes me thirsty so i guess that helps a lot!

i am taking my measurements tomorrow night (a week since the last time) and fingers crossed that theres a difference. i havent been particularly perfect with my eating habits this week but i havent had takeaway or chocolate or anything so we'll see!

just noticing a big change in the forum - new people signing on, other people leaving... i'm not sure but it seems like some people have forgotten why everyone is here - because we're all on the same journey and that is to lose weight and get healthier, and to support and motivate each other (and get the same in return) in the process. I dont think it should matter how many new members we have here, how old they are, how much weight they have to lose, etc - we all share the same goal. If one person seems negative, we have how many people here to shed some positive light?! The amount of times that I have felt cruddy about myself and come on here and felt better after hearing other points of view, feedback and suggestions - I don't rely on this forum, but it certainly does help, as do the people here. Just thought I'd put in my 2 cents, cos i'd hate to see others leave the forum over silly politics or whatnot. Everyone should feel welcome...
jeshka

Postby sassi » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:54 am

really well said jess, i totally agree. i'm the same - this forum has perked me up many times & i've only been posting since around may this year. i only hope i've been able to do the same to other people as well. :)

sounds like the water drinking has really become a new (good) habit - you'd probably miss it if you didn't have it now!

good luck with the measurements tonight :)
sassi

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:15 am

Hi Jess! There has bee a bit of a change around here, and it's just about trying to engineer the forum to make sure pople feel they have a pace I suppose! Good on you for limiting it to 1 bikkie. I always have bikkies in pairs! It's like a law.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:00 am

hey jess theres nothing wrong with sandwiches, just watch how many you eat! lol. good on you for not buying anymore ice cream at shopping. im glad i only shop once a fortnight otherwise id be double the size i am now!

you are right about the forum, everyone should be made welcomed and accepted for who they are and whatever size they are. its nice to see some new sections on the forum though to encourage those who are at different stages in their weightloss journeys to feel comfortable.
kate_turner2000

Postby jeshka » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:42 pm

yeah i agree about the new sections of the forum, they are really great changes!

as for my measurements:

hips: 94cm (-2)
bust:86cm (same)
waist: 75cm (-2)
tummy: 92cm (same)
thigh (upper): 60cm (-0.5)
thigh (lower): 44cm (-0.5)
calf: 39cm (same)
ankle: 24cm (same)
bicep: 29cm (-1.5)
butt: 104.5cm (+1.5 - noooooo!!)

so, a mixed bag there. some losses, a gain :( and a few measurements that didn't change. So not fantastic, but not discouraging either! I'm a bit bummed cos I was just outbid on the exercise DVD that I was going for on Ebay, but I'm gonna keep checking for new ones that pop up. Next week my eating habits are going to be a lot better than they were this week, and I'm going to continue drinking lots of water so hopefully I see some better results next Thursday when I measure up!
jeshka

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:06 am

doing well jess, the changes you are making will make a huge difference
kate_turner2000

Postby jeshka » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:43 am

well, im still off the biccies, yay! i had a biiig weekend, and had a bit of a blowout with some hangover food, but i am not kicking myself about it because other than that i haven't really had takeaway in the past week and a half. yesterday at work, i drank 2 600ml bottles of water - i actually got a coke zero from the drink machine, sat it on my desk and told myself that if i drank 2 bottles of water, i could have it. by the time i got to the coke, i didnt really want it and gave half of it away! so now that i can see those little incentive things work for me, i might just keep trying them! not really seeing in a difference in body shape or anything yet, but aside from LOTS of dancing on saturday night, im not exercising much. however, i just won 'The Hotpants Workout' DVD from Ebay so as soon as that arrives I'll be doing it as often as possible! can't wait :)

i havent seen much of an adverse reaction from eating bread just yet, so hopefully it's not something that i should be cutting out. we'll see!
jeshka

Postby jeshka » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:00 pm

well i took the day off work today cos i had a massive migraine when i woke up. my left ear had been blocked since saturday morning, i had tried to get it fixed on monday but it was too blocked so they said to come back in 2 days. FINALLY got it fixed today so i can now hear again yay! pity the only sound i can hear now is a freakin lawnmower out the front!

i havent got my workout dvd yet, im soooo keen to get it! we went grocery shopping last night and got a frozen pizza and some pies and potato wedges and things - not really the best stuff to be eating. but i've started thinking that if im eating nothing but salads, steamed vegies and grilled chicken to try to lose weight, once i get those results, as soon as i start eating this other stuff again, it's just going to stack straight back on. everywhere i look, i keep seeing this 'everything in moderation' - and i think that is the best way for me to look at it. Yes, I can have my potato wedges, but i have to stop at a small portion size, and i have to work it in with everything else i eat in the day, drink lots of water (which i am still doing - got up to 2 and a half bottles yesterday, omg!) and EXERCISE! since this is going to be a complete lifestyle change, it will be mostly good eating, with 'sometimes' foods thrown in there. i can't cut it all out completely because i'll miss it and binge and that is not a good thing to be doing. i know this is all stuff that i should already know, but i feel like a light has just turned on inside me and it's making more sense. i can have my 'cake' (or wedges) and eat it too, in a way, and it makes the whole journey to shedding the kgs a lot less daunting and stressful if i know i'm not necessarily denying myself these things, but rather moderating how much of them i have. if that makes sense. hehe.

anyway, thanks for reading my rambling!
jeshka

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:25 pm

hope you feel 100% better soon jess. i agree, everything in moderation is the way to go.
kate_turner2000

Postby Mandie » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:05 pm

good on you, you have a great attitude to this :)
Mandie

Postby jeshka » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:04 pm

my hotpants workout dvd arrived today, hooraaaaaay!!! i plan on trying it out tomorrow, i will report back on how it goes! :)
jeshka

Postby Mandie » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:24 am

awesome, let us know :)
Mandie

Postby jeshka » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:20 pm

well. i did the DVD workout this arv. i had had a couple of drinks so i put it on and decided to give it a go. well, by halfway through it i was exhausted - just goes to show how out of shape i am - horribly! anyway, towards the end they do some situps and stuff for the cooldown, and i wasnt prepared with a mat or towel or anything and didnt want to get down on the floorboards without anything under me so i gave it a miss, but i will definitely do it in future. it's an unreal workout, i look forward to doing it most days and i know i'll see a result. they even show the real results of one girl who followed it for 6 weeks and lost something like 10 kg. it's great! very happy :)
jeshka

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:58 pm

hey jess

is it like a dance workout? how long does it go for?
kate_turner2000

Postby jeshka » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:48 pm

yeah it's by one of the hip-hop choreographers from 'So You Think You Can Dance' - some parts of it seem a little bit corny but the moves are good and it's a great workout. It goes for about 50 minutes in total and alternates between harder moves and slower, easier moves which is great too. It's more like sort of learning a dance routine (or a few) so you don't really feel like you're 'exercising' as such, but they've tailored the routines to work different parts - like theres a section for abs and glutes, another section for legs and hips and the faster section which is just full on cardio for fat loss. I think I'll be sore tomorrow :)
jeshka

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress