It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:34 am

Free Newsletter

Jess is starting over...

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby jeshka » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:13 pm

i was chatting to a friend from QLD last night, and she was telling me that one of our friends from high school - who has always been a bit bigger but since high school has put on a LOT of weight - has started exercising and is on the CS Shakes. She apparently lost 3kg in the first week she was doing it. I feel really.... proud. For a long time she would complain about her weight but not do anything, but recently her man has gotten into shape and it seems now she has taken that first step to get it under control. I can't wait to see her and the difference this will all make, not to mention how happy she will be with herself :) My sister is also on the shakes, and I've noticed a few people on here are aswell. I'm seriously considering it - I heard they are $40 for a weeks worth (3 per day) - is that right? Are they good/do they taste watery or yucky? My main problem is having massive dinners - steak with pasta and vegies - which is not ideal. I was thinking if I could have a big healthy breakfast, then substitute lunch and dinner with the shakes and some fruit/nuts/something small, and have some proper meals on the weekends, I could make one pack of the shakes last longer and it might really help.... it would be great if you guys could give me some feedback as to whether or not this sounds like a good idea or not...

ps. measuring up today cos I forgot on thursday! oops! I don't expect much of a loss (if anything I may have gained, I'll admit I've been a bit slack this week, except for the water intake). I'll put results up shortly :)
jeshka

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:20 pm

hi jess

well done to your friend. that is really inspiring. im glad you feel proud of her :)

i am on cs at the moment for a week because i won a pack on the forum here. i know with programmes like tony ferguson and i assume its the same for cs is that you can have one shake a day and still lose weight. i know for the tony ferguson one they get people to have the guardian cereal for breakfast instead of a shake, then have the shake at lunch time or dinner. basically the normal program with cs is that you have two shakes a day and then have protein and vege/salad meal on the other meal. we have been having our meat cooked on the bbq- like chicken breast and some onion etc and then ive been having tomato capsicum lettuce etc with my meat. there are some vegies you cant eat whilst on the program such as potato pumpkin etc. but ive still been cooking that for heidi and mick and not eating it myself. i think the pack is $39.95 a week. is that something you are interested in doing? i reckon you could make a weeks worth last two weeks if you had one shake a day. but i dont think you will get the loss that you would if you were to have the two shakes a day.

if you need any other advice let us know there are a few other girls on here doing the program as well.
kate_turner2000

Postby jeshka » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:47 pm

hey kate. yeah it is definitely something i am interested in. i was thinking 2 shakes per day would be best, and to have eggs and toast or something like that for breakfast, or a bit of chicken breast for lunch, and have the shakes for the other 2 meals (so that i can mix it up a bit and not get bored with it). we grill pretty much all the meat we eat, so i won't have to change anything there. it's healthier and i find it tastes better when it's not dripping in fat and oil. and boiled eggs for breakfast will be good for the protein part of it aswell. now that i have my dvd i'll be getting the exercise bit under control (i'd be more than happy to do that every day!) and so it's really the food part that i need to focus on getting right. and if i'm having the shakes for dinner, i'll be saving a lot on groceries too! i just jotted down a little plan of weekly meals and it looks quite good on paper (and not much more expensive than what we spend on groceries now). Nick (my bf) wants to get on them aswell as he feels he's got a bit of fat to lose. I figured that if we bought a pack a week, we could each have 2 shakes every weekday, and then eat really well on the weekends and for other meals (eg. shakes for breakfast and dinner, salad/chicken for lunch). I'm not sure if that will still bring results though... but it's an idea.

Also, got my measurements:

hips: 93.5cm (-.5)
bust:84.5cm (-1.5)
waist: 72.5cm (-2.5 wow)
tummy: 90.5cm (-1.5)
thigh (upper): 60.5cm (+0.5)
thigh (lower): 44cm (same)
calf: 38cm (-1)
ankle: 24cm (same)
bicep: 30cm (+1)
butt: 104.5cm (same)

some ok losses there! and i know those figures should go down by next week! now i just have to decide if i wait til next sunday to measure or if i do it on thursday like i usually would...
jeshka

Postby jeshka » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:13 pm

i'm still unsure about the shakes. i've read heaps about them on here, and there's mixed reviews. i know that i wont know if they'll work for me unless i try them, but it's an expensive risk to take if i find they are horrible (and knowing how fussy i am, thats quite a good possibility). Nick is keen to try them, and if they do work then HOORAY! but still just not sure....
jeshka

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:40 am

maybe just buy one lot and if you arent keen on them between the two of you im sure that you will go through them quick enough. if not you can sell them on ebay
kate_turner2000

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:28 am

they are nice but i guess it comes down to how much u like to eat ur food compared to drinking it straight down. congrats on ur latest measurements.
soon2bayummymummy

Postby jeshka » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:33 pm

we decided to give the shakes a miss. all the negative feedback ive seen/heard about them outweighed the positive, so we just bought some chicken breast and salad to make wraps to have for lunches, and bought some really healthy dinners. i do love my food too much to replace my meals with a shake, so i'll see how i go eating really healthy this week (like, seriously, we bought no chips/spaghetti/noodles/pizzas/pies/anything junky like that!) and hopefully i'll see some results :)

thanks for the feedback, guys!
jeshka

Previous

Return to Personal Progress