It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:02 am

Free Newsletter

Chiefs Daily Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby JP1 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:43 pm

good loss, well done mate
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby shelbel » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:53 pm

Hey good job, thats great that its inspired you to jump back into again, and your under 100 now, that fab! :D

Stay cool (or air conditioned) 8)
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Chief » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:20 pm

going to be hard on monday, been off work for quite a while and start up again. i'm a boilermaker so welding and cutting steel in a sweatbox workshop, will make sure to drink a hell of alotta water.
Yes i'm a bloke
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wr2WOoy/]
[/url]
Chief

Re: Chiefs Daily Progress

Postby Chief » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:17 am

thought id stick me head back in, ashamed.

havnt been sticking to much of any plan since my last post, weight has been bouncing back and forth, for a while i was down to 96.5 and currently around the 100.00 mark again.

getting a bit depressed again for not sticking to anything, slowley working up the momentum to start a health kick again, think i have to be more realistic and not just jump into it full hog straight away.

my main problems are working, i work in a place that gets a lunch van service everyday and a quick cheap way out is a pie and chock milk everyday. all i have to do is start making my lunch for work and not be tempted by the van.

eating bad at work results in me wanting to miss lunch but i always end up eating more at dinner.

i know my prolems and hopefully work through them one day.
Yes i'm a bloke
[/url]
Chief

Postby MagicGirl79 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:19 pm

Don't be ashamed Chief, we all have our ups and downs. Myself, I lost 30kg in 2005 and now I'm back up 15kgs. So your 4/5kg gain is not much compared to my disgusting slide...

BUT! The good thing is that you're back and you're willing to get back into the weightloss thing. I think your plan of tackling one thing at a time is a great strategy. Aim to bring your lunch to work for 3 weeks straight (apparently it takes 21 days to form a habit) and once you've done that you can then aim on something else, like exercise or something.

We're here to support you, so stay in touch!
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby Chief » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:58 pm

just popping in again.

joined the local gym, me and the mrs get there around 2 times a week and do a bit of cardio, half hour treadmill, half hour on the bikes and usually about an hour of casual swimming.

still been hammering the alcohol and eating bad foods, just not as much anymore.

instead of buying food at work of the fastfood van i been taking in those tins of chunky soups and waking them in the pie warmer, tase great and pretty fat free, get begies and stuff so must be good?

all in all the weight is dropping, sitting on average of 91-93kg at the moment.
Yes i'm a bloke
[/url]
Chief

Postby Chief » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:41 pm

still lurking....

membership at the gym ran out, we had a good go at it for a while but slackened off towards the end of it

still sitting around the 90 - 92kg mark but feeling fitter, still have rough eating patches but generally eating alot better food.

mrs started those opti shakes so eating bad food around her is making me feel guilty and feels like i may not be supporting her as much as i should.

we've been eating stax of vegies at dinner time and eating fruit through out the day, getting closer

still eating those warm tinnies at work
Yes i'm a bloke
[/url]
Chief

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:00 am

Hi Chief. It's a pity your gym membership ran out, but if you weren't really using it towards the end I guess it's not practical to renew it.

Good on you for eating more fruit and veggies. It sounds like you're doing really well.

And good luck in supporting your wife with her weight loss too. Maybe you should sit down with her and ask her exactly what support she needs from you in support. She may not mind you eating a few treats now and then provided it's not in her presence. If you work out an agreement of what each of you should do to support the other it could work out really well for both of you.

Good luck!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Chief » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:53 am

90.2 as of today, been eating decent food and next to nothing take away
Yes i'm a bloke
[/url]
Chief

Postby Chief » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:42 pm

Hey guys, thought I'd check if my account was still active.

Got my weight down to 85kg a year ago and was getting my fitness to a good level.

Change of job has got me sitting at a desk for 9 hours a day, didn't take long for my weight to stack back on, now im back at 91 -93kg.

Been struggling a fair bit with foods lately, I've been very up and down with my weight and started so many times to eat healthy and then fall over and turn back to the fast foods. Pretty sure its played havoc on my digestive system as I'm not very regular and lately what ever i eat does not seem to pass very well, I've been getting mad indigestion and even vomiting. This has been something that has gradually become quite a concern and have seeked medical advise.

Anyway I've been eating a lot of mushy foods like pumpkin, sweet spuds, cabbage and minced meat style dishes. Still being silly and eating bad foods when I'm out and about.

I'm looking to try commit again and set up a healthy food plan introducing more raw/fresh foods and an exercising routine.

Have got rid of the stationary bike and have now got a treadmill, this helped my (now)wife go from +120kg to now 90kg. She has done really well.

Well lets see how this goes, again...
Yes i'm a bloke
[/url]
Chief

Postby Blitz » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:23 pm

I'm glad you are seeking medical advice...that doesn't sound normal at all. Fast food can do some awful things to us but not to that extent.

Here's a mind trick that has helped me steer away from fast food in the past...when tempted I run this script in my head: "You've eaten your lifetime's quota of fast food already. This is not you anymore...back away and find something healthy fat boy!" The idea behind it is that it cuts out that "poor me I'm not getting fast food...blow it - I'm going to have some" syndrome that we all fall into. There is also the pointer that healthy is an alternative and a warning (fat boy :shock: ).

Seeing your wife going forward must inspire you to greatness surely? :D Sounds like you're still swinging at it which is good...get back on that treadmill and power away!

Regards
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Previous

Return to Personal Progress