It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:58 pm

Free Newsletter

Rebecca's quest to be 80kgs by Christmas!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Rebecca's quest to be 80kgs by Christmas!

Postby Rebecca » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:16 pm

I am going to use this as my venting place, haha, as well as my blog I guess. I'll hopefully get some photos up here soon. I am going to take starting photos tomorrow! My short term goal is to be 80kgs by Christmas. Long term, I'd love to be about 70, see how I feel and if I want get a bit lower, maybe 65. It is more about feeling more comfortable in my own skin.

Okay, well to start, I am not on a diet... I am changing my lifestyle. I've proved to myself that diets do not work for me, I need to make the long term change.

My lifestyle change started in full force about a week ago and so far, so good. I have been eating well, exercising more and feeling a lot better about myself. Last Tuesday I weighed 91.6kg, so tomorrow we will see how this week went. I am hoping at least a kg down.

My biggest issue is eating out, I am not a big eater of fast food, but my boyf and I go to a lot of restaurants, maybe like 3 times a week? Plus, coffee with friends seems to turn into coffee and cake with friends, a few drinks turns into stumbling home at 5am.. you get the picture!

Saying that, I am not prepared to totally give up my lifestyle, I enjoy going out to eat, I like to wind down witha few drinks at the end of a week but I need to do it in moderation. I can have thai, but i'll just have the stir fries... no curry puffs! (God, I wish they were fat free!) It is about making changes I can live with. I've done the no carb thing, but lets face it - I freaking love bread... no two ways about it! I am going to be sensible and I should be fine.. I hope!

So, until tomorrow - lets see how much close I can get to my Christmas goal!

Until then,
Rebecca.
Rebecca

Postby tamlee » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:19 pm

Hi Rebecca and welcome to the forum. Best wishes with your weight loss and lifestyle change :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wlFCALM/]
[/url]
tamlee

Postby shelbel » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:22 pm

Hi Rebecca!
Sounds to me like you have it worked it out your so right about the life change as opposed to a diet, its much more sustainable in the long run.
Good luck with your weightloss goals, its a hard journey sometimes, but so worth it! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Rebecca » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:33 pm

Woohoo!
Weighed in this morning at 89.4kg! YAAY. All the hard work paid off, I don't want to see the 90s ever again!
Rebecca

Postby matchbox » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:44 pm

congrats dude, that's fantastic :D keep up the good work and you'll be at goal in no time! :wink:
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby oostevens » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:04 pm

hey :) i started off at 89.5 and am now...hopefully still 83 ha ha. You can do it :) I cant wait to be out of the 80s hehe. I am hoping to get to 80 in the next few weeks.

Its a great place to vent, and to record stuff, and trust me it helps. I took a week off from using this forum and i started to lose track and not try anymore. :( I dont wanna gain what i lost.

So yeah :) eat right, exercise and drink water :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby Rebecca » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:09 pm

Thank you for the words of encouragement! I appreciate it :)

I had a small victory this morning! I went to my friends house and I made babycakes, as she has just had a baby and has 2 beautiful little girls. Anyway, we were having our coffee and I had 1, not 2 not 3, 1! and I was fine with that! wooohooo! These cakes are tiny mind you! I am impressed with myself!

Just as a side note, they were made from a new white wings range and I made the strawberry ones. They were yum, and I worked them out on my WW calculator at being 1 point each! So not bad if you need to take something sweet with you, good portion control there! However, make sure you did what I did... leave the leftovers!

Keep smiling,
Bec
Rebecca

Postby shelbel » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:18 pm

Are you a ww'er too?? :D

Its a great stage to be at when you know you can go places and still join in and enjoy the food with out going overboard! That lesson took me a long time to learn! LOL Good on you!!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

shelbel

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:29 pm

wow havent seen the new white wings range yet. glad you enjoyed it though!
kate_turner2000

Postby Rebecca » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:58 pm

shelbel wrote:Are you a ww'er too?? :D

Its a great stage to be at when you know you can go places and still join in and enjoy the food with out going overboard! That lesson took me a long time to learn! LOL Good on you!!

I'm not a WW'er now, but I was! I always usually check the points on snacks I have because I don't like snacking on things over like 2.5 points just as a rough guide. I am a terrible, terrible tracker and even worse at making the time to go to the meetings each week! I do think it is the most liveable weightloss program there is!
Rebecca

Postby shelbel » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:53 pm

Yeah thats what i like about it, its flexible. I just do it at home cos i have all the books and bobs and this forum keeps me in line too!

Thats i good idea about the snacks though.
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

shelbel

Postby Rebecca » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:10 pm

Weighed in this morning at 88.6, so a loss of 0.8kg. Pretty happy with that! Went to a party where everything, and I mean everything, was fried... and dessert? a chocolate fountain! oh god. I did well to not eat too much.

Back at school this week so I am flat chat... argh need to someone squeeze in some gym time and more importantly some me time!

Hope everyone is doing fantastic :)
Rebecca

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:19 pm

omg chocolate fountain!!! ive requested one of those for 1 day next year on my birthday- hire one not buy one LOL. was it delish? well done on the loss !!
kate_turner2000

Postby Rebecca » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:24 pm

kate_turner2000 wrote:omg chocolate fountain!!! ive requested one of those for 1 day next year on my birthday- hire one not buy one LOL. was it delish? well done on the loss !!

seriously... it was so good! haha, I have always wanted to try one and when I saw it I was like "MUST HAVE!!!" So I had a few strawberries and marshmallows.... I didn't have any cake though! which I was very proud of! So yeah... they are really yummy!! It would be a good idea just hiring one though. I think through the fountain they put like 6 family sized blocks of cadbury... oh god.
Rebecca

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:00 pm

omg gotta have decent choccie in it for sure. id dip profiteroles in it *drool*
kate_turner2000

Next

Return to Personal Progress