It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:39 am

Free Newsletter

My Weightloss Take 2

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

My Weightloss Take 2

Postby oostevens » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:03 pm

Ok.

I am back. I had to come back. I think I have gained all that I have lost. Or I dunno, gained weight at least.

I haven't eaten bad, but haven't eaten as good as I should.

I haven't worked out cos i was sick, but did 2 small exercise workouts the past 2 nights.

So I am starting again. Here today. I need to.

Sorry about all the fuss I caused. I am a new person.

This time, this will all be different.

First goal - I WILL be 80kgs by October 24th.

Thanks guys
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby matchbox » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:18 pm

good to see you back rach :) congrats on the loss so far, you're doing fantastic! :)

good luck with your first goal :) i'm sure you can do it :)
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby oostevens » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:01 pm

how did you do it matchbox? I want to reach the weight you are at now. How did you do it? How long did it take you? (i am hoping to get there by Feb next year)

you are an inspiration!
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby matchbox » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:21 pm

i started off by just eating healthier - potato chips, coke, fizzy drink, hot chips, sausage rolls, chocolate - all gone for a bit.
coke was swapped for coke zero, and the rest i just stopped eating so much, i hardly ever have chips and sausage rolls now, but i still have chocolate every now and again :wink: i focused on eating better for a while before adding exercise. i've kinda stopped and started a bit, the first real conscious decision was when i went shopping in melbourne in september last year - so many gorgeous clothes that wouldn't fit! so it's taken a while lol. over chrissie and easter i slacked off a bit, as well as during exams (i don't do well with stress!) now i've added exercise but seem to be stuck on a bit of a plateau - too much coke and not enough fruit and veggies! if you're motivated to do it, and don't lose that motivation, then im sure you'll get there rach :) i'm sure you'll get there by feb :)

sorry this is really long haha.

thank you so much, that just made me blush! hehe. i still don't think i look that different though (i have pretty crappy self-esteem - i still see me at 85kg, which sucks lol.)
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby HappyBella55 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:44 pm

Welcome back Rach :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby oostevens » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:54 pm

aww don't be like that! hehe u are gorgeous :) and i cannot wait to reach the weight you are at right now.

Ok. At the moment I am doing alright. Have been quite a bit moody lately (maybe cos of the new pill) and have been a bit negative as well (thanks for telling it like it is bella).

I havent been like this for a long time, last time i was, i was quite depressed and not happy at all whith who i am. Hubby also pointed out that i complain too much. So i am working on abolishing that quality.

I am quite happy with who i am. I am just unhappy with how i look. But i am changing that :) I am coming to terms with the fact that the reason i am so isolated from friends now, is because i pushed them away. I didnt make the effort to keep them. I didnt make effort because i was sick of trying and failing. So many times i tried to plan things and i failed. People were too busy, bla bla bla. SO i gave up. I kinda live by a motto, not a good one at that, 'i would rather assume things won't happen, so not to get my hopes up'.

Sounds silly hey hehe. But i dont like being let down. So i stay negative ha ha but only about things that include me. I am never negative about anyone else. I guess i have faith in everything, except myself. But i am going to change that. Its not a nice place where i am right now (lifewise), and i would like to skip town :P (not really, i love where i live ha ha)

I am quite determined to stay healthy. I want to eat well, and exercise. I am staying away from take away foods (except subway when i have to), chocolate, bad softdrink (anything undiet - but i am limiting diet), chips and lollies. I have pretty much gone 2months without those, so i know i can do that. I am also going to portionise my foods (i failed with that last night teehee).

The husband and I are eating alot of steamed veges :) They taste great and are so low in calories :)

I am back into water drinking too. Drank 1.5L + yesterday and plan to do the same today.

As for exercise, well i plan on doing my high intensity interval training each night for 20mins on the treadmill, and then i will do:

2x 10 womens pushups
3x 30 crunches
2x 10 tricep dips
20x squats
20x lunges
2x 10 weights per arm

I am pumped for all that.

Musically, my band is moving forward. We have 3 full songs now, and are adding drums very soon, and will hopefully have some kind of recording to show people. I recon we will do well. The songs are unique and my husband is such a talented guitarist and musician. He has the ability to write songs that get stuck in your head :)

I am really excited! We just need a drummer and a bassist hehe (we are using drum machine on comp atm)

Oh, i finally get to go to Chinchilla. My friend got married last yr in may (1 month after me) and moved out there with her (farmer) husband. I haven't been able to visit yet (had a crap car).

Now i have a new car :) and i am going out there for the 27th-29th october :) I cannot wait. I miss her so much. We were/are best friends. I am gunna take a zillion photos! where they live its out in the outback :) which is awesome!

So yeah, thats some info about where i am right now :)

Thanks for letting me ramble....if i was actually speaking that to you, it would have taken me 1 second :) I speak fast.....so fast that when i hear myself talking (after i recorded myself) i have no idea what i said :p

*hug* luv ya

Rach
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:00 pm

glad to have u back AND GOODLUCK with your goal by oct 24th.
cheers,deb
soon2bayummymummy

Postby oostevens » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:33 pm

well, day 1 = BAD

I was doing well with work, had a muesli bar, vive lite biscuits, soy and linsead tuna sanga, nearly all my water, and 3 chuppa chups and small bag of lite popcorn.

I had calculated my calories and was goin ok, including the exercise i planned to do. I was going to have steamed veges for dinner (which i was looking forward to like crazy)

We arrived home from work, to a very dark and still neighbourhood. The power was out in our lil section of Burpengary (due to earlier storms).

We waited. We didn't want to to go out and buy dinner, but we figured we would have to. So after it started getting late, we decided to go to subway and get dinner. Low and behold, subway closes earlier on weekdays. So where to now? Well, we had no other choice. We got kfc. Its been 2months or more since i have had takeaway. It tasted yuck, i feel yuck, but we had nothing else :(

Got home, power still out. It was out for 3.5hrs (that we were at home).

Was going to workout on tready tonight, but my cough was bad again. So i decided to do my exercises, but i had no lights, and we didnt have candles :s so no workout tonite.

I am feeling pretty crappy, about my food and lack of exercise. I know it wasnt my fault, but it wasnt a great way to start my weightloss.

Tomorrow is a new day, and it will be MY day.

Thanks for letting me blabber :p
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:59 am

arent power failures the worst! we were without power for 3-4 days back in june when we had the floods and storms here on the central coast. we did the opposite and actually didnt eat alot due to the stress of it and the fact that all our food went off and we were flooded in. im sure that even though kfc was your only option i bet you made great food choices whilst buying it :)
kate_turner2000

Postby lng86 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:12 am

Rachel, glad to see you are back and obviously more determined than ever. Fantastic!

I am going to be a little Jenny Craig on you - especially seeing as though that is my new job. So, what do you want from me - support, motivation or accountability? You tell me what you want... And I'll write my response accordingly!!!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby oostevens » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:35 am

hehe can i get a bit of all three :p
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby lng86 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:37 am

SURE! I will write you a proper response tomorrow! Have a great day, Rach! I believe in you. Hope you feel better too!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby oostevens » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:43 pm

thanks heaps lauren :) u rock. and i cannot wait to hear your response, or rather, 'read' it hehe.

i am a tad down today, my brother and his gf broke up last night, a mutual break up, so no bad terms. But it makes me sad, i have never broken up with a guy before, and i am just thnking about how they would feel, all the good times they shared etc.

I feel sad for him and i liked her, so i shall miss her.

*sigh* i wish i could protect my lil bro and sis.
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby matchbox » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:52 pm

I am quite happy with who i am. I am just unhappy with how i look. But i am changing that I am coming to terms with the fact that the reason i am so isolated from friends now, is because i pushed them away. I didnt make the effort to keep them. I didnt make effort because i was sick of trying and failing. So many times i tried to plan things and i failed. People were too busy, bla bla bla. SO i gave up. I kinda live by a motto, not a good one at that, 'i would rather assume things won't happen, so not to get my hopes up'.

Sounds silly hey hehe. But i dont like being let down. So i stay negative ha ha but only about things that include me. I am never negative about anyone else. I guess i have faith in everything, except myself. But i am going to change that. Its not a nice place where i am right now (lifewise), and i would like to skip town (not really, i love where i live ha ha)

it's not silly. i know EXACTLY what you mean. i'm like that too, and i'm trying to change it :) it's so hard though. good on you for wanting to change that :)

you sound so motivated roach, i'm so sure you will get to your goal :) i know you'll do it :)

your weekend with your friend sounds awesome, hope u have a fab time!

don't worry about the junk food, we all stuff up someimtes, plus, there wasn't a lot you could do about it. i'm sure ur eating better now anyway :)

(sorry it took me so long, had a huge assignment to do, now i've got too much to say! lol)

BTW, you're allowed to blabber, this is your thread :wink: hehe

sorry to hear about your bro and his gf, i hope he's ok :)

*hugs*

u can do it hun :D

xx
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby oostevens » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:31 pm

aww thanks :) its great to know someone else believes in me :p

my bro seems ok, apparently.

i am eating light popcorn :) yummm
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!