It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:57 am

Free Newsletter

My Weightloss Take 2

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby Mandie » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:48 pm

Awsome, size 12! :D

Don't worry, the upper body stuff will come too. Sounds like you're going great with the healthy lunches! Keep it up!
Mandie

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:15 pm

Yay, sounds great Rach! Those wraps sound yummy! That's a good way to keep them interesting too, changing the meats around!

You'll be into those Size 12's before you know it!!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby oostevens » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:24 am

I woke up at 5.30am this morning and did a H.I.I.T workout on the treadmill! I am so proud of me, usually i sleep in as much as possible. But today starts my new daily workplan.

5.30am - wake up and do HIIT on Treadmill for 20mins

7:00am - leave for work

10:00am - morning tea

12.00pm - lunch

3:00pm - afternoon tea

6:00pm - workout (crunches, pushups, tricep dips, lunges, squats, weights etc)

7:00pm (or earlier) - dinner

(work on singing sometime)

9.30pm-10.30pm - go to bed (somewhere in that time)

I am trying to at least drink 1.25L water :) which i am pretty much managing. I just gotta remember to drink it, no matter how busy I am.

Having a bad day at work. I hope it ends soon or gets better. Can't wait to go home.

On a more positive note, I am looking thinner in reflections now. I don't cringe as much anymore, and sometimes I don't believe its actually me. As i said in an earlier post, my butt has decreased in size and it still freaks me out when i go to feel it and its littler ha ha ha.

I am trying to be positive :)

oh, hubby started smoking again....only 1-2 a day 3 if its really stressful. He doesn't take any to work (thank God). He had been on the nicotine gum for 2yrs and it didnt even work. He had tried the patches, the losenges as well. He is addicted to nicotine. Even when he had his first smoke in 2yrs after the gum, he didn't even have a prob handling it. That is not meant to happen. Anyways, we chatted about it and i voiced my oppinion, and we met half way. I can't actually make him stop smoking, but i can at least check up on him everyday. If he goes over 2-3 a day we are gunna get him off it. But yeah after 1month we are going to reasses the situation and maybe get help for him to quit. He was born to a smoker, and was around smokers all the time, he started smoking in grade 6 and he was a heavy smoker, so yeah.

There is 1 positive in this though. He is now the same Ryan that i fell in love with. Lately before smoking agian, he had become angry and frustrated and not very touchy and impatient. When i met him he was the opposite. I am glad to not have my husband going mental with swearing and anger if he spills a drink or hits the wrong key on the computer...but i still dont like the smoking, i am adjusting, and its weird but him stopping the gum and smoking again has made his asthma better...

Thats my update all :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby oostevens » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:44 am

Not the best week. Still coping with a now smoking again husband, ttom came to visit, have been headachy all day the past few days even though i drank 1.25L-2L water a day.

Felt sick last night.

No workouts :(

Had KFC last night, bro and his gf were over :(

So yeah.....and today I feel bloated and yuck :(

Someone please reply to me :( ha ha
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby Mandie » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:48 am

Certainly sounds like a bad week - hope it gets better soon!

Yuck.. KFC! Actually, I think it's a good fast food because I always feel AWFUL after eating it - it's so greasy and it just sits in your stomach and blergh... so it's a great reminder NOT to do it again... and think how much better you would have felt after a delicious subway!

Don't worry, things will improve!

With the headaches - maybe it's not the water, maybe you're not eating enough or not eating enough of the right things? Or perhaps tension/stress.. Headaches are horrible, I hope they leave you alone!
Mandie

Postby lng86 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:52 am

Losing weight is tough... AND losing weight when feeling blah is tougher - but you just have to push through, my friend...

I mean - what is the alternative?!?! You've come so far already!

It's about everything in moderation. I think you are doing a great job! Slow and steady wins the race.

Keep smiling,
Lauren.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby Sas » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:04 am

awww Rach sounds like you have had a doosy of a week. *hugs*

You can get through this. Next week is a new week and I'm sure your body will feel a little better then. Keep up the awesome work with the water.

You can do it hun... we all have bad weeks just make sure next week is a good one :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Postby milkyway » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:15 am

Hang in there Rach. Don't give up. Hope you're feeling better soon.

No one was 'born to be a smoker'. I used to be a smoker (started when I was in Year 7) and I know how hard it is to quit as I've done it several times... and failed. I've been smoke free for almost 6 years now, thank god. But please don't try to rationalise your husband's smoking or his behaviour -- even one cigarette is harming him. He probably needs help or intervention from a GP or something to help him get over the nictoine addiction.

My husband smokes too and I hate it. And I know he is the only one who can make the decision to quit -- you have to do it for you, nobody else (like losing weight!). He knows how much I hate it and he always tries to rationalise it - that he doesn't smoke much, that he is otherwise healthy etc etc etc :roll:
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby oostevens » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:45 am

Ryan saw his doc the other day. The doc said he should be proud of his progress. I mean from smoking 1 pack over 1-2days to now smoking 1-2 cigarettes in 1 day.

The doc said he should quit cos of his asthma (even though it doesnt affect him) but that he shouldn't feel bad cos he still smokes, he is doing very well.

We are gunna see how he is on 1st january. he doesnt like smoking but at the moment *he* needs to. I am not worried, at least its not 1 pack a day. And he will quit :) People just dont understand, i mean i dont but i never smoked.
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby matchbox » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:50 am

hey rach! sorry to hear you're feeling crappy :( sorry i didn't see this earlier chikki. *huuuuuuuuuge hugs* don't worry about not working out - its only 1 or 2 days, i'm sure you'll get back on track soon. i KNOW you will :)
blergh about the KFC, always makes me feel like crap after too! but nevermind, today is a new day :) just hope there's no leftovers :wink: hehe.
Ryan seems to be doing well, if he can cut it down further, 1 every day, 1 every 2 days, 1 every 3 days... etc then that cd be good to :) as long as he's looking after himself :) if he's gonna quit, good on him :D make him stick with it, k? :wink: hehe

hope you feel better soon chikki :( *more hugs*

xx
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:38 pm

Eurgh, I don't think I could date a smoker :( The last guy I was seeing was one and it made me realise just how gross it is and how much it SMELLS!!!

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time of it all :(

I totally agree with Mandie, fast food just makes me feel horrible now. I remember once a couple of years ago I had a Happy Meal at Maccas and it sat in my stomach and made me feel horrid all night!!! Has it put you off having KFC again??
zeedeveelgirl

Postby oostevens » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:25 pm

it sure has!

All day i felt bloated and gassy and it was painful and never again!
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby Mandie » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:13 pm

My ex was a smoker, I used to kick him out of my room to smoke (I was in Ireland, my housemates smoked in the house... but my bedroom was a smoke free zone!) even at 2am or 6am or whatever and it was freezing cold, he had to go out into the hallway!

And I made him chew gum and spray deoderant before I would go near him...
Mandie

Postby oostevens » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:44 pm

hubby has a smoking shirt. he puts it on to smoke and then takes it off :) and i wont kiss him unless he has mints or listerine or something. He smokes outside and not near me :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby sassi » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:57 am

hey rach! hope you're feeling better :)

size 12? nice work chicky!! you must be so happy :D
sassi

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress