It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:39 am

Free Newsletter

my emo eating

Share and get help to overcome your emotional eating issues here.

Moderator: Moderators

my emo eating

Postby Helena08 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:30 pm

Hello

First id like to say that I am 26, and for HALF of my life (yes for 13 years - since I was 13), I have had emotional eating problems!
That is pretty scary.

I think my brain's thinking pattern goes something like this... "You must do everything perfectly, if you do not do it perfectly, than you have failed and you might as well binge eat". So of course, I end up binge eating all the time!! I am very much a black and white person, everything is either very good, or its very bad - no in between.
I cannot seem to shake this way of thinking, at all.

I do love exercising, and it is probably thanks to exercising that I am not obese and just on the border of healthy weight and overweight according to the BMI.

Does anyone else experience this?
Helena08

Postby *Princess Bee* » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:33 pm

I do find that i overeat to stop/compensate for stress/unhapiness.

My stress/unhappiness comes from my job. I generally overstress about unimportant issues which is hard.

My biggest problem is that i don't eat a large variety of foods so when i do eat it's all junk food. (I don't eat salads or fruits) so it does make it hard when tryin to eat healthy.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wYIlUpO/]
[/url]
*Princess Bee*

Postby SarahC » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:22 pm

I'm a worrier, I worry about everything, almost all the time! So, I think I eat to calm the awful worry feeling. But then I just worry about how much I've eaten, which makes me eat even more!!!!

I am lucky that I don't eat any junk food, I just binge on healthy food lol. And I do so much excercise it's not funny :oops:
SarahC

Return to Emotional Eating