It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:44 am

Free Newsletter

need to stop eating when bored!

Share and get help to overcome your emotional eating issues here.

Moderator: Moderators

need to stop eating when bored!

Postby chubbywife79 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:32 pm

I really need to find things to do on weekends. During the week fine and I'm not bored because I got things to do but when comes to weekends especially hubby goes to help out at his Grandparent's that when I bored. So before he goes I'm fine and when he goes and come to lunch time. I say I'm not hungry so I don't eat and then just because I finish doing what I have to do and boredom kicks in. Because I have to just make myself something to eat.

Like today I didn't want a sandwich so I went into the freezer and got 2 pies out and heat them up and ate them. Now I feel sick from eating them and tad bit guilty. I don't know why when I'm bored I make bad choices on what to eat. I think I need to find something protactive to do on weekends! But got no clue.
chubbywife79

Re: need to stop eating when bored!

Postby Purpledog21 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:53 pm

have you thought about joining a group or club for when hubby is away? or activities you can do at home like art and craft or something then you cant get bored it can also give you chance to make presents as well. ive found i get bored alot when im home and eat what i shouldnt as well thats why i have started to jump on the exercise bike when i feel like that to try and take away both feelings
hope this has given you some ideas

Vonnie
Purpledog21

Re: need to stop eating when bored!

Postby chubbywife79 » Mon May 05, 2008 9:47 pm

Thanks for the tips Vonnie, I won't be bored now since I got alot going on.
chubbywife79

Return to Emotional Eating