It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:30 pm

Free Newsletter

I am a emotinal eater !!!!!!!

Share and get help to overcome your emotional eating issues here.

Moderator: Moderators

I am a emotinal eater !!!!!!!

Postby think - thin » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:40 pm

Wow, I did the survey on the front web page of this site and I was AMAZED !!!!!!!!!

I always thought I had a eating disorder, and now after reading it, I know now I have am a emotional eater. And it makes sense. When I am bored I ate, upset I eat stressed upset etc etc. Thinking about my childhood my mum has been a huge influnce (and I am not blaming her at all)... Insted of having one toasted sandwhich she would make me two etc, so basically she would feed me double of what I was suppose to have..

I have to work really hard to get over this ... its going to be exremly hard but I can do it ... I hope !!!!

Any tips ??
JESSIKA

Start Weight (2.1.09) 89.6kg
29.3.09 - 84.4kg
18.4.09 - 87.3kg :(
Total Loss : 5.2kg
think - thin

Re: I am a emotinal eater !!!!!!!

Postby warriorsgirl » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:33 pm

As ur names suggests... Think thin!!! :)

I figured that Im in the same boat to, so I occupy myself...
Wen Im find myself heading to the kitchen for a snack, I walk in the other direction.
I've taken up a lot of reading as well, so it keeps me busy.

I think thats the key, just find things that keep you busy.

Good Luck.
warriorsgirl

Re: I am a emotinal eater !!!!!!!

Postby SarahC » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:43 am

Reading sounds like a great idea. I recently pulled out a book that I stopped reading about 18 months ago, and started reading it again. I stopped because it was boring and taking forever to get to the good bit. But, as it turned out, I was only a few pages away from it... so that occupied me for a few nights, got a bit glued to the book and it kept me out of the kitchen!

Just ordered a stack of low-carb vegetarian books off Amazon, so hopefully they arrive quickly... and, are interesting!

Apart from that, I can't think of anything else, as I suffer from the same thing. I've tried many many many things to help, but nothing has. So, open to suggestion!!
SarahC

Return to Emotional Eating