It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:04 pm

Free Newsletter

Emotional eating gone awry

Share and get help to overcome your emotional eating issues here.

Moderator: Moderators

Emotional eating gone awry

Postby WillBThin50 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:09 am

Hi, I have a bit of a problem, I wonder if I'm the only one and what I can do to overcome this?

If I were to show you a pie chart of my emotions on a daily basis it would probably look like this: Nothing 80%, Happiness 10%, Anger 5%, other 5%. Now, the nothing is not really a concern. I don't overeat or undereat at nothing. I eat because it's logical to eat when I'm hungry and unnecessary to eat when I'm not. It's the other 20%. When I'm happy I over eat and REALLY over eat. I can easily consume 5 lobsters and be ready to eat more after an hour (not exagerating). When I'm angry or other, I can't physically bring myself to eat. Luckily the distribution of my emotions are the way they are, but when something upsets that balance and I'm more happy or angry or other, I don't know what to do. Now, I like happiness, it's a fun feeling but I put on weight when I'm happy and this is just wrong. How can I achieve more happiness without achieving more fat? Why do I seem physically incapable of eating when I'm sad, as in, food actually smells revolting and the thought of the texture and taste in my mouth makes me gag? Is this normal?
"There is no happiness except in the realization that we have accomplished something" - Henry Ford

"To those who do not know mathematics it is difficult to get across a real feeling as to the beauty, the deepest beauty, of nature ... If you want to learn about nature, to appreciate nature, it is necessary to understand the language that she speaks in." - Richard Feynman

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWVLKlF/]
[/url]
WillBThin50

Re: Emotional eating gone awry

Postby Zolan » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:51 pm

it's actually very normal, I feel the same way about food when I'm sad. It's just the why our brains are wired.

I guess you can try to do other stuff when you're happy.

Although I crave mcdonalds or hotdogs all the time....

When you really want to eat, you can, just make sure it's ridiculously low in GI and energy levels, like celery sticks and hummus or apples.
"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art"
- La Rochefoucauld
Zolan

Return to Emotional Eating