It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:22 pm

Free Newsletter

Help?!

Share and get help to overcome your emotional eating issues here.

Moderator: Moderators

Help?!

Postby wicked.kitti » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:39 am

I'm really struggling today.

It's day five of the new diet, and I think that has made me tired enough, but last night I had a long discussion with my boyfriend about how things were travelling (not well obviously) and we're now considering breaking up.
I just feel so flat and seem barely able to stay conscious let alone work. I'm DYING for some chocolate or at least a cup of coffee (which is Forbidden). But I know that will make me feel guilty and therefore even worse.

Help?!
wicked.kitti

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:03 am

Hi wicked kitti
sorry to hear that about you and your partner. im sure everything will work out in the end :) maybe have a jarrah chocolatte - theyre not bad and really cure the choccy cravings! if you need a chat we are always here and a bonus is that we are non judgemental!
kate_turner2000

Postby Pinkie » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:15 am

Hi wicked.kitti

I'm so sorry to hear about your relationship. I think Kate's idea is a great solution!! Drink lots of water too, hopefully that'll help the cravings pass. If you're feeling down think of another way of cheering yourself up rather than eating hun. What about buying yourself a new handbag or a book or something like that? Just an idea. Hope you're feeling better soon :D
Pinkie xx

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBH58xg/]
[/url]
Pinkie

Postby Dee » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:55 pm

Light some candles, grab the bubble bath and a good book and soak for a while... Let yourself be transported to another world and forget your worries for a while, hun.
Like my Dad always says "this too will pass." You'll get through this, with the strength of your own character.

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby wicked.kitti » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:40 am

Thanks so much for your help guys. You have no idea how much it means to me at the moment.

I managed ok and just had some strawberries and yoghurt for the sweetness. So I'm pretty proud of that.

My Boyf ad I had another good talk, and he's going to try to make a bit more of an effort. If not, things will be over, and I know I'll be ok. Just disappointed & sad I guess.

But Thanks again for your thoughts, it helped alot.
wicked.kitti

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:29 pm

sound slike a problem his end so if he straightens up -wonderful! if not- dont get down kitti, keep going and you will be right ;)
kate_turner2000

Postby Lols » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:30 pm

Hi Wicked Kitti! Well im in the same boat as you today - things just really aren't going right and im very tempted right now to go get myself a king size Cherry Ripe.

Im under a lot of what i think is undue pressure at work - its one of these work places that i could rotate the world on its axis and it still wouldnt be good enough.

My last job i left 2 months ago - well i found out today that my commissions from there they are putting into someone elses name - when i rang them to tell them how unfair it was - because i may have left but those are still things i sold before i went .... they were really rude to me and basically said too bad how sad.

My boy is not being supportive either or maybe its just TTOTM and so im expecting too much.

Just want to runaway and hide in a cave with a block of chocolate :cry:
Lols

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:34 pm

no you dont need chocolate! thats not going to solve anything! grab a big bottle of water and go for a nice long walk :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Pinkie » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:13 pm

Yes hun, don't treat yourself with food treat yourself with a leisurely walk in nature. Go to a park, or by a river or wherever you are and enjoy it. Or get a movie out to brighten your spirits. Or buy yourself a new CD or book or something. Please don't eat the choccie you are stronger than that! :D
Pinkie xx

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBH58xg/]
[/url]
Pinkie

Postby SarahC » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:21 pm

Sounds awful! The chocolate may look very tempting, and you'll really enjoy eating it, but how will you feel afterwards? Worse than before :( If you can, get away from the stress for a bit by going for a walk or something else relaxing that you enjoy... anything that you will feel better after you have done, not worse :wink:

Writing job applications sometimes helps too if you are hating your job. Pull out your resume and look at all the great things you have done :D
SarahC

Postby Lols » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:10 pm

Thank you so much to everyone for your support!

As an update:

Didnt end up going to get the chockie bar - admittingly thats more because all our company cars have been lent out and so i have no means of transportation to get to the shops .... but either way ive remained good.

Plus my uniform for work has just arrived so now im glad i didnt indulge - as i ordered all my pants etc in a 14 and a 14 has been a bit squeezy for me in the past ...... so there's incentive there! Must be good to make sure i fit into work uniform!

And ive basically strongly hinted to my boy that im really down today so i need him to be very loving.

So focus! focus! focus! Must fit into the spunky new uniform!
Lols

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:30 pm

well done lol what an incentive!
kate_turner2000

Postby wicked.kitti » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:13 pm

Good work Lols, you did brilliantly. Big hugs to you!!

I've heard that its good to do really energetic exercise when you have that sort of angry/frustrated sadness (like a combat class) because it helps you work off all that tension (and you can really get into it :wink: )

But snaps to you for being so strong!
wicked.kitti

Return to Emotional Eating