It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:05 pm

Free Newsletter

Guilty

Share and get help to overcome your emotional eating issues here.

Moderator: Moderators

Guilty

Postby lollilova » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:06 am

I always suspected it, but now I definately know it.

My son went off to day care for the first time yesterday and because he wanst at my heals all day I had my head buried in the pantry...

I can't believe how much I missed him! I haven't had time away from him other than when I worked part time but that doesnt count because I wasnt in my own home. I still had the baby to look after but he can't really come after me and look at what I'm looking at. I think that is why i am so good when Devon is around because as soon as the pantry door is opened he knows and I have to close it quickly before he grabs the flour or breadcrumbs and spreads them all over the floor.

I have been really good lately, only buying 'good' food, I have even stopped giving Devon lollies as treats for his toilet training as I think that is a bad habit I am teaching him (food as a reward). but yesterday I just wanted to (and did) eat anything, sweet, savoury, anything! :oops:

Obviously I feel like a big fat hippo today, and I think I have learnt my lesson, keep busy with my hands to stop getting into the cupboard. Either that or get a padlock for the fridge and pantry! (not too keen on that idea!).

Just needed to get that off my chest, thanks guys!
Bianca x

lollilova

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:40 am

the padlock sounds good! that way he cant get into there when he is home! it was definately emotional eating- but dont worry about it now lolli- you know where you have slipped up just move on. maybe pack some nice snacks for you to have during the day when he is at day care. get yourself a funky little lunchbox to put in your fridge so you know you can only eat what is in there.

i agree about the lollies too for toilet training. what we do in child care is have a special sticker chart and when they use the toilet they get to put the sticker on the chart themselves and when they get so many stickers they get a treat- not a food treat though! put the shart on the back of the toilet door :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Lolly » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:45 pm

Never mind darl, you knew what the trigger was and now are looking for support to avoid it again - that is what this journey is about.

As for the lunchbox idea - it is a great one. Get your little guy involved in packing his and your lunch the night before - talk about what you are putting in there and why as well - kids are never to young to soak up good habits :D
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby lollilova » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:23 am

Yeah, the lunch box ideas are great because I can limit myself to only what is in there... will try it today!

Also the toilet training with the stickers is brilliant! Devon actually likes putting the stars on the chart and he gets one for his hand too.

I have also adapted it to me for when I drink my water. That way by the end of the week I can by myself a little treat if all my stickers are there, but not food (!!!). A new magazine or book or even a new top. Wonderful incentive.

Thanks Kate and Lolly, you have fantastic ideas.
Bianca x

lollilova

Return to Emotional Eating